Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby randam05

Ronnie is playing an exhibition, should be good to see 17-7 maximum.

While maguire/carter will be a very high quality tense close encounter, with plenty of centuries and tights frames. 17-15 one way or the other for me.

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby Skullman

Alex0paul wrote:Its good that Maguire or Carter will only have one session to play on saturday giving them more chance in the final. O'Sullivan has never won a semi final on the final session on a saturday.


I think some people are getting a bit desperate looking for anti-Ronnie patterns. Not that mine was any better <laugh>

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby onlyevertonjon

Alex0paul wrote:Its good that Maguire or Carter will only have one session to play on saturday giving them more chance in the final. O'Sullivan has never won a semi final on the final session on a saturday.


Yeah but battering Hendry with a session to spare in 04 helps th
at.

Anyway I think Matthew has a decent chance. As does Maguire against Ronnie if they get to the final.

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby jojo

stevens v ronnie wont last until the final session if it does ronnie will probably only need one or two frames which mean the match will be finished long before eight o clock

i dont think maguire v carter will be a high quality match though and maguire start as strong favourite he had a full days rest some would say two days rest because his win against hendry was never in doubt after the first few frames he not used any mental energy

carter on the other hand has used up lots of mental energy and he not been as good as maguire has and maguire hasnt been at his best this tournament

it should be a maguire v ronnie final with maguire winning comfortably i said the semi final line up was going to be judd v maguire and stevens v ronnie with ronnie beating maguire in the final it highly likely im only one player off ie judd instead of carter

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby jojo

the reason it gone so quick is because this year there have barely been any close matches

think there have only been two deciding frames higgins and carter winning im not sure

lost count of the number of sessions where the losing player has been whitewashed or won only one frame ie 8-1 in the first round and either 8-0 or 7-1 after that

not the most exciting world championship ever by a long way im just hoping theres a decider between carter and maguire

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby Alex0paul

jojo wrote:the reason it gone so quick is because this year there have barely been any close matches

think there have only been two deciding frames higgins and carter winning im not sure

lost count of the number of sessions where the losing player has been whitewashed or won only one frame ie 8-1 in the first round and either 8-0 or 7-1 after that

not the most exciting world championship ever by a long way im just hoping theres a decider between carter and maguire


Day 10-9 against Ding too. It hasn't been the best championships but there is still time to change it

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby jojo

last years was one of the best ever in terms of excitement lots and lots of close matches judd was a breath of fresh air his match against ding in the semi was the best match i ever see but the whole tournament was tarnished by the winner

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby Skullman

jojo wrote:last years was one of the best ever in terms of excitement lots and lots of close matches judd was a breath of fresh air his match against ding in the semi was the best match i ever see but the whole tournament was tarnished by the winner


I disagree. Although it seems both championships I have seen, the winner was obvious from the semis.

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby Skullman

Alex0paul wrote:
jojo wrote:the reason it gone so quick is because this year there have barely been any close matches

think there have only been two deciding frames higgins and carter winning im not sure

lost count of the number of sessions where the losing player has been whitewashed or won only one frame ie 8-1 in the first round and either 8-0 or 7-1 after that

not the most exciting world championship ever by a long way im just hoping theres a decider between carter and maguire


Day 10-9 against Ding too. It hasn't been the best championships but there is still time to change it


Would a shock in the second semi change it? ;-)

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby Alex0paul

Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
jojo wrote:the reason it gone so quick is because this year there have barely been any close matches

think there have only been two deciding frames higgins and carter winning im not sure

lost count of the number of sessions where the losing player has been whitewashed or won only one frame ie 8-1 in the first round and either 8-0 or 7-1 after that

not the most exciting world championship ever by a long way im just hoping theres a decider between carter and maguire


Day 10-9 against Ding too. It hasn't been the best championships but there is still time to change it


Would a shock in the second semi change it? ;-)


If Maguire wins it would be a memorable tournament as I have been desperate for him to win for a while. Plus if Stevens were to lose another final it would create a bit of a stroyline.

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby Skullman

Alex0paul wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
jojo wrote:the reason it gone so quick is because this year there have barely been any close matches

think there have only been two deciding frames higgins and carter winning im not sure

lost count of the number of sessions where the losing player has been whitewashed or won only one frame ie 8-1 in the first round and either 8-0 or 7-1 after that

not the most exciting world championship ever by a long way im just hoping theres a decider between carter and maguire


Day 10-9 against Ding too. It hasn't been the best championships but there is still time to change it


Would a shock in the second semi change it? ;-)


If Maguire wins it would be a memorable tournament as I have been desperate for him to win for a while. Plus if Stevens were to lose another final it would create a bit of a stroyline.


Any loss or does it have 16-18 when was miles ahead like the other two?

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby Alex0paul

Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
jojo wrote:the reason it gone so quick is because this year there have barely been any close matches

think there have only been two deciding frames higgins and carter winning im not sure

lost count of the number of sessions where the losing player has been whitewashed or won only one frame ie 8-1 in the first round and either 8-0 or 7-1 after that

not the most exciting world championship ever by a long way im just hoping theres a decider between carter and maguire


Day 10-9 against Ding too. It hasn't been the best championships but there is still time to change it


Would a shock in the second semi change it? ;-)


If Maguire wins it would be a memorable tournament as I have been desperate for him to win for a while. Plus if Stevens were to lose another final it would create a bit of a stroyline.


Any loss or does it have 16-18 when was miles ahead like the other two?


That would be quite special

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby jojo

if stevens does beat ronnie he deserve the title full stop

robertson seem to think stevens will need a good start against ronnie to have any chance partly because ronnies tactical game is far better and partly because stevens not scoring as heavily as he was when he was at his fluent best at the turn of the millennium

two of the three remaining matches will be boring in terms of a spectacle with ronnie winning comfortably the worst thing that can happen is if one of maguire or carter win their semi comfortably

Re: World Championship (Thurs 3rd of May) S Final Disscusion

Postby Skullman

Alex0paul wrote:rubbish just remembered that O'Sullivan has a 2-0 record over Maguire at the Crucible <laugh> :gag:


These things can change. He also has 2-0 record over Robertson now, but if they met again you wouldn't immediately discount Neil.