Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Semi Final Discussion!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:If Ding beats Ebdon today, it'll be an interesting situation, with the finalists both being very close to being out in one of their matches. And despite Ding being 4-0 down, you could argue Maguire came even closer to going home.

Either way you could have a story of the winner having quite a clear turning point early in the tournament.

Ebdon also won a decider against Higgins. John needed snookers, got one and tried to clear the colours but missed and Peter won. That's also pretty close to being out in my opinion.

That's true. That slipped my mind as not a match I'd watched.

There's been some drama this week, aint there? :-D In between Eurosport's ramblings about the mid-session intervals being controversial. <doh>

Postby Wildey

hitman_ronnie1 wrote:
randam05 wrote:I would love him to win. Such a good player and great character/personality.

nice enough guy tbh.

just a shame he plays like a runt. :-D

he plays his game and who can say his Game is Wrong 8 Ranking Titles,World and UK Champion and at the age of 41 reaches a World Ranking semi final.

ok he plays a game that suffocates players whitch Robbo found out yesterday but thats the challange players should look forward to play they are used to playing Ronnie clones thats the way the game has gone but Ebdon gives them a different challange they should Revel in.

Postby SnookerFan

Must confess, I too find Peter Ebdon boring at times. But you can't make a complaint about how he plays. The game is called snooker, not pot the balls as quickly as you can.

I can confirm he's a nice guy too, having met him. Despite not personally being a big fan of style.

Postby Alpha

Would have absolutely no complaints if Ebdon won the tournament, having beaten Higgins and Robertson and having to beat Ding and Maguire to go all the way. Say what you want about Ebdon's speed around the table, he's a former World and UK Champion who's made over 2oo career centuries. Plus he seems like a real gent off the table.

Postby Wildey

it will be impossible for ebdon to compete with Ding in potting or Breakbuilding even a safety Game so expect Psychological warfare this afternoon.

Postby Andre147

Alpha wrote:Would have absolutely no complaints if Ebdon won the tournament, having beaten Higgins and Robertson and having to beat Ding and Maguire to go all the way. Say what you want about Ebdon's speed around the table, he's a former World and UK Champion who's made over 2oo career centuries. Plus he seems like a real gent off the table.

Yes I agree, I would like Ebdon to win this event because then he would play in the premier league rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl That would be something to relish I reckon.. :john: :john: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:4-3 Ebdon.

Peter is grinding Ding down and it's working ...

Yes, at 3-1 I thought it was going to be all Ding.

Ebdon is digging in though, and has made it his type of game. Ding looks like he's struggling out there.

Postby SnookerFan

Quite enjoyed that match, if I'm honest.

A lot of the frames were long, but I don't think they were necessarily boring ones. Ebdon showed us some tough match-play out there, and from 3-1 up, Ding struggled.

Tomorrow's match isn't necessarily who I'd have predicted to be in it, but it's a hard-one to call.

Postby SnookerFan

snooky147 wrote:Gamesmanship at its worst from Ebdon. Regularly taking 2 minutes plus on straightforward shots. I suppose it's to be expected from him though.

I disagree. I don't see anything that he did that was illegal. He played his own game. A game that he is well known for playing. Ding struggled to match Ebdon's intensity. Are we implying Ebdon should've played a game different to his natural game, to give Ding the best chance of winning?

Postby Skullman

Guess who has the best family ever, who let mess around on snooker websites on the Internet :D

Good to see Mags win. I thought it would be closer when I saw it went to 2-2 before leaving for the airport.
:hatoff: Ebdon. Pulled out some performance there to beat Ding, winning 5 frames in a row. I hope Eurosport recorded it all so I can see it when I go back.

Expect Mags to win tomorrow, but said the same about Robbo, Higgins and Ding.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:Gamesmanship at its worst from Ebdon. Regularly taking 2 minutes plus on straightforward shots. I suppose it's to be expected from him though.

i wanted ding to win but TBH its a poor reflection on him or anyone else if they let someone get to them like that....

ebdon should be a challange instead players are constantly seen shaking their heads.

Postby Andre147

Wonderful matchplay snooker from Ebdon there.. from 3-1 down, dug in deep and kept Ding off the table for most of the contest.. Yes sometimes he took over 2 min on certain shots, but thats nothing new.. he can do that to whoever he faces, thats his style of play, nothing else.. he did pot some cracking balls.. that pink and then the position for black was quite something.

And just look at the players he had to beat to reach the final this week: Stevens, Higgins, Robertson and now Ding, they dont come much tougher than that, I can assure you, especially those last 3 opponents. and he even had a wildcard match, who can sometimes cause surprises..

Now I definately want him to win this, fully deserves it, and then gets a spot on the Premier League :-D :-D rofl rofl and I think he has a definite chance, because he can get inside Mags head quite easily, Maguire often loses his head and starts banging his cue when things arent going his way or if it gets too tactical... if Mags doesnt play his own game, and gets in the "web" created by Peter, than I think Ebdon will frustrate him and will win..

Let´s see what happens tomorrow