Post a reply

Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Thursday 8th ~ Sunday 11th of February at the Watford Colosseum

Unbelievably This event is on again this year how ill never know but there we are.

some like it others are indifferent most genuine snooker fans loath it with a passion since its now a ranking event.

But Snooker Island tries to cater for everyone so here a thread to who it may interest.

Who will win it? does anyonec care.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image

Image

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby SnookerFan

I sent the following e-mail to ITV. (To the same e-mail address I e-mailed them about last year.)

The e-mail was as follows;

To ITV,


I've complimented you before on your snooker coverage, I believe it is for the most part excellent. The experts and commentators you get in know a lot about the sport, and can discuss it passionately and comprehensively. That isn't the case on some of the channels that show snooker. *ahem* BBC.


I enjoyed your recent Champion of Champions event. And watched the whole final from my sofa.


However, unfortunately I won't be watching any of the upcoming Shootout event. (Televised between the 8th and 11 February.) Not because of the event as it is, but because I just don't believe it should be a ranking event, and until that changes, you won't get a second of my viewership. It's played with different rules, and as such shouldn't affect a players rank.


I understand that this unfair decision wasn't one ITV took, it was taken by World Snooker. So, I'm sending this e-mail to you, not to have a go at you. I do enjoy your snooker coverage. But I wish to inform you that this decision by World Snooker is disliked by a lot of fans, and at least one of them (me) will chose not to tune in until the decision is reversed.


Thanks for your otherwise fine coverage of the sport.

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dear SnookerFan,

Thank you for your recent email regarding our snooker coverage.

I can confirm that your comments have been logged here at ITV and will be fed back to the relevant teams.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV Viewer Services.

If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Fair point about being a ranking event, but i have watched this for last couple of years and enjoyed it immensely. Great to see the players looking relaxed and not take it too seriously for a change. The crowd really get involved and get to see loads of their favourite players at one sitting. I will tune in over the weekend and see who becomes the new Speedy Gonzales snooker champion. It's a bit of fun really.

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby Wildey

the crowds are brainless morons that would turn up to a letter opening if they can shout a bit and act stupis.

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:the crowds are brainless morons that would turn up to a letter opening if they can shout a bit and act stupis.


Stupis?

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:Fair point about being a ranking event, but i have watched this for last couple of years and enjoyed it immensely. Great to see the players looking relaxed and not take it too seriously for a change. The crowd really get involved and get to see loads of their favourite players at one sitting. I will tune in over the weekend and see who becomes the new Speedy Gonzales snooker champion. It's a bit of fun really.


Exactly the reasons it shouldn't be a ranker.

It's existence isn't the problem.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 07 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Fair point about being a ranking event, but i have watched this for last couple of years and enjoyed it immensely. Great to see the players looking relaxed and not take it too seriously for a change. The crowd really get involved and get to see loads of their favourite players at one sitting. I will tune in over the weekend and see who becomes the new Speedy Gonzales snooker champion. It's a bit of fun really.


Exactly the reasons it shouldn't be a ranker.

It's excitense isn't the problem.

The exact bucking reason I wanted this god forsaken crap scraped in the first place has bucking happen. hammers in high places has made it a bucking ranking tournament.

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby SnookerFan

It doesn't need to be scrapped, in my opinion.

I never much cared for it myself. But if people wanted to watch it or enjoy it, that's their right. As an invitational event it wasn't doing any harm. If you didn't like it, there was no compulsion to watch it.

However, when this affects a players rank, then I have a problem with it. It isn't snooker, it's different rules. It's basically a different game. It would be like if Barry Hearn awarded ranking points to snooker players for a 3-cushion billiards tournament. It's intrinsically unfair.

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby Deewee

Also Craigie, Bolton and Vafaei are out. Those pesky visa issues with Vafaei, thought they would have been sorted already. Are they going to follow him for his entire career or what? Anyway, they've all been replaced by amateurs, so there are 16 amateurs out of the 128.

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:Also Craigie, Bolton and Vafaei are out. Those pesky visa issues with Vafaei, thought they would have been sorted already. Are they going to follow him for his entire career or what? Anyway, they've all been replaced by amateurs, so there are 16 amateurs out of the 128.


:|

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby Deewee

SnookerFan wrote:
Deewee wrote:Also Craigie, Bolton and Vafaei are out. Those pesky visa issues with Vafaei, thought they would have been sorted already. Are they going to follow him for his entire career or what? Anyway, they've all been replaced by amateurs, so there are 16 amateurs out of the 128.


:|

I agree.

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Rishi Persad @RishiPersad1
Watford. I’m coming. #snooker #shootout @ITV4

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

If I was a top player, I'd be embarrassed to be seen playing in this.

This is one that should be left for the dregs of the tour to fight over.

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Ken gets beaten and is straight into the commentary box. He really likes this fun snooker. What's seldom is wonderful.

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Very boisterous crowd in today. There's always a few who love tve sound of their own voice.

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby Dan-cat

yes but no visitors will find the thread because some wag (Wildey) put it in the junkyard. Can it be moved back please somewhere sensible? Like it or not it's in the calendar and it's popular and who knows we might pick up some new users if this thread was where it's supposed to be

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:yes but no visitors will find the thread because some wag (Wildey) put it in the junkyard. Can it be moved back please somewhere sensible? Like it or not it's in the calendar and it's popular and who knows we might pick up some new users if this thread was where it's supposed to be


I think we should listen to Dan-Cat.

He saved Snooker Island. Without it, it'll still be a blank white screen. <ok>

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:If I was a top player, I'd be embarrassed to be seen playing in this.

This is one that should be left for the dregs of the tour to fight over.


It's 3 days long, and literally any player could walk away with £30k... I think I'd take my chances!