Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Wed 25th of April) Round 1 Disscussi

Postby Casey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think Selby will go out too tonight. Maybe Williams also, perhaps even Trump.

Williams really is down in the dumps about playing Ronnie so he could well suffer in the first round. I think Trump will pull through, he didn't look at all well yesterday but I'm sure he is at least a bit better today. Selby - well that's a tough one, Barry held on really well to beat Maguire last year....

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Casey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:What a miss that was from Ding. I have only seen Stevens bottle a shot like this in a decider.

I missed the final frame - what happened?

Day attempted a long red, missed it and opened the pack unintentionally. All the reds were nicely spread, all of them available with the black on the spot. Ding made about 40 points but often lost the cue ball a bit. The red he missed was totally straight forward with nothing to do with the cue ball but it wobbled. Day made a nice clearance but there wasn't one awkward ball on the table so he cleared without a problem in the end.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Dammit, Ronnie is going to win this tournament, isn't he? :grrr: Ebdon's probably the only real player he'll have to face. rofl

I wish he could win it really... but Robbo will have something to say about that, and if those two meet in the quarters, I think Neil will edge past him

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think Selby will go out too tonight. Maybe Williams also, perhaps even Trump.

Cant see Trump losing... but Selby and Williams.. definately.. and if that were to happen this would be the tournament where most seed would crash first round....

But Selby will stll fight I'm sure.. and will never give up so Barry still has a lot of work to do... and Williams.... he could easily beat Chuang... or could well crash if he isnt on form like he has been lately....

Never seen a world champs like this in terms of big seeds crashing out I can assure you

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:

Cant see Trump losing... but Selby and Williams.. definately.. and if that were to happen this would be the tournament where most seed would crash first round....

But Selby will stll fight I'm sure.. and will never give up so Barry still has a lot of work to do... and Williams.... he could easily beat Chuang... or could well crash if he isnt on form like he has been lately....

Never seen a world champs like this in terms of big seeds crashing out I can assure you

I'm just glad Ronnie is still in this. If someone would have told me that at least 7 (!) seeds will lose in the first round I certainly would have thought Ronnie is out too.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I'm just glad Ronnie is still in this. If someone would have told me that at least 7 (!) seeds will lose in the first round I certainly would have thought Ronnie is out too.

Yeah i would have thought that too... wouldn't mind Selby going out though.. easier path for Ronnie... :D :D :D

One person here won't be happy about that though :john: :john: :john:

Postby Andre147

Saw again the sitter Ding missed... rofl rofl rofl Stevens like bottle job <doh> <doh> <doh>

Tournament for the qualifiers no doubt about it.... think the qualifiers having being staged only a week before has MASSIVELY helped them to remain their form and confidence... if it were like in the past with one or two months in between, there wouldn't be as much qualifiers coming through I think
Last edited by Andre147 on 25 Apr 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Just noticed there are more qualifier vs qualifier last 16 matches than seed vs seed matches.

Just like I said before - there's no need to watch the qualifying rounds of the World Championship rofl

rofl

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Just noticed there are more qualifier vs qualifier last 16 matches than seed vs seed matches.

Just like I said before - there's no need to watch the qualifying rounds of the World Championship rofl

rofl

rofl <laugh> :john: