Topic locked

Re: ROLL CALL

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:Just bought some tickets. The first 3/4 rows at the table front and side are not for sale. They wouldn't have been sold out so I'm not sure why that is. All tickets are £20 + £2 payment charge.

£2 payment charge for EACH ticket?

you didnt buy all the tickets individually did you?

Nope, all at once.

ah right, i thought you only had t0 pay the payment charge of £2 for the overall transaction, not every ticket.

might as well just say the tickets are £17 and £22 then, not £15 and £20

U there Saturday to Monday?

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Got mine for the opening weekend

Yea thats the weekend I am going. What was up with the first 3 rows not going on sale?

This guy have reserved the first few rows

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:Just bought some tickets. The first 3/4 rows at the table front and side are not for sale. They wouldn't have been sold out so I'm not sure why that is. All tickets are £20 + £2 payment charge.

£2 payment charge for EACH ticket?

you didnt buy all the tickets individually did you?

Nope, all at once.

ah right, i thought you only had t0 pay the payment charge of £2 for the overall transaction, not every ticket.

might as well just say the tickets are £17 and £22 then, not £15 and £20

U there Saturday to Monday?

All first round tickets are £20. Yea I will be there Saturday to the Monday and fly back on Tuesday.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Got mine for the opening weekend

Yea thats the weekend I am going. What was up with the first 3 rows not going on sale?

This guy have reserved the first few rows

isnt he playing up front for united as the football season isnt over when the worlds are on :gag:

Postby Witz78

actually contemplating doing the unthinkable and skipping the Crucible full stop next year i must admit as 2 of the usual lads who go with me cant make it and the other guy is just a pure alkie with no interest in snooker so doubt hell go if theres only 2 of us going instead of 4 or 5.

getting a good snooker fix in Jan with the Shootout trip anyway plus if i have to make a choice i would sooner hit sunny Miami at start of April for the Wrestlemania trip with my other group of mates than skip that to hit the same old places in Sheffield with a depleted crew. Maybe regroup and make a comeback at 2013 WC instead.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:actually contemplating doing the unthinkable and skipping the Crucible full stop next year i must admit as 2 of the usual lads who go with me cant make it and the other guy is just a pure alkie with no interest in snooker so doubt hell go if theres only 2 of us going instead of 4 or 5.

getting a good snooker fix in Jan with the Shootout trip anyway plus if i have to make a choice i would sooner hit sunny Miami at start of April for the Wrestlemania trip with my other group of mates than skip that to hit the same old places in Sheffield with a depleted crew. Maybe regroup and make a comeback at 2013 WC instead.

:irk: :sad: :irk: :sad:

you cannot call watchign the shootout a good snooker fix in comparison to Sheffield :irk:

Postby beergitte

beergitte wrote:We might be going this year :happy:

If we do go, it'll most likely be for semi's and/or possibly the final.

Yeah, probably won't be going to the World Championships anyway now, as i recently broke up with the boyfriend.

Instead I'll take a trip to Wales during the Welsh Open to visit my new boyfriend.

Postby Witz78

Christ, u dont hang around.
The old lover boy take the hump cos of your online flirting with Wild then?
Uh oh please dont tell me your new man ur going to the Welsh Open with is none other than the bumboyo himself?

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Christ, u dont hang around.
Uh oh please dont tell me your new man ur going to the Welsh Open with is none other than the bumboyo himself?

rofl

Wild is Welsh. I'd say it was a certainty.

Postby Smart

certainly quick action there........................... :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

beergitte wrote:Yes the new man in my life is none other than Wild :-D

Christ, Wild must be loud when he cums....

Sorry for that mental image I've just put in everyones head.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:

rofl :D rofl :D

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

YES

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

YES

:shock: Do I hear wedding bells?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

YES

who knows ?

but you will be the 999th person to know :redneck:

Postby Casey

Smart wrote:Tickets arrived :-D

Which days?

Postby beergitte

SnookerFan wrote:

I'll be sure to let you all know in February.

On second thought, maybe we'll keep that info to ourselves :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

YES

who knows ?

but you will be the 999th person to know :redneck:

Yes! Top thousand! :happy:

Postby Casey

Smart wrote:
Casey wrote:

Which days?

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - FIRST WEEK :hatoff:

:hatoff:

I'm there the First Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Postby Smart

Casey wrote:
Smart wrote:
Casey wrote:

Which days?

Cool, will have time for a proper catch up and some beers/bets/pool <ok>

Postby Casey

Smart wrote:
Casey wrote:
Smart wrote:
Casey wrote:

Which days?

Cool, will have time for a proper catch up and some beers/bets/pool <ok>

Boom!

Postby Bourne

Lads
Seriously considering a trip down to Sheffield next year, maybe for 2/3 days. Would wana stick myself up in a hotel or travel lodge (:limp:), probably go to 2 or 3 sessions and the rest of the time enjoy the booze/betting/witz-type snake hiss up that he goes for :D How much you reckon it would all cost ?

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:Lads
Seriously considering a trip down to Sheffield next year, maybe for 2/3 days. Would wana stick myself up in a hotel or travel lodge (:limp:), probably go to 2 or 3 sessions and the rest of the time enjoy the booze/betting/witz-type snake hiss up that he goes for :D How much you reckon it would all cost ?

your a betting man like myself and prob take a fair drink too so realistically id say......

thing is you need tickets for all sessions to get you into the bar / bookies area inside plus handy to at least have the option to go into the snooker if its a dramatic sitation in match etc

so thats if your going round1, 3 x 55 = £165 tickets, could maybe skip a few sessions tickets to be fair as thats what im gonna do in future as its so obvious in advance what sessions im not going to be near (Fri / Sat nights espec haha)

hotel if your on your tod prob around 50 quid a night = £150

travel costs and car parking too if your driving down say £60 ?

Daily allowance -]
Food £25 ( few burgers etc thru day then an Indian at night )
Drink £125 (potentially more but prob an avergae assumption)
Gambling £150 ( depends on success but realistically an average loss of £150 is what i usually expect, tho once the drink kicks in horses, roulette, dogs, next frame betting etc things can get carried away.

So 3 days id prob say if your totally wanting to go crazy with the drink and gambling and allowing for other costs youd need a grand anyway <ok>

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:Lads

I stayed in the travel lodge last year, its cheap and cheerful but clean all the same and only a 5 min walk from the Crucible. It can be as cheap or expensive as you want really.....depends how much you want to spend at the bookies inside the Crucible ;-)

Tickets are £15 per session - Reflex is free in and you get a bunch of hen party's for the criac!

Postby Smart

What you have to remember is that if you like the betting aspect (which you do), then being in the crucible bar area is like a sort of betters mecca. They have a betting booth and cater for horses, dogs, footie, snooker, just about everything. So if a particular session is not that appealing then having a few beers plus a few bets is probably a nice way to spend that time. Also sitting in 3 session can be pretty intense going.

I always stay at the Novotel which is on the expensive side but I figure that cos I am bringing the Mrs and little one they should have a decent hotel to spend the time whilst not shopping and whilst I am snake hissing it up or watching snooker.

PremierInn and BestWestern are good options if you are not gonna be there very much due to boozing.

Sheffield city centre for shopping and boozing is very nice, and I would recommend it to any snooker fan as a place to visit. :hatoff:

Postby Bourne

I'd probably get the train up tbh unless i've bought a car by then which I am thinkin' about maybe in Feb/March time. As i've never been to the Crucible before and every snooker fan's gota do it some time, i'd probably be like a monk the first day and watch every minute of the action so the first day i'd save a lot on the drink and gambling haha, but the next two days i'd probably wana enjoy myself a bit more.

So R1 lasts Saturday till the first Thursday/Friday ain't it ? I'd probably fancy something like a Tuesday > Thursday visit or Weds/Fri, when yous all going up ?