Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Fri 27th of April) Last 16 Disscusio

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Casey wrote:So the new 'International challenge' was announced £125k first prize - the exact same as the UK going forward.

Only thing is it's best of 9 - so thats 5 best of 9's in China....

With all the best of 9 around, it just reminds us that there's nothing like the World Championship with multiple session snooker.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:So the new 'International challenge' was announced £125k first prize - the exact same as the UK going forward.

With all the best of 9 around, it just reminds us that there's nothing like the World Championship with multiple session snooker.

:spot on: :hatoff: :spot on: :hatoff:

but the way things are going, if though Bazza says otherwise... one day the Worlds will have it's format shortned too.. like best of 11s UK... if that unthinkable thing happens one day, I'll quit watching this sport...

Just hope the Worlds remain as it is for ever and ever.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

:spot on: :hatoff: :spot on: :hatoff:

but the way things are going, if though Bazza says otherwise... one day the Worlds will have it's format shortned too.. like best of 11s UK... if that unthinkable thing happens one day, I'll quit watching this sport...

Just hope the Worlds remain as it is for ever and ever.

Yeah. I don't where Hearn got the idea that short frame matches are more popular. Everyone seems to prefer the UK when it was longer and enjoy the Worlds more than anything else on the snooker calender.