Topic locked

Re: Betfred.com World Championship Qualifying & .....

Postby Smart

Muppet147 wrote:
Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Come on JP! The tournament is yours. :bowdown:

ABJP

(Anyone But John Parrott) <ok>

Why do you hate Parrott, dimwit?

If you had met him, or been anywhere near him you would understand. However, as you are a nobody, a nothing, you will not appreciate this. GL :wave:

Postby Roland

Muppet147 wrote:I 'appreciate' that you are a dimwit, who probably has trouble doing up his own shoelaces - let alone being polite to a world champion snooker player.

Polite to a world champion snooker player - you mean like you are to Robbo?

:chin:

Postby Wildey

im not fussed either way with parrott but i wished to buck the BBC Would sack his useless ginger sidekick great player hammer when he opens his mouth.

Postby jojo

they should get rid of hazel irvine im not against women presenting in sport but i am against men or women who are clueless at their job especially when it effectively people like me who contribute to their wages

thick stupid rubbish

Postby Roland

Early round matches to keep an eye on:

Jamie O'Neill v David Gray (prelim) winner to play Igor - come on Igor!

Tian Pengfei v Adam Wicheard - Ben's main practice partner takes on much fancied Chinese

Andrew Pagett v Aditya Mehta - Pagett should come through but Mehta is a quality player and the best in India and he needs to be seen by more people, hopefully this will be on the stream

Li Yan v Paul Davison - fancy a good run from Yan but needs to get past the York grinder. Davison's ex-practice partner gave me a lesson the other week, never played a safety game like it!

Ian McCulloch v Luca Brecel - grinder v attacker who generally refuses safety. I expect McCulloch to frustrate Luca but then again could turn it on and scare the living daylights out of McCulloch. Be interesting to see how this goes, saying that it could be a damp squib after 5 frames if it goes the way of McCulloch.

David Morris v Kacper Filipiak - likeable young Irish player and overhyped Polish teenager, I think this will be a good close match

Sam Baird v David Grace - Baird deserves to stay on tour, see Reanne interview, but so does Grace because he's quality, and from Leeds!

Adam Duffy v Lucky Vatnani - Duffy will be huge favourite but (un)Lucky can play, I saw him at PTC7 and he looked very very good so this one could be closer than many think.

Postby SnookerFan

jojo wrote:they should get rid of hazel irvine im not against women presenting in sport but i am against men or women who are clueless at their job especially when it effectively people like me who contribute to their wages

thick stupid rubbish

I like Hazel. Not in a twiddling monkey way, either.

The presenters job is not to be the expert, but to know enough of the sport to provoke and moderate decent conversation from the people who are paid to be experts. She does this quite well, I feel. Other than the fact she's got a bit over-excited when Judd termed the phrase 'Naughty Snooker', which got annoying.

She's a hell of a lot better than Rishi Persad, who is a flid.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
jojo wrote:they should get rid of hazel irvine im not against women presenting in sport but i am against men or women who are clueless at their job especially when it effectively people like me who contribute to their wages

thick stupid rubbish

I like Hazel. Not in a twiddling monkey way, either.

The presenters job is not to be the expert, but to know enough of the sport to provoke and moderate decent conversation from the people who are paid to be experts. She does this quite well, I feel. Other than the fact she's got a bit over-excited when Judd termed the phrase 'Naughty Snooker', which got annoying.

She's a hell of a lot better than Rishi Persad, who is a flid.

yes for my money theres to much knowall presenters that tell the pundits what what so whats the point having pundits and wasting money on them.

But i do agree the Naughty Snooker rubbish getting over played by the i supose to some extent script writers afterall she is being directed if they tell her to do something she does it.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Sam Baird v David Grace - Baird deserves to stay on tour, see Reanne interview, but so does Grace because he's quality, and from Leeds!

David Grace at the moment is safe on PTC Results hes in 8th place out of 8 that stay on via PTC.

Baird though despite having a overall better season in main Events is not and worst than that he is a WC last 16 place off being on tour next season

as i said on another thread surely

Top 8 on the one year list and Top 8 non tour players via PTC List would be better and fairer so that competing in PTC is very much worth it for Amateurs and Doing Well in Main Rankers is rewarded for Pros.

Re: Betfred.com World Championship Qualifying !!!!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Joking about John Parrott aside, how far do people really think he can go? Will he get knocked out at the first attempt, or does he have a run in him? (In the qualifiers even if not at the venue.)

Patrick Wallace will beat him tomorrow

NEXT QUESTION ?

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Joking about John Parrott aside, how far do people really think he can go? Will he get knocked out at the first attempt, or does he have a run in him? (In the qualifiers even if not at the venue.)

NEXT QUESTION ?

What is your opinion of Steve Davis as a pundit? You've never really said....

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:

NEXT QUESTION ?

What is your opinion of Steve Davis as a pundit? You've never really said....

better pundit than a comentator and hes a useless pundit

Postby PLtheRef

Weighing up whether or not to splash the 3.99 and get the livestream for the qualifiers. It'd be criminal of me not to go down to the EIS for some of it.

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:Weighing up whether or not to splash the 3.99 and get the livestream for the qualifiers. It'd be criminal of me not to go down to the EIS for some of it.

its 2.99

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:Weighing up whether or not to splash the 3.99 and get the livestream for the qualifiers. It'd be criminal of me not to go down to the EIS for some of it.

its 2.99

fromsport is FREE :chuckle:

no its not we pay for the stream so that its available for fromsport to poach.

say thank you <ok>

Postby Wildey

Thursday 5th of April

11am

John Parrott v Patrick Wallace streaming
Joe Delaney v Stephen Rowlings
Philip Minchin v Barry Stark
Ali Bassiri v David Singh
Jamie O'Neill v David Gray streaming
Les Dodd v Justin Astley

6pm

John Parrott/Patrick Wallace v Joe Delaney/ Stephen Rowlings streaming guess
Philip Minchin/Barry Stark v Ali Bassiri/David Singh