Topic locked

Re: The main contenders for this years Worlds ?

Postby Skullman

We had a different winner every major event this season. If the Worlds follows this pattern, I can see Maguire or Murphy winning it this year, although I'm still sticking with Selby/Robbo.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:My final list before the World Championship. Here we go.

Favourites updated after the China Open:

1. Robbo (0)
2. Ronnie (+3)
3. Ding (-1)
4. Selby (0)
5. Allen (+1)
6. Maguire (+4)
7. Lee (+1)
8. Trump (-5)
9. Higgins (-2)
10. Murphy (-1)
11. Ebdon (new)

Ebdon my ass

he takes so much out of himself after each win even when he was younger it will take about 6 months to recover he will not qualify for the crucible.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:My final list before the World Championship. Here we go.

Favourites updated after the China Open:

1. Robbo (0)
2. Ronnie (+3)
3. Ding (-1)
4. Selby (0)
5. Allen (+1)
6. Maguire (+4)
7. Lee (+1)
8. Trump (-5)
9. Higgins (-2)
10. Murphy (-1)
11. Ebdon (new)

Ebdon my ass

he takes so much out of himself after each win even when he was younger it will take about 6 months to recover he will not qualify for the crucible.

<laugh> You're probably right, I think he lost to Nigel Bond after he won the China Open in 2009.

Postby MizDarknez

I agree with the comment that you cannot predict this tournament. There are so many shock results that make the Worlds one of the best tournaments to watch. Whilst I don't think a qualifier is likely to win, it would be great to see someone come through. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

However if we are being realistic - I would put my money on Robertson or Trump to lift the title (although I seem to jinx people!). O'Sullivan, Hendry, Maguire and Higgins can never be out of the running though as class is permenant.