Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Mon 23rd of April) Round 1 Disscusio

Postby Alex0paul

jojo wrote:alex i wouldnt say murphy fluked a world title to be honest you wouldnt like it if the same was said about dott

murphy has reached another world final on top of that hes won the uk title as well as reaching a masters final

murphy was never one of the truly big boys never will be but if the very best arent firing hes capable of winning big tournaments as his record proves

the problem with him is he has way too much belief in himself and never adapts his play he go for way too many kamikazi shots sometime he appear to be lacking a logical thought process also his breakbuilding is clumsy

he ok when the balls are spread but not when they have to be developed way too clumsy and chooses the wrong option all these things considered that why he fall into the pick up the pieces type player category below the very top players

He had done nothing in the game before then and since has done very average afterwards. In my opinion because of his world title he has a much elevated status as a player than what he actually is.

Postby jojo

so would you rate him as a better player than dott overall ?

i say each to their own murphy will never be in the very top bracket and he has won titles after his world title which include the uk as well as reaching another world and masters final

that isnt average

Postby Alex0paul

jojo wrote:so would you rate him as a better player than dott overall ?

i say each to their own murphy will never be in the very top bracket and he has won titles after his world title which include the uk as well as reaching another world and masters final

that isnt average

Similar bracket. Just because I am a Dott fan doesn't mean I rate him amongst the best. Murphy's UK win was very fortunate as he didn't exactly play great to win the tournament and had a very comfortable draw.

Postby Alex0paul

jojo wrote:ronnie handed the match to dott in the third session of their world semi final in 2006 otherwise hed have beaten him comfortably in the end like in 2004

Absolute rubbish. I have that match on dvd and Dott completely outplayed him in that session and put him under so much pressure. His long pot percentage particularly to the bottom left pocket was staggeringly high.

Postby Skullman

Alex0paul wrote:
Skullman wrote:Niether of these players are playing that well. Judd is guaranteed a semi final.

Judd himself has to play well first

Judd has upped his game for the BBC tournaments so far and none of the qualifiers have troubled him this year. Dale has to pull out or something special or Carter has to. If Judd gets to the quarters he'll have too much momentum for Lee, Jones or Higginson. :sad:

Postby jojo

i wouldnt worry about players not playing well as long as they get through it only the first round theres no point in peaking too early

stephen lee will never ever win this event no matter how well hes done this season anyone who think otherwise is deluded

he ok in the shorter format though

Postby Alex0paul

Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Skullman wrote:Niether of these players are playing that well. Judd is guaranteed a semi final.

Judd himself has to play well first

Judd has upped his game for the BBC tournaments so far and none of the qualifiers have troubled him this year. Dale has to pull out or something special or Carter has to. If Judd gets to the quarters he'll have too much momentum for Lee, Jones or Higginson. :sad:

So Dale didn't trouble him at the UK then?

Postby vodkadiet

jojo wrote:ronnie handed the match to dott in the third session of their world semi final in 2006 otherwise hed have beaten him comfortably in the end like in 2004

Ronnie has handed quite a few sessions to players at The Crucible over the years. I think he works for The Samaritans in his spare time, but being the man he is he would never brag about it.

:-D