Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Tuesday 1st of May) Q Final Disscusi

Postby daraghj82

roy142857 wrote:
Casey wrote:I don't think anybody thought Hendry would win the tournament. He has already done his bit with the max and beating Higgins.

Thought he'd be much more in the match than that.

Still time ...

time appears to be running out fast , he has to win the next session 3-1 which doesn't look likely if he has to a realistic chance of winning

Postby SnookerFan

daraghj82 wrote:
roy142857 wrote:
Casey wrote:I don't think anybody thought Hendry would win the tournament. He has already done his bit with the max and beating Higgins.

Thought he'd be much more in the match than that.

Still time ...

time appears to be running out fast , he has to win the next session 3-1 which doesn't look likely if he has to a realistic chance of winning

Is that match on again this evening? How possible is it that the second session will be the final one?

Postby Smart

Trump led 9-7 after Sunday's second session, which led to a short exchange on Twitter, sparked by Carter posting "Luck Trump".

And at 12-10 down on Monday, Carter clapped sarcastically after what he deemed to be another stroke of luck for his rival.

The 22-year-old Trump responded, suggesting some of his fellow pros are jealous of his success.

He said: "A lot of players enjoy me losing. I don't know why, I'm not a bad person, I don't have any beef with anyone.

"I haven't got a clue [why Carter clapped sarcastically]. I'm still a lot younger than him and have done a lot better, so let's just let the snooker do the talking.

"If he wants to do that, then it's up to him, but he's 30-odd years old and it's a bit childish."

Carter, 32, said: "He had three or four lashes in the last frame, like he'd been doing in the whole match, and got away with it.

"I don't think he realises how much luck he gets, how much he gets away with.

"You cannot keep potting balls like that and if he carries on going for them, he will be getting beat.

"I've been on too many wrong ends of matches like that and now he can feel what it feels like to have a nasty scar in his career. It's not easy to get over.

"He's a great player, has achieved more than me in the game already. He's great for the game, he's like a young Ronnie [O'Sullivan] really.

"But he's got to develop a little bit more of a personality, start slagging a few people off, and then people will love him even more I suppose."

O'Sullivan said the criticism could motivate Trump.

"Winners enjoy that challenge and find a way of proving their critics wrong. I think Judd will be inspired by that. He's young, he's got time on his side and we all know how great a player he is," he said.
rofl rofl

Postby Casey

Hendry would have stood a much better chance if the media, commentators stopped hyping him up and putting pressure on him.
They didn’t do it with Davis two years ago and they shouldn’t have done it to Hendry this year.
Regardless of what happens, we won’t lose what Stephen achieved in this tournament. I also have an inkling this could be his last match as a pro.....

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Casey wrote:Hendry would have stood a much better chance if the media, commentators stopped hyping him up and putting pressure on him.
They didn’t do it with Davis two years ago and they shouldn’t have done it to Hendry this year.
Regardless of what happens, we won’t lose what Stephen achieved in this tournament. I also have an inkling this could be his last match as a pro.....

I didn't knew Hendry couldn't handle pressure :chin:

Also I don't think Hendry wants this to be his last match he ever played as a pro.

Postby vodkadiet

The Crucible final 2012 has changed its date and amount of frames:

Table 2: Best of 25 frames

Tuesday May 1: 2.30pm (8 frames); Wednesday May 2: 2.30pm (8 frames); 7.30pm (9 frames)

Please don't be distracted by the noise on Table 1, it isn't relevant.

Postby daraghj82

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:Hendry would have stood a much better chance if the media, commentators stopped hyping him up and putting pressure on him.

I didn't knew Hendry couldn't handle pressure :chin:

Also I don't think Hendry wants this to be his last match he ever played as a pro.

stephen done really well to get the qf but it seems a step too far today against maguire

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:This is probably the easiest world quarter final match Maguire ever played.

Yeah, if Hendry doesn't win the next 3 frames can't see him coming back...

Marmite play from Hendry... that missed pink to reduce to 2-1 was just <doh> <doh> <doh> think it has affected Stephen since that frame that he REALLY should have won... How could he miss that <doh> <doh> <doh>