Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Thorne "If Matthew can get out of this only 5-3 down, he will feel like he has won the session."

I said that a few posts back, and yeah think he is right the way Matt's been playing
Last edited by Andre147 on 03 May 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jojo

good match between carter and maguire carter trying to keep things tight and maguire going for everything

they both missing a lot and if it go to a decider then the fans are in for a treat because there will be misses left right and centre especially when they nearing the end

as for the ronnie match he barely out of second gear and already 5-2 up stevens has no belief whatsoever

Postby Skullman

This session is essentially void. There's no way both of them will be this bad tomorrow.

Ronnie's already had his 'bad session' of the tournament and he's come out of it 5-3/6-2 if Stevens messes up. A grudging :hatoff:

Postby jojo

easily ronnies worst session of the tournament yet he lead 5-3

however i can see ronnie winning tomorrows session 5-3 aswell and the saturday morning session 6-2 which mean he have to come back on saturday evening to win one more frame

Postby vodkadiet

kostasmad wrote:Crap snooker tonight...5-3 Ronnie and Stevens would be happy the way he played. Ronnie played crap as well....

I am sure both will play much better tomorrow.

If Stevens had played his best, he would still be 5-3 down as Rigsby would have upped his game. That is how much better Rigsby is than The Welsh Dragon.

I have a feeling Rigsby could fix the score in his favour. If he wants to win 17-12, he will.

Postby Andre147

kostasmad wrote:Crap snooker tonight...5-3 Ronnie and Stevens would be happy the way he played. Ronnie played crap as well....

Yeah they cant play much worse can they :john: :john: :john:

And like skullman rightly said, this has been Ronnie's first bad session, yet he still won it 5-3... I expect him to up his game tomorrow.. but I reckon Mattew will too, so it should be good session of snooker tomorrow

Postby Skullman

Just thinking last time Ronnie had a session that bad was in the semis in Newport and that was because of glandular fever. That takes absolutely ages to go away doesn't it?

Hope he's not suffering again. As much as I dislike Ronnie, I wouldn't want to lose because of illness.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:

If Stevens had played his best, he would still be 5-3 down as Rigsby would have upped his game. That is how much better Rigsby is than The Welsh Dragon.

I have a feeling Rigsby could fix the score in his favour. If he wants to win 17-12, he will.

Well said vodkadiet.. when Ronnie has been put under pressure in this tourney, namely by Robbo, he has responded well... if Matt played better, so would Ronnie.. and the scoreline would have been the same...

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:That was hard work this evening. Every frame went awkward with the pink and black out of comission and every split Ronnie attempted went wrong. Fortunately Ronnie normally plays his best snooker in the second session and he won the first session 5-3, so no need to be disappointed if you're a Ronnie fan.

6-2 would have been better, and he had a chance to do that. But cant complain much... if Matt hadnt missed that simple red to left center, he could even have leveled at 4 all... so yeah a 5-3 lead is a good one to have

he usually plays better in the 2nd session yeah.. let's hope he can remain that way

Postby PLtheRef

3 hours 25 minutes for eight frames of snooker. It did seem like a grate at different times,

Matthew can now get away with a 4-4 and from 7-9 you would give him a chance. Losing 5-3 tomorrow and though its only 10 - 6, but it's a long way back for Matthew from there.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
randam05 wrote:Wow, not often I dont enjoy snooker, but that was boring.

Yes it was hard work, no big nice fluent breaks, everything was awkward tonight.

Tomorrow is a different day :wave:

Yes very scrappy and poor standard tbh. There's a fine line between tension and players being crap.