Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Fri 4th of May) S Final Disscusion !

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:These semi finals are adding to what has been a bitterly disappointing tournament. Amazing to think day one was arguably the best day of the event

Disapp0inting to you, maybe. I for one have enj0yed the tournament immensely. And the icing on the cake will be when Ronnie lifts the famous trophy again.

Yeah he says it's disappointing because his favourite player isnt on the event anymore... Had Dott won this event with the rest of the matches paning out as they did here he would say it was a great event...

Last year my least favourite player won the event and I think it was one of the best ever. He just cant watch Ronnie win it....

No there have barely been any close matches, the big names have gone out early leaving huge gaps in the draw. Also the semi finals have been the worst in terms of entertainment that I have ever seen. We all know who the winner will be so there is no tension whatsoever.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Wasn't Robbo 7-14 down to Murphy one year and got himself back to 14-14?

Maybe Mags can do the same. #shamelessoptimism

yeah, in 2009.. didnt win the match but leveled it at 14 all like you said...

Cant see Mags doing that though here

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Wasn't Robbo 7-14 down to Murphy one year and got himself back to 14-14?

yeah, in 2009.. didnt win the match but leveled it at 14 all like you said...

Cant see Mags doing that though here

Some of the greatest comebacks are performed at the crucible, I really hope this is one of them.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

but Murphy beat him 17-14

I know I just want it to become closer. Although Carter is more likely to bottle a match than Murphy is.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I know I just want it to become closer. Although Carter is more likely to bottle a match than Murphy is.

you know a lot of stuff about snooker considering you're still relatively new to the game :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

you know a lot of stuff about snooker considering you're still relatively new to the game :hatoff:

It's amazing aint it? he's only been watching snooker for about 1 year and knows lots of stuff already... he says it's the commentators that sometimes say useful things :john: :john: :john: :john:

Postby Witz78

Muppet147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
mantorok wrote:These scots are usually strong, Hendry and Higgins proved that, pull your finger out man!

13-2 and 13-4 is strong?

:-)

The Jocks have taken quite the beating this tournament and it's great to see.

nobody beat me in Sheffield :wave: