Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Sat 28th of April) Last 16 Disscusio

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:i always think at some point Williams Will turn up vs Ronnie and he never does but at some point i think the tide will turn so why not this week.

I think Williams needed at least 1 win over him in the last 2 matches they played recently. That would have given him confidence but after Ronnie won these encoutners also convincingly, I can't see Williams turn the tide at the Crucible.

Postby jojo

williams will do well to get double figures against ronnie i think it will be something like 13-7 ronnie winning comfortably

during the german masters i been saying ronnie will win the world championship this year and his only obstacle before he reach the final is neil robertson that match will be fifty fifty hard to call

just looking at the quarter final draw it a dead certainty robertson or ronnie will easily reach the final from the bottom half and either trump or maguire from the top half

hendry v maguire

jones or higginson v carter or trump

robertson v williams or o sullivan

day or yupeng v stevens or hawkins

in fact i think it going to be a ronnie v maguire final i think maguire will shock judd in the semis but get torn apart by ronnie in the final

ronnies final is his quarter final match against robertson which will be tough but other than that he would have hand picked a second round match against williams and semi final against either day or stevens

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Wild wrote:i always think at some point Williams Will turn up vs Ronnie and he never does but at some point i think the tide will turn so why not this week.

Won't happen. MJW hasn't turned up vs anyone since Shanghai, nevermind Ronnie.

But it could start with Ronnie.. although I'm almost certain it won't...

let's just hope Williams can make a good fight and not get hammered by Ronnie

Postby jojo

so many shocks almost making the tournament look stupid i just hope there arent many matches where one player wins comfortably but unfortunately looking at some of the players who have made it through this far i can see quite a lot of that happening

the semi final from the bottom half will be one way traffic as will the final if all go according to plan

in the first semi i can see maguire beating judd by three or four frames judd not quite been at his best but hell have enough to beat carter then that joker higginson if he get past jones and i cant see hendry troubling maguire to be honest

Postby jojo

no it would be good for ronnie to hammer williams robertson already in the quarter finals he has three clear days rest it would be good for ronnie to conserve energy

i know his match finishes on sunday but even so beat them as comfortably as you can

Postby Andre147

jojo wrote:no it would be good for ronnie to hammer williams robertson already in the quarter finals he has three clear days rest it would be good for ronnie to conserve energy

i know his match finishes on sunday but even so beat them as comfortably as you can

Actually jojo it finishes on Monday evening starting at 7 p.m.. so yeah getting a win comfortably for Ronnie would only do him good... He actually plays everyday from now on if he can't beat an opponent with a session to spare.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Ryan Day was showing signs of tightening up earlier, if Cao can find his game that he had against Allen then I can see him turning the match on its head.

thats the thing he let the situation of playing a last 16 get to him Day was there for the taking had he played natrually

Postby Roland

It was bizarre though because Day was alright in the first 4 frames, it was only after the interval he looked nervy. Sometimes when you can sense your opponent is for the taking the urgency puts pressure on your own game.

Re: World Championship (Fri 27th of April) Last 16 Disscusio

Postby snooky147

Alex0paul wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I would have loved to see Dott play Higgins tonight ...

They'd still be playing the opening frame now

Probably, I'm at a loss as to Graeme's performance. After watching him in practice on the friday before he went down he never missed a ball. Just cannot get my head around it.

Re: World Championship (Fri 27th of April) Last 16 Disscusio

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I would have loved to see Dott play Higgins tonight ...

They'd still be playing the opening frame now

Probably, I'm at a loss as to Graeme's performance. After watching him in practice on the friday before he went down he never missed a ball. Just cannot get my head around it.

sometimes you cant explain why someone plays well and wins and why someone didnt its just snooker im sure its happens a lot to club players sometimes you pot balls sometime you dont without explination its just a shock when it happens to a pro.

Postby DavieMac

Dire stuff between Honest John and Hendo last night. I was quite satisfied with what I saw. Mags should see Hendo off and he will... I think.

It'd be funny if MJW put out Ronald as a few bellends would go into hiding. Not that it will happen though.

Postby Wildey

DavieMac wrote:Dire stuff between Honest John and Hendo last night. I was quite satisfied with what I saw. Mags should see Hendo off and he will... I think.

dont count your chickens Hendry played as well as he had to in that match if Maguire plays to a good standard Hendry will Match him thats the secret of being world champion not play Brilliantly when theres no need to.

Postby kriss

I think any player would have struggled to play their best, and play the correct shots, when their opponent was playing that dreadfully. You cant blame Hendry for take a few liberties when Higgins kept missing.

I think its easy to be hard on Hendry though because many of us associate him as being the best the games ever seem. Ive seen Maguire miss a lot. Trump was rubbish. Williams was worse.

I think Hendry has a good chance this year. His tournament pot success is maybe only second to Robertson.

Postby Wildey

kriss wrote:I think any player would have struggled to play their best, and play the correct shots, when their opponent was playing that dreadfully. You cant blame Hendry for take a few liberties when Higgins kept missing.

I think its easy to be hard on Hendry though because many of us associate him as being the best the games ever seem. Ive seen Maguire miss a lot. Trump was rubbish. Williams was worse.

I think Hendry has a good chance this year. His tournament pot success is maybe only second to Robertson.

yes if Maguire looked at that match rubbing his hands then hes not very bright.

Postby Skullman

DavieMac wrote:Dire stuff between Honest John and Hendo last night. I was quite satisfied with what I saw. Mags should see Hendo off and he will... I think.

It'd be funny if MJW put out Ronald as a few bellends would go into hiding. Not that it will happen though.

Let's see. His long potting was awful yesterday, so that has to improve (Mags that is). Plus Maguire hasn't really been tested yet, and might not be able to cope with Hendry if he plays too well.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:

Let's see. His long potting was awful yesterday, so that has to improve (Mags that is). Plus Maguire hasn't really been tested yet, and might not be able to cope with Hendry if he plays too well.

did not see any of the mags game yesterday but ill look this morning see what the fuss is all about.

Postby vodkadiet

I am expecting Williams to beat O'Sullivan this time. No one expects him to win and O'Sullivan has often crumbled at Sheffield. Williams is well overdue a decent performance against his nemesis, I reckon this will be it.

Bookmark this comment.

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:
Skullman wrote:

did not see any of the mags game yesterday but ill look this morning see what the fuss is all about.

He was really good amongst the balls, but his long pots werea bit off and Perry helped him a bit by missing balls.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Why does Rob Walker always call Mags one of the nicest players on the tour. He isn't. Mags is a douche.

Mags should be more gentlemanly. Like Perry. :bowdown:

yup rather stupid and ruining mags reputation rofl rofl

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:Why does Rob Walker always call Mags one of the nicest players on the tour. He isn't. Mags is a douche.

Mags should be more gentlemanly. Like Perry. :bowdown:

How is he a douche? He just seems to have a temper problem but seems like a reasonable bloke. Kind of like Wild.

Postby Alpha

Think people have moved O'Sullivan into the quarter finals way too soon. Yes Williams hasn't beaten O'Sullivan in 1o years, he's barely beaten anyone since Shanghai. But this is the Crucible, and for anyone who hasn't noticed, form goes completely out of the window when you get to the Crucible, Williams is a two time champion there. This result is not cut and dried.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wild wrote:
Skullman wrote:

He was really good amongst the balls, but his long pots werea bit off and Perry helped him a bit by missing balls.

yes but thats to be expected at this level and hendry expected that with Higgins and did not come so his own consentration went to pot.