Topic locked

World Championship (Tuesday 1st of May) Q Final Disscusion !

Postby Wildey

Saturday 21st of April- Monday 7th of May at the Crucible Theatre,Sheffield

Tuesday 1st of May

10am

Stephen Hendry v Stephen Maguire
Ryan Day v Matthew Stevens

2.30pm

Jamie Jones v Ali Carter
Neil Robertson v Ronnie O'Sullivan

7pm

Stephen Hendry v Stephen Maguire
Ryan Day v Matthew Stevens

on this date in 1989 Steve Davis Beats John Parrott 18-3 to win his 6th World Title

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: World Championship (Tuesday 1st of May) Q Final Disscusi

Postby Andre147

So, the Quarter Finals start tomorrow...

Hendry v Mags and Day v Stevens in the opening session...

Will pay more attention to the match between the two Stephen's, but will also keep a close eye on the other one as I always do.

Definately not the quarter-finals lineups everyone was expecting, but still we should have plenty of good and exciting matches.

Cant wait for Robbo and Ronnie.. :-)
Last edited by Andre147 on 30 Apr 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Carter v Jones is too close to call

For me, probably the easiest one is Hendry and Stephen, although even in that one there could be an upset.

Day and Stevens also very difficult, and Ronnie v Robbo not that easy too

Postby The Cueist

Andre147 wrote:

For me, probably the easiest one is Hendry and Stephen, although even in that one there could be an upset.

Is the predictions comp causing these "Sitting on the fence" comments? ;-)

Postby PLtheRef

Wild wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
on this date in 1989 Steve Davis Beats John Parrott 13-3 to win his 6th World Title

Bit of a short final

a typo

now corrected

You could have had that for today as Steve did take a 13-3 lead over JP into the Monday.

Postby The Cueist

The Cueist wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Oh! well i must be onto something. :chin:

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yeah probably because of that.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Selby, Higgins and Trump are all out - Robertson is the one player remaining capable of beating Ronnie in a big match.

I have to admit: I badly want Ronnie to beat Robbo. This is the one super tough match he just has to win somehow.

He should have beaten Higgins last year but he wasn't really match fit and missed a lot of simple chances, he should have beaten Selby in 2010 but he let it slip away in the final session.

But this year Ronnie is stronger than in 2010 or 2011, maybe even stronger than in 2008.

Come on Ronnie, just one more match and you're nearly there!!!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Selby, Higgins and Trump are all out - Robertson is the one player remaining capable of beating Ronnie in a big match.

I have to admit: I badly want Ronnie to beat Robbo. This is the one super tough match he just has to win somehow.

He should have beaten Higgins last year but he wasn't really match fit and missed a lot of simple chances, he should have beaten Selby in 2010 but he let it slip away in the final session.

But this year Ronnie is stronger than in 2010 or 2011, maybe even stronger than in 2008.

Come on Ronnie, just one more match and you're nearly there!!!

Yeah, maybe this is Ronnie's best chance to win another World Title in his career, if he lets this one slip away,i reckon he won't win it again....

I wonder what you would do if Ronnie lost in the semis against Day or Stevens :john: :john: :john:
Last edited by Andre147 on 30 Apr 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

By the way Ronnie overtook Walden and Gould by winning his match today and is now ranked No. 13.

O'Sullivan collected 31.360 points this season even though he skipped Australia, the World Open and the PTC Grand Final.

John Higgins for example collected "only" 32.000 last season even though he won the WC, the UK and the Welsh Open.

Postby Andre147

simplysnooker wrote:Really looking forward to Robertson/Ronnie, the two who have played the best in the tournament (maybe Hendry, but he did have a lot of help from Higgins). Match of the tournament.

Definately, in terms of drama and excitment, the best so far has been Carter v Trump by a country mile, but even if Ronnie and Robbo doesn't reach that level of drama, I think performance and breakbuilding wise it will be the best.

If both are on top of their capabilities, the high breaks could be flying around.. so it should be a cracker... Cant wait for it :-D :-D :-D

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:By the way Ronnie overtook Walden and Gould by winning his match today and is now ranked No. 13.

O'Sullivan collected 31.360 points this season even though he skipped Australia, the World Open and the PTC Grand Final.

John Higgins for example collected "only" 32.000 last season even though he won the WC, the UK and the Welsh Open.

Don't forget he only started to play in late November

Postby Alex0paul

Higgins' ranking next season is going to be very weird as he will naturally go up with no points to defend but with loads to defend after the first cut off he could be in danger of dropping right out of the 16.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Yeah, maybe this is Ronnie's best chance to win another World Title in his career, if he lets this one slip away,i reckon he won't win it again....

Thank you for these calming words rofl That takes off a lot of pressure

Andre147 wrote:I wonder what you would do if Ronnie lost in the semis against Day or Stevens :john: :john: :john:

I wouldn't be very pleased rofl

Postby Skullman

I suddenly have a really bad feeling about this match. We're all expecting it to be really close and so far all the the matches we've been expecting to be close haven't. And somehow I can't see Robbo running away with it...

Postby Andre147

simplysnooker wrote:Not trying to give it the barry or anything, but I do think it will be surpass the carter/trump match, which was phenomenal, definitely giving that another watch after exams

Maybe, we'll just have to wait and see

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:I suddenly have a really bad feeling about this match. We're all expecting it to be really close and so far all the the matches we've been expecting to be close haven't. And somehow I can't see Robbo running away with it...

But I can't see Ronnie running away with it either, so I'm almost certain it will be close this one, despiste all that has happened in this year's tournament.