Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Quarter Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Odrl

I enjoyed the match, a real battle with some excellent single shots, and a couple of interesting situations developing in every frame. I think Ebdon will find it a lot more difficult against Ding. He has a good record against Robertson, but a poor one against Ding. ;-)

Excellent day of snooker, the best of the week so far. Whatever type of snooker you enjoy, I think there was something for everyone today. Hoping for something similar tomorrow. :-)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:How do people see his match with Ding going? I personally think that Ding should have too much, but I think he'd be more susceptible to grinding than Robbo was.

If Robbo is that unsusceptible to grinding why has he lost every match against Ebdon then? I don't think there are many more players with a worse h2h record against Peter.

Postby PLtheRef

Table up and Template up for the Semis

We've now got eight people left (four dropped below the magic 0 points). Wild suffering a 7995 swing against him.
Last edited by PLtheRef on 30 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:How do people see his match with Ding going? I personally think that Ding should have too much, but I think he'd be more susceptible to grinding than Robbo was.

If Robbo is that unsusceptible to grinding why has he lost every match against Ebdon then? I don't think there are many more players with a worse h2h record against Peter.

He's not immune to it, he just copes with better than Ding does, in my opinion.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

You didn't answer the question :gag:

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I did. Robbo's not immune to grinding and he faced the master.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I did. Robbo's not immune to grinding and he faced the master.

That would mean Robbo is more susceptible to grinding than almost every other player on the tour. So, there have to be other reasons - Carter for example has no problem at all with Ebdon.

So your original statement that Ding could lose because he's more susceptible to grinding than Robbo doesn't make sense.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:That would mean Robbo is more susceptible to grinding than almost every other player on the tour. So, there have to be other reasons - Carter for example has no problem at all with Ebdon.

So your original statement that Ding could lose because he's more susceptible to grinding than Robbo doesn't make sense.

Ding seems more easily frustatable than Robbo :shrug:

As for Carter, I don't know how he does it as I've never seen the two of them play each other.