Topic locked

EBBO KISS EXPLAINED

Postby Smart

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpres ... 849884391A

I was watching the interview with Carter (by Rob W) after he had won a dramatic decider against BJ and a strange thing happened, Peter Ebdon planted a huge smacker on his forehead.

I instantly thought:

1. Ebbo has a big bet on Carter to beat BJ.

2. Ebbo just dislikes BJ like 50% of the snooker world do.

I hold my hand up and say I was wrong. Ebbo is simply mentoring Carter. He's in his corner. <ok>

Re: EBBO KISS EXPLAINED

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jr0a0gUVlYYK6yIccJ69KLYO8y-A?docId=N0012101335849884391A

I was watching the interview with Carter (by Rob W) after he had won a dramatic decider against BJ and a strange thing happened, Peter Ebdon planted a huge smacker on his forehead.

I instantly thought:

I hold my hand up and say I was wrong. Ebbo is simply mentoring Carter. He's in his corner. <ok>

rofl rofl rofl

Smart, check out that link I posted in your Ali Carter clapping thread.

Judd was moaning about the clapping, and about Ebdon being in the crowd. As if it was all aimed against him.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jr0a0gUVlYYK6yIccJ69KLYO8y-A?docId=N0012101335849884391A

I instantly thought:

rofl rofl rofl

Judd was moaning about the clapping, and about Ebdon being in the crowd. As if it was all aimed against him.

rofl :chuckle: rofl :chuckle:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

I instantly thought:

rofl rofl rofl

to be honest judd was not moaning he had leading questions from journos whitch he answered what else could he do really just answer the questions best he can.

We all know judd had some luck but the way carter was going on about it he was placing Judd somewhere between the Yorkshire Ripper and George from Rainbow it was a contradicting sort of interview one moment hes the best thing for snooker next thing hes a lucky bastard.

in my opinion Judd interview was more measured and did not do the slagging apart from when journos encouraged him to do so unlike Ali who was like a broken record.

Postby Smart

I have never thought he was the best thing for snooker, not once. I dont give a stuff what they say in interview - but I agree with Carter that BJ shows little or no etiquette when he is getting the sort of running that is at worst ridiculous. He is the ultimate basher, just this time his luck could not get him over the line. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:to be honest judd was not moaning he had leading questions from journos whitch he answered what else could he do really just answer the questions best he can.

We all know judd had some luck but the way carter was going on about it he was placing Judd somewhere between the Yorkshire Ripper and George from Rainbow it was a contradicting sort of interview one moment hes the best thing for snooker next thing hes a lucky bastard.

in my opinion Judd interview was more measured and did not do the slagging apart from when journos encouraged him to do so unlike Ali who was like a broken record.

The journalists do seem to want Judd to live up to this cocky youngster image, for some reason. At the same time, Judd doesn't seem in any way bothered that the press keep promoting him this way.

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:the 2 classiest acts in the modern snooker world

Is the second one that grey haired bloke in white. Can't see him past that ugly guy in the red shirt ;-)

Postby Witz78

Rocket_ron wrote:wiyz are you still unemployed?

no sadly not

even my funds couldnt keep my lavish lifestyle going forever

onwards and upwards

Blackpool
Newcastle
Philadelphia
Miami
Orlando
Tampa
New York
London
Sheffield

next stop on the 2012 world tour is Magaluf in 2 weeks :hyper: :hyper:

Postby Roland

Actually Judd conducted himself very well, the grumbling Carter did about Judd's run of the ball was toys in pram stuff and could've been predicted before the match even began. The sarcastic applause got right on my wick. To be fair from where I was sitting Judd's body was in the way of the shot, I wondered what he was going for then the white came back and tucked in behind the yellow and brown. I thought "What a shot" so I clapped with everyone else. If you think back to a couple of shots previous, Judd in a position of having to hit a red or be docked the frame knocked in one of the best pots I've ever seen. If he got a bit of form on the snooker a couple of shots later then fair play.

In that last session it's fair to say Carter got 80% of all the form. I know Judd got away with a few things in the previous session but Carter got most of the running in the last session, no doubt about it.

To single out Judd and say he's lucky and is a basher is complete bull. Judd as a kid timed the ball beautifully, as he's got older he's learnt how to time the ball perfectly at pace which means he's got shots in his armoury other professionals can only dream about. The fact he hits the balls hard doesn't make him a basher because if you slowed down those shots you would see perfect timing.

Judd is a breath of fresh air for the game of snooker.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:

no sadly not

onwards and upwards

Blackpool
Newcastle
Philadelphia
Miami
Orlando
Tampa
New York
London
Sheffield

you not going to Benidorm this year then :limp:

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

no sadly not

onwards and upwards

Blackpool
Newcastle
Philadelphia
Miami
Orlando
Tampa
New York
London
Sheffield

you not going to Benidorm this year then :limp:

end of Septemeber mate :limp:

have to get my annual fix of Sticky Vicky :stir:

Postby jojo

judd was saying he finding it a bit strange ebdons in carters corner i find it a bit strange aswell because ebdon is still competing but they are quite an odd partnersip i must say

Postby Witz78

jojo wrote:judd was saying he finding it a bit strange ebdons in carters corner i find it a bit strange aswell because ebdon is still competing but they are quite an odd partnersip i must say

So long as there happy together thats the main thing :limp:

Postby DavieMac

jojo wrote:judd was saying he finding it a bit strange ebdons in carters corner i find it a bit strange aswell because ebdon is still competing but they are quite an odd partnersip i must say

Strange indeed. Wonder how Ebbo would react seeing a fellow pro sitting in his oppo's corner when losing at the WC.

Mind you, it didnt bother me when he beat Judd :baby:

Postby sundaygirl

I have no actual facts to base this on but I would imagine Peter recommended the vegan lifestyle to help Carter with his chron's disease (we all know how evangelical vegans can be) and his infuence developed from there.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:I have no actual facts to base this on but I would imagine Peter recommended the vegan lifestyle to help Carter with his chron's disease (we all know how evangelical vegans can be) and his infuence developed from there.

As oppose to vegetarians. <laugh>

Postby sundaygirl

Witz78 wrote:the 2 classiest acts in the modern snooker world

Witz when you met him did he try and tempt you with a nut roast or a tofu wrap?