Topic locked

Re: Betfred.com World Draw and Pre Tournament Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

well all this spelling bucking bullocks going on my bucking nerves i know for a fact some of the hammers that pointing out my spelling needs to use spell check themselves.

its a snooker forum not english are us rubbish

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:we could have the first ever Higgins v Hendry at the Crucible and Also the Longest Match they have ever played in the Last 16

That'd be worth watching, but they've both got to win their first match first. You'd make Higgins favourite, but he's had an average season. And, that assumes that Hendry has it in him to beat a top-16 player when he's travelling back from China the day before the match.

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:we could have the first ever Higgins v Hendry at the Crucible and Also the Longest Match they have ever played in the Last 16

Ha! Higgins v Hendry have been pretty poor affairs over the last 5 or 6 years. Mostly this was to Stephen's disadvantage in the past, but now it's a leveler and given John has admitted to be low on confidence it could be a chance for Stephen....

Postby Smart

Higgins can be beaten and round 1 is the best place for that to happen, catch him cold so to speak. Wenny is not a debutant so that is a positive and I would say he gets better as matches go along (in that longer format matches suit him).

Wenny is danegrous in my view and will obviously get my support for this one.

Higgins will blame the table no doubt if he loses. :baby:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Hendry is flying out to China this week and gets back on Friday, plays Saturday. Nice preparation. Go Bingham :D

Doesent Matter if hes Flying in to Tudor Square at 1.30pm on Saturday he will still win <ok>

Postby Skullman

Back from school and seen the draw. Will give my thoughts on it but someone mentioned that Eurosport are showing some of this season's finals (hope Shanghai comes up :D). Bolted downstairs immediately when I heard that.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote::zzz:

That your impression of what Hendry is going to look like on Saturday afternoon?

no thats his impression of being bored that im always right <ok>

sonny = never learn and a bit stupid

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:
Smart wrote:Higgins can be beaten and round 1 is the best place for that to happen, catch him cold so to speak.

exactly <ok>

I look forward to the moment Higgins will be dethroned but it surely won't be on the opening day against someone like Wenbo. Higgins basically never loses his opening match, the last time he did was in 2006 against a strong Mark Selby and 1995 as a qualifier.

Postby Smart

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:
Smart wrote:Higgins can be beaten and round 1 is the best place for that to happen, catch him cold so to speak.

exactly <ok>

I look forward to the moment Higgins will be dethroned but it surely won't be on the opening day against someone like Wenbo. Higgins basically never loses his opening match, the last time he did was in 2006 against a strong Mark Selby and 1995 as a qualifier.

Higgins DOES lose his opening match, he lost vs Ryan Day for one, and blamed the table conditions. Wenny is as dangerous as anyone - especially as he is not a debutant so wont be too disadvantaged, and he seems to thrive in longer frame matches. He has a chance. Higgo can be caught cold. <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Smart wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:

exactly <ok>

Higgins DOES lose his opening match, he lost vs Ryan Day for one, and blamed the table conditions. Wenny is as dangerous as anyone - especially as he is not a debutant so wont be too disadvantaged, and he seems to thrive in longer frame matches. He has a chance. Higgo can be caught cold. <ok>

He lost to Day in the last 16, he beat Stevens in the last 32.

Postby Smart

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Smart wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:

exactly <ok>

He lost to Day in the last 16, he beat Stevens in the last 32.

okay, but he has had R1 losses before, I just did not give an example there rofl