Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Wed 25th of April) Round 1 Disscussi

Postby gallantrabbit

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Selby obviously was affected by his neck injury, very unfortunate that something like ruined all his chances to win the title.

I predicted a 10-9 Mavis win and of course Carter hammers him.

Carter just a different class to Mark Davis. Not nice to say but Davis has done well to up his income over the last couple of years and take advantage of the opportunities given to him. He's a hard worker and a nice fellow and I'm sure he's grateful for the extension of his career.It is good to see Carter cueing well. I don't expect him to beat Trump (or even want him to particularly), but even winning one match is a good end of season for him considering the problems he's had.
Expect to see the real Barry Hawkins next round. Might even continue his run cos he's a class act. Of course Selby was hindered but even playing his normal game he'd have had a fight on against Hawkins.
Hendry might just do Higgins. He certainly shouldn't feel any pressure now, just needs to take one ball at a time and expect to have to scrap it out with Higgins.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I want to say something about Mark Selby's season.

I often criticized him and he's far from my favourite player but he played a very good season and the effort he put in deserves respect.

Even though he went out here in the first round he managed to accumulate an incredible 36.480 points this season. He won a ranking title and he made another final.

It wasn't to be this year but maybe next year.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I want to say something about Mark Selby's season.

I often criticized him and he's far from my favourite player but he played a very good season and the effort he put in deserves respect.

Even though he went out here in the first round he managed to accumulate an incredible 36.480 points this season. He won a ranking title and he made another final.

It wasn't to be this year but maybe next year.

yes and to stay no 1 for so long is not easy but next season when PTC Points of 2010/2011 comes off he will need to replace them to stay on top.