Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Mon 23rd of April) Round 1 Disscusio

Postby daraghj82

Wild wrote:19th shot on the re spotted black and Ronnie takes the frame.

sounds very exciting , at work atm wild. i look forward to seeing the highlights of this game later on. i've watched the king of the crucible max a few times this morning before work, :-)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

daraghj82 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Come on Ronnie!

Whats your prediction, a tight game or your man ronnie to pull away and win
10-5. Is his tough match going to be robbo in qf ? :-)

Ebdon is playing well but of course I want Ronnie to pull away early. But at the moment it looks like it will be a very tight match from start to finish (there can't be a tighter start than in this one!)

Postby daraghj82

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
daraghj82 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Come on Ronnie!

Whats your prediction, a tight game or your man ronnie to pull away and win
10-5. Is his tough match going to be robbo in qf ? :-)

Ebdon is playing well but of course I want Ronnie to pull away early. But at the moment it looks like it will be a very tight match from start to finish (there can't be a tighter start than in this one!)

thanks for that, i wouldnt be surprised if ronnie will struggle to get a foothold in the game. it might be the best thing for him in the long term in terms of him contending for the WC

Postby daraghj82

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie giving Ebdon way too many easy chances at the moment

thats not what ronnie will need, if peter manages to break ronnies rythm and does
not allow ronnie to get into his stride, then it doesn't bode well for ronnie is this game.
the question will be whether peter can frustrate ronnie often enough !!!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

daraghj82 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie giving Ebdon way too many easy chances at the moment

thats not what ronnie will need, if peter manages to break ronnies rythm and does
not allow ronnie to get into his stride, then it doesn't bode well for ronnie is this game.
the question will be whether peter can frustrate ronnie often enough !!!!

Peter's problem is that he struggles to win frames in one visit. His safeties and his long pots are good but he could be 3-0 in front because he had the first chance in every frame.

Postby daraghj82

Wild wrote:Shaun Murphy 7-6 Jamie Jones
Ronnie O'Sullivan 2-1 Peter Ebdon

thanks for the update wild, the debutants this year have been excellent from
Ciao to Luca, i thought jones played well yesterday and the magician will have
his work cut out in this one

Postby jojo

ebdon only has one thing as part of his game plan and that is to frustrate ronnie as much as possible i wouldnt be surprised if theres a repeat of the 2005 antics

think he averaging something like thirty seconds a shot wouldnt be surprised if that goes up

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Healthy 3-1 lead for Ronnie. Wild you still think he's struggling playing shots with side?

i said and i quote on first impression in the first frame he was strugling with side i do not have a crystal ball of what might happen in the future as some seem to think.

i can only call it as i see it at the time i post.

Postby Wildey

impressive stuff from Jamie Jones here and in general this is only his second season back on tour and if he wins today hes up to 29th in the Rankings and safely inside the top 32 for next season first few events.

Postby jojo

4-1 but not exactly vintage ronnie

tip problems he having difficulty when playing with side and the deliberate slow play from his opponent meaning he cant quite get into full flow however if ronnie can end the first session 6-3 hell be happy

it wont matter too much if theres a lot taken out of ronnie as he has a bye into the quarter finals if he win this match

Postby Andre147

Jones makes a total clearance of 134 to lead by 8-7-.. and at the table again... another upset very much on here...

Ronnie leads by 4-1... hope he carries on like that.. although I wouldnt like a one sided match.. but Ronnie starting to run away with it

Postby Skullman

Am back! :D

Mags won as expected and fairly comfortably as well. I must be the only one unsurprised by the score in Stevens's match. I though if it went close, Fu would win due to Stevens's bottle (or lack of), and Steven was capable of storming ahead.

C'mon Supermurph! Ronnie has a comfortable lead on Ebbo now, but this is a two session match. Things can change. Ebdon was 1-3 down to Ding in China and won five on the trot.