Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Fri 27th of April) Last 16 Disscusio

Postby daraghj82

gallantrabbit wrote:Hendry looked in the best frame of mind for many a moon. He could well take Higgins. I wouldn't fancy Hendry against Ronnie, Trump or Robbo but the rest he could really surprise. Terrific to see from the master.
Gilbert could have folded secveral times against Robbo, who looks very solid, but all credit to him that he hasn't. Great for him to win the last. Of course Robbo will close out but a bit of an improvement from Q school last year Dave.

haven't seen your byline for a while gallant. tks for the report on the hendry game :-D

Postby daraghj82

Casey wrote:Any kind of over night lead for Stephen would be awesome! It's unlikely we will go behind overnight.

very true, hoping for 4-4 at the very worst for stephen

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:What are everyones thoughts on the Day v Cao match?

Hard to judge, because I didn't see the Cao match earlier.

You'd make Ryan Day favourite under normal circumstances, but the seeds have been dropping like flies this fortnight. We could see Cao play in the final against Jamie Jones the way things are going.

Postby vodkadiet

Paul collier's mate against Bridgend's finest starting in half an hour. Can't wait!

For those who never saw Hendry in his prime, he still played far better then, than he did this morning, and on much tougher tables.

Postby daraghj82

Alex0paul wrote:What are everyones thoughts on the Day v Cao match?

think ryan will have gained a lot of confidence from beating ding so i think he will edge this one, its very tight really as Cao has been excellent so far

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:Still in shock at how well Hendry played today, he won't win the tournament of course but he is giving his fans a real bonus with this performance.

god you hate to go out on a limb

if hendry continues to play like that writers could start to take out the Hendry the Eighth quotes from mothballs once again.

Postby Muppet147

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:Still in shock at how well Hendry played today, he won't win the tournament of course but he is giving his fans a real bonus with this performance.

if hendry continues to play like that writers could start to take out the Hendry the Eighth quotes from mothballs once again.

You are dreaming, of course. Ordinarily I would be rooting for Hendry to lose. But Higgins is a disgrace to the sport so I don't want him to win either.

Hopefully Maguire will give one of them a good old fashioned thrashing in the next match. <ok>

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:

It's his long potting mate. He won't get enough chances in amongst the balls because of it.

Postby daraghj82

exactly its funny casey because i thought from the onset he could get on a run and do well. it seems the occasion is getting the better of both day and ciao

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:
Wild wrote:

It's his long potting mate. He won't get enough chances in amongst the balls because of it.

you are giving players too much respect mate of course he needs to pot a few long pots but players will be under pressure and will make mistakes against him if he continues in that vein.

its up to him to take his chances when he gets them.

Postby daraghj82

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:
Wild wrote:

you are giving players too much respect mate of course he needs to pot a few long pots but players will be under pressure and will make mistakes against him if he continues in that vein.

add belief as well which will be really important when it comes down to it

Postby Wildey

daraghj82 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:
Wild wrote:

add belief as well which will be really important when it comes down to it

i know it wont be easy but if he beats john the belief he would get from that could carry him through ...

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:I'm enjoying this Maguire vs Perry match.

Maguire seemed edgy in that last frame, for some reason.

But eases his way into winning frame 8. Perry had better start winning frames. He needs at least a 3-1 this mini-session, and he needs it badly.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Ivy is on my checklist now of people I need to get in my autograph. It's a bit :limp: at the moment, because the only women I have in there are Michaela Tabb and Hazel Irvine.

I had breakfast on the opposite table to Hazel and Rishi et al for 4 days :-D

Postby Smart

vodkadiet wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:John Higgins v Stephen Hendry

Has to be one of the best,most exciting matches in a long time,2 absolute GIANTS,LEGENDS,2 OF THE GREATEST EVER SNOOKER PLAYERS battlin it out and what a place to do it,at The World Championships,at the one n only "Crucible"!.

I won,t be able to see any of the first session but i,ll have my baffys on,my irn bru,my Walkers shortbread and my bagpipe ready for the evening session. :-D

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN HENDRY!!!!,.....

,....send that spudhead John back to his rubbish life in that rubbish wee country called Scotland!!!. ;-) :-D :D :happy:

Glasgow vs Edinburgh

:gag:

Sour Face vs Kiev <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Smart wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Hendry won't get a better chance to beat Higgins in my opinion. It feels a bit like the Davis v Higgins match two years ago.

where is Higgins going this time ...........Warsaw, Moscow, Budapest :-D

rofl rofl rofl

Hendry has definately a chance to beat Higgins.. just has to maintain his form and focus and not starting to miss silly balls and play bad safeties... he looked very focused this morning, could even had had 3 centuries, so he scored very heavily... :D