Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Semi Final Discussion!!!!

Postby snooky147

SnookerFan wrote:
snooky147 wrote:Gamesmanship at its worst from Ebdon. Regularly taking 2 minutes plus on straightforward shots. I suppose it's to be expected from him though.

I disagree. I don't see anything that he did that was illegal. He played his own game. A game that he is well known for playing. Ding struggled to match Ebdon's intensity. Are we implying Ebdon should've played a game different to his natural game, to give Ding the best chance of winning?

No, Not at all, But I am of the mindset that he knew exactly what he was doing, and that was to put his opponent off through slow play. Some of the shots he took time on were so simple that any half decent amateur would have played them well in a tenth of the time. In my mind it's borderline cheating, I have always held that view on him when he gets like this, and that is really the point. He doesn't do it as bad all the time so it's all the more apparent that when he does do it it is just timewasting and gamesmanship, pure and simple.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
All views expressed are my own and not that of any player.

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Semi Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Odrl

Andre147 wrote:and I think he has a definite chance, because he can get inside Mags head quite easily, Maguire often loses his head and starts banging his cue when things arent going his way or if it gets too tactical... if Mags doesnt play his own game, and gets in the "web" created by Peter, than I think Ebdon will frustrate him and will win..

Certainly a possibility, although I'm not too sure if it's tactical play that frustrates Maguire. He is usually quite disciplined in the safety exchanges. It's not usually the opponent that causes it either, it's more about his own bad shots and wasted chances. He can quite easily get frustrated in the middle of one-visit exchanges if he breaks down. Or on the other hand, he can keep his discipline in a fragmented match, when he feels things are going his way. :-)