Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Tuesday 1st of May) Q Final Disscusi

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:This must be a real tough day for Hendry fans.

First Maguire hammers Hendry and after that he retires. It doesn't get any worse than that for a fan.

Wait until the day Ronnie gets hammered and then definately retires :john: :john: :john: :john:

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Andre147 wrote:

First Maguire hammers Hendry and after that he retires. It doesn't get any worse than that for a fan.

Wait until the day Ronnie gets hammered and then definately retires :john: :john: :john: :john:

I think when Peter Ebdon retires there will be a sadder reaction.

Postby Casey

Not really and that's been very honest. Hendry had exceeded expectations for all his fans with the run to QF's and the max. It would have been nice to see him in the one table set up for a last time but it wasn't to be.

I think all fans will think about the good times which will include some aspects from this tournament.

Postby Skullman

nice_shoes_ken wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I think when Peter Ebdon retires there will be a sadder reaction.

When Ronnie retires there's always Trump to take his place. But Ebdon's the last of the old school grinder type players.

Postby Alex0paul

Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Fifth whitewash session at this year's championship

When were the other four? :?

Perry won 2-0 against Dott, Day won 4-0 against Cao, Hawkins won 4-0 against Selby and Hendry won 1-0 against Higgins

Postby PLtheRef

You including Perry's 2-0 one over Dott to win 10-1 in those other four? and Hendry's 1-0 over Higgins on Saturday.

Postby Skullman

Alex0paul wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Perry won 2-0 against Dott, Day won 4-0 against Cao, Hawkins won 4-0 against Selby and Hendry won 1-0 against Higgins

Ahh didn't consider those. Still the only 8-0 session so far.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Skullman wrote:

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:

That's a good point. I really hope Ronnie will retire after winning a tournament because I wouldn't like it to end like Hendry's career. But Ronnie has a couple of years left in him, trust me.

Postby Casey

Well for me as a fan I would have snapped off your hand for what Hendry done this week as a last tournament. Sure I didn't want him getting a hammering but to beat Higgins the first time they met at the Crucible and to make a max....well it doesn't get any better for Hendo at this stage of his career.

I just knew his last tournament would hold something for him.