Topic locked

Re: Betfred.com World Championship Qualifying !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Who chooses the drasw for this bit. It seems like two of the best players (Gray and O'Neill) were pitted against each other, seeing as O'Neill is battering Stephen Ormerod, while Gray at least got four frames. :irk: Never mind, this isn't even the start of the qualifiers proper, so it doesn't matter much.

yes I agree, that match was the hardest to predict for me because those two are very good players, and honestly dont know how they do the draw for this, but dont care too much..

and by the way, what is happening in the O'Neil match?? technical difficulties????

Postby Smart

Skullman wrote:Who chooses the drasw for this bit. It seems like two of the best players (Gray and O'Neill) were pitted against each other, seeing as O'Neill is battering Stephen Ormerod, while Gray at least got four frames. :irk: Never mind, this isn't even the start of the qualifiers proper, so it doesn't matter much.

Gray rofl :wave:

Postby Andre147

Smart wrote:Just noticed in the predicts comp we have a Barry Stark, not an Ian Stark...............are they related or did Barry have a name change in the last couple of days :gag: :wave:

Yes noticed that too :chin: :chin: :chin:

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:
Smart wrote:Just noticed in the predicts comp we have a Barry Stark, not an Ian Stark...............are they related or did Barry have a name change in the last couple of days :gag: :wave:

Barry Stark is Ian Stark. He is actually called Barry Ian Stark.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Barry Stark is Ian Stark. He is actually called Barry Ian Stark.

LOL rofl rofl never thought of that one

Postby Wildey

6pm

Patrick Wallace 5-2 Joe Delaney
Ian Stark 1-5 David Singh
Stephen Ormerod 0-5 Jamie O'Neill
Del Smith 2-5 Justin Astley

Postby Andre147

patrick Wallace duly wraps up his match against Delaney with a 5-2 victory.

Only one match tomorrow between Igor and Jamie, and then the qualifying proper rounds start on Saturday

Postby Roland

Just interviewed Kyren, he's had lots of interesting and topical things to say. He's been practicing with Peter Ebdon so has inside info in that regard and also talked a lot about playing in the badminton hall in the world qualifiers. Because of these factors I'm going to try and get his interview transcribed asap instead of leaving it till the Q School to publish.

Postby Roland

one thing Kyren sheds a bit of light on is this stupid pre-qualifier event going on at the moment. He said (spoiler alert) that had he known the "pro-ticket" tour didn't have a pro-ticket at the end of it, he'd have renewed his membership and be playing these pre-qualifiers for the Worlds.

And I tell you what, he'd have had a shout at getting to the Crucible. Straight up.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:one thing Kyren sheds a bit of light on is this stupid pre-qualifier event going on at the moment. He said (spoiler alert) that had he known the "pro-ticket" tour didn't have a pro-ticket at the end of it, he'd have renewed his membership and be playing these pre-qualifiers for the Worlds.

And I tell you what, he'd have had a shout at getting to the Crucible. Straight up.

Kyren = best player from the Midlands <ok>

Postby PLtheRef

Sonny wrote:Hey Paddy, you're famous - nice photo of you in SS mag this month, will be for sale at the Crucible too :santa:

Is it the one with me; Martin and John at Gloucester?

Is my name in it?

Postby Smart

PLtheRef wrote:
Sonny wrote:Hey Paddy, you're famous - nice photo of you in SS mag this month, will be for sale at the Crucible too :santa:

Is it the one with me; Martin and John at Gloucester?

Is my name in it?

how many SS photos have you been in, is there a back catalogue <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny wrote:Just interviewed Kyren, he's had lots of interesting and topical things to say. He's been practicing with Peter Ebdon so has inside info in that regard and also talked a lot about playing in the badminton hall in the world qualifiers. Because of these factors I'm going to try and get his interview transcribed asap instead of leaving it till the Q School to publish.

Great work on your part. This is all valuable information.

<ok>

Postby Roland

Yes Paddy your name is in lights as Paddy Lowson (referee). From left to right it goes Graeme Dott (pulling a cheesy), Len Ganley, Mark Selby.

Sorry but you'll have to buy the magazine to know what I'm talking about :redneck: