Topic locked

Re: Betfred.com World Championship Qualifying !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:one thing Kyren sheds a bit of light on is this stupid pre-qualifier event going on at the moment. He said (spoiler alert) that had he known the "pro-ticket" tour didn't have a pro-ticket at the end of it, he'd have renewed his membership and be playing these pre-qualifiers for the Worlds.

And I tell you what, he'd have had a shout at getting to the Crucible. Straight up.

so basicly any ex pro could have entered the Pre Qualifiers then ?

but most dont know about it <doh> <doh>

seriously the WPBSA Needs a good kicking they cant advertise rubbish to a sewage works..

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:so basicly any ex pro could have entered the Pre Qualifiers then ?

seriously the WPBSA Needs a good kicking they cant advertise rubbish to a sewage works..

Your analogies have been quite weak lately. I don't think sewage works go out and purchase rubbish off of people. It just gets flushed down there.

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:one thing Kyren sheds a bit of light on is this stupid pre-qualifier event going on at the moment. He said (spoiler alert) that had he known the "pro-ticket" tour didn't have a pro-ticket at the end of it, he'd have renewed his membership and be playing these pre-qualifiers for the Worlds.

And I tell you what, he'd have had a shout at getting to the Crucible. Straight up.

so basicly any ex pro could have entered the Pre Qualifiers then ?

Why would you need to advertise rubbish to a sewage work? They provide the rubbish.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:so basicly any ex pro could have entered the Pre Qualifiers then ?

Your analogies have been quite weak lately. I don't think sewage works go out and purchase rubbish off of people. It just gets flushed down there.

well it seems to me as little knowledge the WPBSA Gives out is being flushed down the bog aswell its hardly given out freely.

Postby Roland

Now you can see what Kyren said it's obvious that there's a fee to pay to remain a member of World Snooker and it means you can't enter amateur events which obviously leads to a lot of retired ex-pros being able to enter the Worlds but not the talent that's been there, dropped off and is bursting to get back onto the main tour.

Postby Wildey

Change of Start time that was originally Displayed for Todays Match

Friday 6th of April

2pm and 7pm

Igor Figueiredo v Jamie O'Neill

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:Now you can see what Kyren said it's obvious that there's a fee to pay to remain a member of World Snooker and it means you can't enter amateur events which obviously leads to a lot of retired ex-pros being able to enter the Worlds but not the talent that's been there, dropped off and is bursting to get back onto the main tour.

What exactly is an "amateur" event?
I suppose they are allowed to enter pro-ams (as pros), but what about the snookerbacker classic for instance (David Gray entered it) ?

Postby Skullman

Amazing how he's playing so well, with no match practise since September. Ashamed to say I forgot how well Igor could play, as I didn't catch much of the Brazilian Masters. A travesty that he can't afford to come to UK more often.

Postby Skullman

Smart wrote:
Skullman wrote:Bit early for you to start the jinxing isn't it, Smart <laugh>?

he cant possibly lose from here, I bet there are street parties kicking off in Rio as we speak, very well done to Igor :td:

I'll take that as a no, then.