Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Fri 4th of May) S Final Disscusion !

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:The previous player to lose 18-8 to O'Sullivan beat him in their next Crucible encounter

Patterns/desperation :mosh2:

Desperation :john: :john: :john: :john: every pattern for him works as long as Ronnie loses :john:

Not gonna happen though

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:The previous player to lose 18-8 to O'Sullivan beat him in their next Crucible encounter

Patterns/desperation :mosh2:

Desperation :john: :john: :john: :john: every pattern for him works as long as Ronnie loses :john:

Not gonna happen though

Yes, even if Ronnie would lead 17-0 in the final, he'll say: Ronnie never won a World final from that position before.

Postby mantorok

Alex0paul wrote:These semi finals are adding to what has been a bitterly disappointing tournament. Amazing to think day one was arguably the best day of the event

Do you remember the days when the Hendrys, Hunters, Higgins, Williams, Ronnies were lighting up these tournaments.

I miss those days, days where you really had TOP players performing to their brilliant bests.

Postby Muppet147

Alex0paul wrote:These semi finals are adding to what has been a bitterly disappointing tournament. Amazing to think day one was arguably the best day of the event

Disapp0inting to you, maybe. I for one have enj0yed the tournament immensely. And the icing on the cake will be when Ronnie lifts the famous trophy again.

Postby Witz78

ROUND 1 - SCOTLANDS DOTT HAS A NIGHTMARE
ROUND 2 - SCOTLANDS HIGGINS HAS A NIGHTMARE
QUARTERS - SCOTLANDS HENDRY HAS A NIGHTMARE
SEMIS - SCOTLANDS MAGUIRE HAS A NIGHTMARE

JUST A PITY THERE AINT ANOTHER SWEATY SOCK IN THE FINAL TO COMPLETE THE SEQUENCE

Postby Witz78

Muppet147 wrote:

Disapp0inting to you, maybe. I for one have enj0yed the tournament immensely. And the icing on the cake will be when Ronnie lifts the famous trophy again.

Ronnie winning will be the only saving grace

this is the worst World Championships i can ever remember and ive seen a fair few now.

Postby mantorok

Muppet147 wrote:

It's been different. But yes it would be really nice for Ronnie to go out with a bang, just to show he can still perform to the highest standard.

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:

Yeah he says it's disappointing because his favourite player isnt on the event anymore... Had Dott won this event with the rest of the matches paning out as they did here he would say it was a great event...

Last year my least favourite player won the event and I think it was one of the best ever. He just cant watch Ronnie win it....

Postby mantorok

Witz78 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

Ronnie winning will be the only saving grace

this is the worst World Championships i can ever remember and ive seen a fair few now.

The only drama we've had is all the top seeds being knocked out, when really it should've been close matches with the seeds prevailing.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

mantorok wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

It's been different. But yes it would be really nice for Ronnie to go out with a bang, just to show he can still perform to the highest standard.

go out with a bang???

He already proved that he still can perform to the highest standard against Robbo

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

Yeah he says it's disappointing because his favourite player isnt on the event anymore... Had Dott won this event with the rest of the matches paning out as they did here he would say it was a great event...

Last year my least favourite player won the event and I think it was one of the best ever. He just cant watch Ronnie win it....

To be fair there haven't been many classic matches this year. Trump v Carter was one and Ronnie vs Robbo was the other, with JJ3 vs Carter another possible contender.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Witz78 wrote:can see Ebdong giving Carter all sorts of "advice" on how to beat Ronnie

He shouldn't take too much of Ebdon's advice otherwise his hair will start falling out.

rofl rofl rofl

But Ebdon will definately be giving him some good tactics on how to cope with Ronnie... namely taking more than 5 minutes on a break of 12 rofl

Postby mantorok

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

go out with a bang???

He already proved that he still can perform to the highest standard against Robbo

He's still got to win it, and I hate to say it but I think Carter could grind him down a bit this year.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Witz78 wrote:can see Ebdong giving Carter all sorts of "advice" on how to beat Ronnie

He shouldn't take too much of Ebdon's advice otherwise his hair will start falling out.

rofl rofl rofl

But Ebdon will definately be giving him so good tactics on how to cope with Ronnie... namely taking more than 5 minutes on a break of 12 rofl

His only advice will be: play better than me against Ronnie

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

rofl rofl rofl

But Ebdon will definately be giving him so good tactics on how to cope with Ronnie... namely taking more than 5 minutes on a break of 12 rofl

His only advice will be: play better than me against Ronnie

I could've given him that advice.