Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby vodkadiet

O'Sullivan has always won his world titles without ever being in trouble in a match en route.

In 2004 he was 10-9 down to Hicks in the 2nd round, but he has never had to come from way down in match.

I am not sure what that means, just an observation.

Postby mantorok

The standard so far in this semi is expectedly poor, I don't like watching either of these players at the best of times but this is the WC semi final and they are playing like amateurs, give the crowd something please, and cheer up and enjoy it.

Ronnie must be laughing right now, he is light years ahead of everyone left in the tournament (at the moment anyway).

They need to step it up a gear, this is just boring.

Postby mantorok

...and what's up with Carter, giving this hard face look and staring down the table all the time, he's got to be the most negative player I've seen in a while, turning pots down and playing negative safetys.

I've got to say you can tell he hangs around Peter Ebdon, he's annoying as rubbish.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:...and what's up with Carter, giving this hard face look and staring down the table all the time, he's got to be the most negative player I've seen in a while, turning pots down and playing negative safetys.

I've got to say you can tell he hangs around Peter Ebdon, he's annoying as donkey doo

rofl rofl rofl

Postby vodkadiet

Muppet147 wrote:Wasn't he 5-0 down to Dott in the 2004 final? (I suppose that's not really en route.)

Yes, you're right. I don't really include that as it is such a long match and Dott was never going to win a world final against O'Sullivan, in his peak form. That was his peak year.

Postby Alex0paul

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I don't know what Carter is trying to do here. He refuses dozens of long pots and waits for easy chances. He's not gonna win the match this way.

He will if Maguire keeps getting frustrated and start lashing out at things