Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Fri 27th of April) Last 16 Disscusio

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:Hendry really, really wants one of the next two. Imo he is slightly dictating the match and John is getting his frames only when Stephen lets him in.

5-3 to Hendry at the end of the session would make this match really interesting.

Postby daraghj82

SnookerFan wrote:
Casey wrote:Hendry really, really wants one of the next two. Imo he is slightly dictating the match and John is getting his frames only when Stephen lets him in.

5-3 to Hendry at the end of the session would make this match really interesting.

yeah stephen needs to be 5-3 ahead to keep the pressure on john

Postby freakmoomin

best thing about this session is that hes made everything himself, johns played decent but hendrys scored well, saftey has beed decent and hes just playing really really solid!

if he wasnt so ropey in the first couple frames he could have had a really nice lead!

but ill take 5-3 anyday!

Postby daraghj82

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Very well played Stephen Hendry. He deserves the lead. If he plays on like that in the next two sessions he will beat Higgins.

Thats good to hear. are you confident that ronnie can keep his unbeaten run against mjw :-)

Postby daraghj82

Wild wrote:at 2-0 down i was thinking little kitten little kitten little kitten

BUT after that it was like the good old days at times.

thankfully stephen steadied the ship. id be happy with 4-4 now in the 2nd session now but the problem with stephen is consistency so hears hoping ......

Postby Snooker Overdrive

daraghj82 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Very well played Stephen Hendry. He deserves the lead. If he plays on like that in the next two sessions he will beat Higgins.

Thats good to hear. are you confident that ronnie can keep his unbeaten run against mjw :-)

Yes, I am. But that doesn't mean it will be easy for Ronnie. In the end though I can only see one winner.

Postby Muppet147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:As Smart so rightly said, it's a shame that both of them can't lose.

If you don't like either of them I would still be supporting Hendry because Higgins has a better chance of winning the tournament should he go through to the next round.

Yes, that's true. Would be a drag if Higgins got to the final playing his usual snooker. Hopefully, Maguire will beat whoever wins the match.

Postby gallantrabbit

Hendry looked in the best frame of mind for many a moon. He could well take Higgins. I wouldn't fancy Hendry against Ronnie, Trump or Robbo but the rest he could really surprise. Terrific to see from the master.
Gilbert could have folded secveral times against Robbo, who looks very solid, but all credit to him that he hasn't. Great for him to win the last. Of course Robbo will close out but a bit of an improvement from Q school last year Dave.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

gallantrabbit wrote:Hendry looked in the best frame of mind for many a moon. He could well take Higgins. I wouldn't fancy Hendry against Ronnie, Trump or Robbo but the rest he could really surprise. Terrific to see from the master.
Gilbert could have folded secveral times against Robbo, who looks very solid, but all credit to him that he hasn't. Great for him to win the last. Of course Robbo will close out but a bit of an improvement from Q school last year Dave.

The big advantage Hendry has is that he won't falter if he gets a chance to win frame and match. He may miss careless shots from time to time but Stephen has a lot of bottle and that could be decisive.

Postby mantorok

It goes without saying that Hendry has started this tournament in great form, he'll also be inspired by the number of seeds that have dropped out, can't wait to see how this match pans out.

What a strange WC this has been with so many seeds dropping out, could be anyones at the moment, no-one is really standing out as a clear front-runner to be honest, all looking a little shaky if I may say.

Postby Wildey

Hendry cant play well once without Ronnie fans and all time runt like Witz start to Panic ...

as a hendry fan i know he has to keep it up and easier said than done but who bucking cares in that session he played very well to reverse a 2-0 deficit.

nobody getting carried away but the internet is full opf jealous hammers that cant sometime just enjoy a match or a 8 frame session for what it was.

Postby Andre147

Afternoon folks :D :D :D Just came back from school...

Hendry playing well I see... 5-3 in front.... I reckon from the posts in here that it was important for him to have that 2 frame gap... It all depends on how he starts this evening... but I reckon he has every chance.... happy for Stephen really... :D :D :D

How did the Robbo match ended? did he manage to regain and push on his lead?

Postby Muppet147

Wild wrote:Hendry cant play well once without Ronnie fans and all time runt like Witz start to Panic ...

as a hendry fan i know he has to keep it up and easier said than done but who bucking cares in that session he played very well to reverse a 2-0 deficit.

nobody getting carried away but the internet is full opf jealous hammers that cant sometime just enjoy a match or a 8 frame session for what it was.

:-D How long have you suffered from Tourette's Syndrome?