Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Sun 29th of April) Last 16 Disscusio

Postby Skullman

Alex0paul wrote:Hawkins has lost three Crucible deciders already but has won one

2007 O'Brien 10-9 Hawkins
2008 Carter 10-9 Hawkins
2011 Hawkins 10-9 Maguire
2011 Allen 13-12 Hawkins

Stevens has exactly the same record in deciders winning one, losing three

2002 Ebdon 17-16 Stevens
2004 Stevens 13-12 Hunter
2007 Murphy 13-12 Stevens
2011 Allen 10-9 Stevens

Yeah but looking at Stevens's record he tends to lose in the latter stages of the event, so you have to go with him.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Alex0paul wrote:Hawkins has lost three Crucible deciders already but has won one

2007 O'Brien 10-9 Hawkins
2008 Carter 10-9 Hawkins
2011 Hawkins 10-9 Maguire
2011 Allen 13-12 Hawkins

Stevens has exactly the same record in deciders winning one, losing three

2002 Ebdon 17-16 Stevens
2004 Stevens 13-12 Hunter
2007 Murphy 13-12 Stevens
2011 Allen 10-9 Stevens

Not very convincing by either player. A decider would be very interesting.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Witz78 wrote:
nice_shoes_ken wrote:Just back from the Crucible, absolutely wacked.

Cracking afternoon session, Trump and Ronnie were on top of their games really good to witness and watch, nice to have century's aswell because the atmosphere on a weekend when a century is hit is fantastic.

Also Cj De Mooi ,made a pass at me on the stairs...legend.

:limp:

I enjoyed every minute of it witz, winked and licked his lips at me and everything :lov: :limp:

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:
randam05 wrote:Stevens = very big bottler... no doubt about it! Many of his lost matches are in deciders.

He does win some though,He is not the luckiest of blokes either,I have always liked him.
A genuine soul.

<ok> <ok> <ok>

Not wanting to sound like a certain commentator, but he is definately one of the nicest guys on the snooker circuit.

A very humble man he is... and with all his amazing talent, and underachiever in the game as Ronnie, for instance, as often rightly said.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
The Cueist wrote:
randam05 wrote:Stevens = very big bottler... no doubt about it! Many of his lost matches are in deciders.

He does win some though,He is not the luckiest of blokes either,I have always liked him.
A genuine soul.

<ok> <ok> <ok>

Not wanting to sound like a certain commentator, but he is definately one of the nicest guys on the snooker circuit.

A very humble man he is... and with all his amazing talent, and underachiever in the game as Ronnie, for instance, as often rightly said.

Everyone in snooker is an underachiever, expect Dott of course.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
The Cueist wrote:

A genuine soul.

<ok> <ok> <ok>

Hendry?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
The Cueist wrote:

A genuine soul.

<ok> <ok> <ok>

Hendry?

yes in his second career half, only 1 major after 1997

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:17 before in the decade before. I think he got enough then that he shouldn't be considered an underachiever.

Hendry is of course not an underachiever if you count titles but his second career half is a bitter disappointment by his standards.

Compared to the first half, every other player on tour's career is poor. :shrug:

Postby Sickpotter

Andre147 wrote:
The Cueist wrote:

A genuine soul.

<ok> <ok> <ok>

That in itself has been a contributor to his lack of success. It may be difficult to watch but there's a certain arrogance required to win a lot at this game. All about self confidence at the top level.

Postby Andre147

Sickpotter wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
The Cueist wrote:

A genuine soul.

<ok> <ok> <ok>

That in itself has been a contributor to his lack of success. It may be difficult to watch but there's a certain arrogance required to win a lot at this game. All about self confidence at the top level.

That's right, because those who tend not to take defeat so easily are generally the ones who have sucess in the game. like Hendry and Ronnie for instance.