Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Mon 7th of May) Final Discussion !

Postby Sickpotter

Skullman wrote:
Casey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:That was a big frame.

You think? Ali can't sting a 40 break - that wouldn't have changed no matter what happened in that frame.

Ugh - we were robbed of a final between Judd and Ronnie.

If Judd couldn't beat Carter he didn't deserve to be in the final.

<ok>

Postby Alex0paul

Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Just a shame the ridiculous schedule has cost Carter in this match.

It's Carter being crap that has lost him this match.

He has had one day off during the tournament, thats not on imo.

Postby Roland

Smart wrote:
Sonny wrote:The worst final I can remember was 1988 when Davis played Griffiths.

Griffiths bt Jimmy in the semi, and it was very hard to get over that. <ok>

I was gutted, after Jimmy beat Hendry I thought he was going to do it. When Griff beat him I was gutted and that spilled over into the final which I hated.

Postby Roland

Alex0paul wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Just a shame the ridiculous schedule has cost Carter in this match.

He was full of beans (or carrots) after the semi saying he was fresh and well up for it.

Postby mantorok

Alex0paul wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Haven't heard him complain of that yet, have you?

Postby Casey

I hope Ronnie puts this to bed in this session.

The way the BBC have talked you would think Ronnie was playing his best stuff - but he isn't. Carter never got these kind of chances in 2008.

Postby freakmoomin

haha!

davis on bbc saying yet again (while sitting right beside Hendry)

"Ronnie playing the best ive ever seen him and this is another reason why hes the greatest the games ever seen"

or words to those effect......

I like Davis but i just cant help feeling that hes a bit bitter that Hendo came along and ended his domination.

ROS is literally in about 3rd gear here! ive seen him play MUCH better......Carter has had countless chances but
he just cant take any of them. Ronnie is literally walking away with this.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

freakmoomin wrote:haha!

"Ronnie playing the best ive ever seen him and this is another reason why hes the greatest the games ever seen"

I like Davis but i just cant help feeling that hes a bit bitter that Hendo came along and ended his domination.

ROS is literally in about 3rd gear here! ive seen him play MUCH better......Carter has had countless chances but

Davis told everybody last year that Higgins is the best player of all times. So don't be surprised.

Postby jojo

ronnie hasnt been at his best doesnt matter what davis say

and no hazel this hasnt been one of the best tournaments in recent years it actually been the worst

and carters lost this match hendry summed it up perfectly carter came with a gameplan got outplayed and now look demoralised

nothing to do with carter being tired

Postby jojo

if carter is tired it more to do with his gameplan taking a leaf out of ebdons book he consuming way too much energy with his so called matchplay

every frame he win it taking a lot out of him purely because of his approach

Postby Casey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
freakmoomin wrote:haha!

Davis told everybody last year that Higgins is the best player of all times. So don't be surprised.

Yes, Davis will change with the wind.

I think they are trying to build the final with some of the comments on Ronnie - they don't want to say he can see this home in 4th gear I guess.

Unless you are a Jamie Jones or Ronnie fan it has been a very poor tournament - especially compared to last year.

It happens I guess.