Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Sat 21st of April) Round 1 Discussio

Postby Skullman

jojo wrote:thanks skullman it ok

them pooftas have put the ronnie v ebdon match on the afternoon both sessions

someone need shooting

Ronnie almost always has afternoon sessions. Just checked the order of play and the first time Ronnie is not playing in an afternoon session is last session of the last 16, which is an evening. And he has two sessions of his quarter (assuming he gets that far) in the afternoon.

Postby Smart

Skullman wrote:

someone need shooting

Ronnie almost always has afternoon sessions. Just checked the order of play and the first time Ronnie is not playing in an afternoon session is last session of the last 16, which is an evening. And he has two sessions of his quarter (assuming he gets that far) in the afternoon.

I like to drink a bottle of wine, then sit down and watch some Ronnie action. <cool>

Postby jojo

he said he meant it tongue in cheek in terms of some of the language he used and never meant any offence and has apologised

he has stated though he has always said the crucible has always been his least favourite venue and it only his opinion

he said the sheffield people and crowd are brilliant but the venue is too small and cramped

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:Williams is in a bad place at the minute - if he was in the other half of the draw he could of got a head up of steam but with Ronnie in round 2 his head isn't right.

His head hasn't been right for a while. There's no other explanantion for him becoming so bad after the way he started the season.
Last edited by Skullman on 20 Apr 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Smart

jojo wrote:he said he meant it tongue in cheek in terms of some of the language he used and never meant any offence and has apologised

he has stated though he has always said the crucible has always been his least favourite venue and it only his opinion

he said the sheffield people and crowd are brilliant but the venue is too small and cramped

sounds like he is back tracking, and that twitter is not very good for him or other snooker players, they have not got the brains or common sense <ok>

Postby jojo

ebdon is capable of pulling off a shock especially considering ronnie has barely played the last few months so may lack match sharpness whereas ebdon on the other hand has just won the china open and won 10-0 in his qualifying match

williams doesnt rate ebdon as high as o sullivan though and he seem to think ebdons slow tactics wont bother o sullivan which a funny thing to say when you remember what happen in 2005

Postby Skullman

jojo wrote:ebdon is capable of pulling off a shock especially considering ronnie has barely played the last few months so may lack match sharpness whereas ebdon on the other hand has just one the china open and won 10-0 in his qualifying match

williams doesnt rate ebdon as high as o sullivan though and he seem to think ebdons slow tactics wont bother o sullivan which a funny thing to say when you remember what happen in 2005

But (as I have been reminded a few times now) that was once seven years ago and every time they've met since Ronnie has won.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:

someone need shooting

That's very true skullman.. In recent years, 2010 and 2011 Ronnie reached the quarters on both those years and lost them against Selby and Higgins playing two straight afternoon sessions. And in both of them, Ronnie has played really well in the first afternoon session (9-6 up or something on Selby) and then 8-5 up on Higgins, only to be square with John when that finished.

Then in the last session he got off the boil and lost both matches that he really should have won.

Nothing to do with Ronnie, but this is one thing in the shedulle that needs sorting out.... the last quarter final always has two afternoon sessions... which is really unfair to both players who, say, finish their first at around 5:30 or 6p.m, and then are staight back again at 7p.m... <doh> <doh> <doh> why not play a morning session that day and then the evening session?
A match which finished in that morning session could be put in the same place that quarter final was previously held...

for me, this is really poor shecduling, because the other quarter final matches don't have 2 straight afternnon sessions <doh> <doh> <doh>

Postby Roland

This time it's deliberate, they didn't release the schedule till they knew the top 16 and then surprise surprise Ronnie is on during the weekday afternoon. They obviously use him to sell tickets in sessions they would otherwise not sell as quickly. I don't like it, what if he prefers evening sessions? It's not fair on him in that regard.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
jojo wrote:ebdon is capable of pulling off a shock especially considering ronnie has barely played the last few months so may lack match sharpness whereas ebdon on the other hand has just one the china open and won 10-0 in his qualifying match

But (as I have been reminded a few times now) that was once seven years ago and every time they've met since Ronnie has won.

That's right too skullman... Ronnie has got the better of Ebdon since that famous match, almost as if he has something to prove to anyone everytime he plays Ebdon... I just hope honestly this match doesn't turn out to be like the semi Ronnie had against Selby in this season's Welsh Open... if the match follows a similar pattern to that one, then yes all advantage goes to Peter... but if Ronnie gets on front early and dictates most of the pace of the match, then I can't see Ebdon winning..

One thing is for sure... this match has certainly got the attention of everyone,and it is very interesting to watch very different syles of play go head to head... Can't wait :-D :-D :-D

Postby Skullman

Sonny wrote:This time it's deliberate, they didn't release the schedule till they knew the top 16 and then surprise surprise Ronnie is on during the weekday afternoon. They obviously use him to sell tickets in sessions they would otherwise not sell as quickly. I don't like it, what if he prefers evening sessions? It's not fair on him in that regard.

Not really fair on his opponent either, who gets stuck with all the afternoon sessions just they're facing Ronnie. Plus like Andre says he seems to have that quarter final where he has to play two sessions in a row (although if he struggles with that I wonder how he managed the finals...).

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:This time it's deliberate, they didn't release the schedule till they knew the top 16 and then surprise surprise Ronnie is on during the weekday afternoon. They obviously use him to sell tickets in sessions they would otherwise not sell as quickly. I don't like it, what if he prefers evening sessions? It's not fair on him in that regard.

it's not you're right... and as I said, if Ronnie reaches the quarters again this year, it will be the 3rd consecutive year he has played afternoon and evening sessions back to back.. certainly not fair on him and his opponents... :irk: :irk: :irk:

World Snooker is a disgrace when it comes down to this schedulling matters... and this particular one has gone on for a while now :no: :no: :no: <doh> <doh> <doh>

Postby Andre147

That avatar used to be like the one GJ had I reckon skullman.. :john: well, he has gone into hidding since his beloved lost in the P.Champiosnhip Finals... :emb:

And it also tells something... I too have a feeling Robbo will lift that trophy again, if not, then very close to it...

Postby vodkadiet

Williams is due a win over O'Sullivan. He played well the last time they met at The Crucible. Williams may be at the point when he is immujne from the disappointment of losing to O'Sullivan and go out and play the way he can.

I wouldn't be that surprised however, if it was Chuang vs Ebdon in the second round!

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Williams is due a win over O'Sullivan. He played well the last time they met at The Crucible. Williams may be at the point when he is immujne from the disappointment of losing to O'Sullivan and go out and play the way he can.

I wouldn't be that surprised however, if it was Chuang vs Ebdon in the second round!

I certainly wouldn't want that match in the 2nd round :john: rofl :chuckle:

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:That avatar used to be like the one GJ had I reckon skullman.. :john: well, he has gone into hidding since his beloved lost in the P.Champiosnhip Finals... :emb:

And it also tells something... I too have a feeling Robbo will lift that trophy again, if not, then very close to it...

Don't get too used to it. It's just temporary until Selby comes into the tournament. I'll be switching avatars depending on who I'm supporting each day. Although I found it unsettling too. Everytime I posted I was thinking 'Has GJ come back?' . I miss my skeleton avatar already :-(