Topic locked

Re: ROLL CALL

Postby SnookerFan

beergitte wrote:We might be going this year :happy:

If we do go, it'll most likely be for semi's and/or possibly the final.

:D :D

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:
Witz78 wrote:November

sod the final, youd be better getting three times as many days worth of tickets for the same price

then again your only going to watch snooker so the first week of partying prob aint up your street :D

Any idea how much the tickets are this year?

opening weekend

20quid a session

first week

15 quid morning
20 quid afternoon and evening tickets

middle weekend

20 quid a session

quarters

25 quid 1st 2 sessions, 30 quid final session

semis

30 quid 1st 3 sessions, 35quid final session

final 50 quid 1st 3 sessions, 65 quid final session

------------------------------------

not sure what my plan of attack will be

last couple of years ive done my main visit from the Tuesday / Wednesday to the Sunday / Monday of the middle weekend.

I like to be there for opening weekend but did a Saturday to Wedneday stint 3 years ago and the Sunday night out was dire and Mon and Tues werent that great either, so tend to focus my trip on heading when the nightlifes going to be at its optimum level <ok>

They doing what they did last year and starting the final at 2pm?

Postby Alex0paul

Tickets on sale on saturday if anyone didn't know

Postby Witz78

not sure what my plans are re:tickets for this

after the last few years i grudge forking out a fortune on tickets when the reality is that despite my plans beforehand, once i get down there the urge to party it up and hit the drink always takes over.

if they had a seperate ticket for sale that got u all day entry into the bar / bookies area for say £20 id buy up a lash of them instead as theres always someone kicking about you could borrow a ticket off to see the action.

even my plan last year of a 5 day visit with the lads and a "sensible" 2 day visit purely to watch snooker didnt work out, other than the opening and ending frames of Trump - Robbo i was propped up the bar the rest of the time...

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Tickets on sale on saturday if anyone didn't know

you waiting to see if jack qualifies :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:not sure what my plans are re:tickets for this

after the last few years i grudge forking out a fortune on tickets when the reality is that despite my plans beforehand, once i get down there the urge to party it up and hit the drink always takes over.

if they had a seperate ticket for sale that got u all day entry into the bar / bookies area for say £20 id buy up a lash of them instead as theres always someone kicking about you could borrow a ticket off to see the action.

even my plan last year of a 5 day visit with the lads and a "sensible" 2 day visit purely to watch snooker didnt work out, other than the opening and ending frames of Trump - Robbo i was propped up the bar the rest of the time...

why wont you just go out and party in glasgow :chin:

Postby Witz78

itll be very hypocritical of Snookerfan if he buys up his tickets this weekend

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:not sure what my plans are re:tickets for this

why wont you just go out and party in glasgow :chin:

the Reflex in Glasgow is a pub, not a club so it shuts at midnight <ok>

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:itll be very hypocritical of Snookerfan if he buys up his tickets this weekend

Are they on sale this weekend - for the Crucible?

Postby Witz78

yeh Sat 9am i think

Snookerfan is making a stance and wont be buying his till the middle of April once the qualifiers are done and the draw is made........

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:yeh Sat 9am i think

Snookerfan is making a stance and wont be buying his till the middle of April once the qualifiers are done and the draw is made........

Its getting earlier every year. I was slow to snap them up last year and missed out a bit - although I was lucky at the venue to get some good return seats.

I will be setting the alarm for Saturday morning then :-)

Postby Witz78

anyone hitting the Shootout by the way, i was tossing up :limp: between the UK and Masters but decided to skip them both in favour of the Shootout as theres a few of my crew up for hitting the whole 3 days. Im especially looking forward to the drunken 5....4....3....2...1 countdowns :D

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:what days u gonna be going?

First weekend again I think + the first Monday. I said last year that I would go to the middle weekend, but I just get the impression more is happening the first few days.

Can't wait already!

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:
Witz78 wrote:what days u gonna be going?

First weekend again I think + the first Monday. I said last year that I would go to the middle weekend, but I just get the impression more is happening the first few days.

Can't wait already!

yeh i agree the opening weekend / week def the best time to go when all players are there and theres a carnival atmosphere about the place.

2nd week when the serious stuff starts at the business end of the tournament so ill happily leave that to the snooker geeks who dont miss a single ball being potted and are tucked up in their beds long before midnight with a cheese roll, an apple and the latest copy of Snooker Scene :limp:

Postby Bourne

Leave Snookerfan and his habits alone :chuckle:

Postby Witz78

and if im kicking about that 1st weekend maybe a return visit to Reflex with Verhass will be in order haha

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:and if im kicking about that 1st weekend maybe a return visit to Reflex with Verhass will be in order haha

Sounds like a plan. Also, don't forget the dancepole :excite:

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:
Witz78 wrote:and if im kicking about that 1st weekend maybe a return visit to Reflex with Verhass will be in order haha

Sounds like a plan. Also, don't forget the dancepole :excite:

dont forget? :?

er i dont want to remember it :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:itll be very hypocritical of Snookerfan if he buys up his tickets this weekend

I knew you'd send make some kind of diss. rofl Though it's not if you actually read what I said. :spot on:

Postby Alex0paul

Anyone getting their tickets tomorrow?

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul wrote:Anyone getting their tickets tomorrow?

normally i book them up straight away but waiting to see what next week brings

3 interviews so if i land a job ill be booking up to America with the boys at Easter so Crucible trip will be reduced.

Postby Casey

Alex0paul wrote:Anyone getting their tickets tomorrow?

I'm getting some.

Postby Roland

I'm thinking middle weekend

Postby Casey

Just bought some tickets. The first 3/4 rows at the table front and side are not for sale. They wouldn't have been sold out so I'm not sure why that is. All tickets are £20 + £2 payment charge.

Postby Alex0paul

Got mine for the opening weekend

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:Just bought some tickets. The first 3/4 rows at the table front and side are not for sale. They wouldn't have been sold out so I'm not sure why that is. All tickets are £20 + £2 payment charge.

£2 payment charge for EACH ticket?

you didnt buy all the tickets individually did you?

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:Just bought some tickets. The first 3/4 rows at the table front and side are not for sale. They wouldn't have been sold out so I'm not sure why that is. All tickets are £20 + £2 payment charge.

rofl

yeah like 10 separate phone calls rofl

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:

Nope, all at once.

Postby Casey

Alex0paul wrote:Got mine for the opening weekend

Yea thats the weekend I am going. What was up with the first 3 rows not going on sale?