Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Sun 6th of May) Final Disscusion !

Postby jojo

carter has proved when theres genuine pressure on him in this match he start making mistakes if he does get close to ronnie ronnie will go clear again either by moving up a gear or from feeding off carter mistakes from pressure situations

Postby Roland

Just talking on twitter about that fluke. Apparently Carter didn't apologise for it. Not that I mind in particular, but he was going on about Judd not apologising for flukes but I was there and I saw Judd raise his hand when he got one. Carter seems to think when he gets one he's somehow owed it.

Come on Ronnie :D

Postby Snooker Overdrive

jojo wrote:carter has proved when theres genuine pressure on him in this match he start making mistakes if he does get close to ronnie ronnie will go clear again either by moving up a gear or from feeding off carter mistakes from pressure situations

That's true, there's no question that Ronnie is the much better pressure player of the two. Also I don't think Carter can win 3 in a row to really close the gap, Ronnie won't let that happen.

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:Carter is irritating. I also don't like the stupid sarcastic smile he gives when he thinks his opponent has had a lucky run of the ball.

Exactly,... He has had his fair shair of run of the ball too in this tourney... like that fluke in that last frame against Ronnie... and like Sonny said, didnt apologise for it....

For me, he is a bit of a smug

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Alpha wrote:Carter's done very well to only be 10-7 down, a bit like Higgins last year....

Yes, as Willy Thorne would say: "He'll feel like he's 10-7 in front!"

Doesn't matter what he feels like. Ronnie only needs eight to win, he needs eleven.

Postby Skullman

Sonny wrote:Just talking on twitter about that fluke. Apparently Carter didn't apologise for it. Not that I mind in particular, but he was going on about Judd not apologising for flukes but I was there and I saw Judd raise his hand when he got one. Carter seems to think when he gets one he's somehow owed it.

Carter has been apologising for some today, although no idea if he did it for that one.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Alpha wrote:Carter's done very well to only be 10-7 down, a bit like Higgins last year....

Doesn't matter what he feels like. Ronnie only needs eight to win, he needs eleven.

Carter is well in this Match

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Carter is well in this Match

Can see him always keeping the three frame gap but never levelling or getting ahead of Ronnie. Plus Ronnie hasn't had one of his brilliant sessions yet.

Postby vodkadiet

Skullman wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:Higgins led Reardon 10-7 and won.

Alex0paul wrote:Every player leading 10-7 overnight has lost the final

rofl Alex has been owned.

I think you're wrong. I think it was 9-6 Reardon.

Postby PLtheRef

Definitely 10-7 to Higgins, they would not play just 15 frames on the first day in a 35 frame final.

Higgins won the session 7-2 on Saturday night (Sunday end to recover 5-3 first session deficit into a 10-7 lead.

Postby vodkadiet

PLtheRef wrote:Definitely 10-7 to Higgins, they would not play just 15 frames on the first day in a 35 frame final.

Higgins won the session 7-2 on Saturday night (Sunday end to recover 5-3 first session deficit into a 10-7 lead.

I thought Hazel Irvine just said that the 1982 final ended 9-6 in favour of Reardon. I either misheard it, or she is misinformed.

Anyway, O'Sullivan won't lose from here, against this choker.

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Just talking on twitter about that fluke. Apparently Carter didn't apologise for it. Not that I mind in particular, but he was going on about Judd not apologising for flukes but I was there and I saw Judd raise his hand when he got one. Carter seems to think when he gets one he's somehow owed it.

Ronnie didn't apologise for his fluke earlier in the match - so maybe that's it?

Who knows, but Carter has a chip on his shoulder?