Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Tues 24th of April) Round 1 Disscusi

Postby NedB-H

Snooker Overdrive wrote:This could be the match that marks the decline of Graeme Dott. Ken Doherty for example lost in the first round in 2008 and it has gone all downhill from that point.

And I think it's time players like Jamie Jones and and Cao Yupeng get into the top 16 and someone has to go obviously.

Jones I'll give you, been on the cards for a few years, but were you really saying that about Cao before about 3 days ago?

Certainly time for some new faces in the Top 16 though, a few hyped young players have fallen away recently, Cope, Liang, Walden all reaching the 16 then dropping out. Gould has got there now but not sure he is in the same ones to watch bracket.

Postby Skullman

Am back. Has Dott been playing this badly for the entire match?

Sounds like Judd had food poisoning, but Dale hasn't been able to take advantage and is only 5-4. Ronnie finished Ebdon off, predictably. Ebdon always seems to do the opposite of what I predict him to do.

How did Day and Ding play?
Last edited by Skullman on 24 Apr 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet

Skullman wrote:Am back. Has Dott been played this badly for the entire match?

Sounds like Judd had food poisoning, but Dale hasn't been able to take advantage and is only 5-4. Ronnie finished Ebdon off, predictably. Ebdon always seems to do the opposite of what I predict him to do.

How did Day and Ding play?

Quite a good match. Junhui missed some shots he wouldn't usually and Ryan has taken his chances overall.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:You never know. Dott might pull this back...

it would have been better if he had pulled the dovet back over him this morning and stayed in bed

Postby Skullman

vodkadiet wrote:
Skullman wrote:Maguire must be shaking in his boots watching this match.

Maguire was no better than Perry is playing.

He was. He made a few carleess shots, but nowhere near as many as Perry and made a few good breaks yesterday.