Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Wed 2nd of May) Q Final Disscusion !

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Even though Ronnie hasnt won the title yet, I have to give credit to jojo here because he's been saying since probably February or March that Ronnie would win this year's Worlds, and now it is looking increasingly likely that he'll win it for a 4th time.

JOJO :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

The title's not his until he reaches 18 frames on Monday.

And did you read that part "Even though Ronnie hasnt won the title yet" :john: :john: :john: I know he hasnt won it until Monday comes, but I was just giving credit to jojo to actually predict that with so many tournaments still left in the calendar until the Worlds.

And let's be honest, the only one who could really upset him would be Mags... :john: :john: :john:

Although it would be very ironic if Stevens won his match against him :gag: :gag: :gag:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

jojo wrote:jimmy lost four against alex higgins steve davis terry griffiths and stephen hendry

ronnie has never been in decline and the danger is for those that hate seeing ronnie win is theres only three players who he may start underdog against and they are higgins selby and trump and im not even sure about trump because ronnie is able to tie him up tactically and he beat him the last time they play

he own most of his peers ie maguire murphy carter day williams lee stevens they pretty much all beat before they play him and these are the players ronnie will come up against

ronnie is the only player capable of beating hendrys world championship record higgins wont his game uses up far too much energy of the two higgins is in decline he won this title last year with his d game and huge slices of luck in critical moments in three of those matches

ronnie not in decline he can win tournaments for another ten years at least it just depend if he want it bad enough his tactical game is as good as anyones when he need to use it and his breakbuilding is as good as its ever been his long potting has come back

i laugh at those who think he in decline

:hatoff:

This is music to my ears

Postby jojo

well i been watching snooker since 1985 when i was four and some things you just know

saying way back in february during the german open ronnie was going to win the worlds was a bit bold but the odds were stacked in his favour he was on his way to winning in germany meaning his confidence was going to return

he also not burnt out because he rarely been playin so come into this tournament fresh and if he did come up against either selby or higgins those were the two danger men for him

however higgins not been anywhere near as good this year he the player in decline plus add into the equation he due some luck against higgins when you think what happen last year so really it was only selby who may have stopped him and possibly judd

so of the thirty one other players when theres only two or three players who may stop you from winning and you only likely to play one of them youll always have a chance of winning

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
jojo wrote:jimmy lost four against alex higgins steve davis terry griffiths and stephen hendry

ronnie has never been in decline and the danger is for those that hate seeing ronnie win is theres only three players who he may start underdog against and they are higgins selby and trump and im not even sure about trump because ronnie is able to tie him up tactically and he beat him the last time they play

he own most of his peers ie maguire murphy carter day williams lee stevens they pretty much all beat before they play him and these are the players ronnie will come up against

ronnie is the only player capable of beating hendrys world championship record higgins wont his game uses up far too much energy of the two higgins is in decline he won this title last year with his d game and huge slices of luck in critical moments in three of those matches

ronnie not in decline he can win tournaments for another ten years at least it just depend if he want it bad enough his tactical game is as good as anyones when he need to use it and his breakbuilding is as good as its ever been his long potting has come back

i laugh at those who think he in decline

:hatoff:

This is music to my ears

<ok> <ok> <ok> :D :D :D :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Postby jojo

that my point he has a lot of players who have scars against him meaning he almost win before the match starts

two or three dont ie selby trump and higgins maybe robertson and ronnie wont have to play all of them when winning a tournament maybe two of them at most and even then he not guaranteed to lose against them just that they wont buckle and let him have it all his own way like some of the others

Postby Skullman

jojo wrote:that my point he has a lot of players who have scars against him meaning he almost win before the match starts

two or three dont ie selby trump and higgins maybe robertson and ronnie wont have to play all of them when winning a tournament maybe two of them at most and even then he not guaranteed to lose against them just that they wont buckle and let him have it all his own way like some of the others

I'd say that Selby, Higgins, Judd, Robbo and Allen don't have scars. Maybe Murphy, but his shot selection isn't good enough and he tries to outgun Ronnie (I don't think that has worked so far <laugh> ). Possibly Dott as well. Of course not all these have the game to beat Ronnie consistently.

Postby Alex0paul

Skullman wrote:
jojo wrote:that my point he has a lot of players who have scars against him meaning he almost win before the match starts

I'd say that Selby, Higgins, Judd, Robbo and Allen don't have scars. Maybe Murphy, but his shot selection isn't good enough and he tries to outgun Ronnie (I don't think that has worked so far <laugh> ). Possibly Dott as well. Of course not all these have the game to beat Ronnie consistently.

Murphy has only beaten O'Sullivan once after O'Sullivan decided to run a marathon the day of the match

Postby Skullman

Alex0paul wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Murphy has only beaten O'Sullivan once after O'Sullivan decided to run a marathon the day of the match

I said Murphy didn't have scars. I didn't say that he could beat Ronnie. His problem is different to a battle scar.

Postby jojo

murphy tries to out do ronnie at his own game that why he always lose against him and dott not really been threatening in business end of the tournaments recently that why it unlikely he will come up against ronnie

as for allen possibly but the only time i can remember him beating ronnie was here in 2009 dont think these two have played that many times against each other to be honest

Postby Alex0paul

jojo wrote:murphy tries to out do ronnie at his own game that why he always lose against him and dott not really been threatening in business end of the tournaments recently that why it unlikely he will come up against ronnie

as for allen possibly but the only time i can remember him beating ronnie was here in 2009 dont think these two have played that many times against each other to be honest

Beat him at the 2011 Masters too

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Alex0paul wrote:
jojo wrote:murphy tries to out do ronnie at his own game that why he always lose against him and dott not really been threatening in business end of the tournaments recently that why it unlikely he will come up against ronnie

Beat him at the 2011 Masters too

That was the time he didn't really care and try. He lost to Bingham and Day in other tournaments in the first round for example.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Murphy career is very disappointing since his breakthrough. He won 3 ranking tournaments after becoming a surprise World Champion in 2005. Malta Cup 2007, UK 2008 and PTC finals in 2011. That's 3 titles in 7 years, not very impressive for the so called future of snooker at the time and we all know what happens once he plays a world class player in the latter stages of a tournament.

He never beat Ronnie in a ranking event, his game is just too one dimensional. He can pot incredible long pots on his day but there are other players like Robbo or Trump who are even better in that department and are better break builders and safety players.

I can't see Murphy win another world title.

Dott isn't looking good this season, I have seen nothing convincing from him for a long time now. I think his game is in clear decline, his 10-1 loss to a medicore Perry was shocking. I can see him dropping out of the top 16 next year.

Postby jojo

ronnie was disgusting against bingham in the uk that year it was pure dirt he did everything he could to lose that match in the second session even then bingham needed a few chances each frame because he himself was bamboozled by what he was seeing

thankfully it look like ronnie is keeping his head together im not sure if he seeing the doctor but it look like it doing him good because he been very measured this season and not been doing anything silly or saying anything silly

Postby Snooker Overdrive

jojo wrote:ronnie was disgusting against bingham in the uk that year it was pure dirt he did everything he could to lose that match in the second session even then bingham needed a few chances each frame because he himself was bamboozled by what he was seeing

thankfully it look like ronnie is keeping his head together im not sure if he seeing the doctor but it look like it doing him good because he been very measured this season and not been doing anything silly or saying anything silly

Dr Peters consulted him for more than a year now (he seeked his help just before the 2011 WC). That guy is a genius :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:One funny thing nobody seemed to notice:

when the players walked out today Rob Walker said about Robertson: "World Champion here 2 years, a winner of the China Open, ..." and Neil looked very confused for a second because he obviously never won the China Open.

rofl

rofl rofl

The BBC shows it's expert opinion again. <doh>