Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Quarter Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Robbo or Mags for me. Nothing against Ding, Carter, Ebdon or Lee.

rofl rofl So I assume by not putting Ronnie or Trump on that list you have something against them.. too bad..

:shrug: I have no idea why I dislike Trump. Something about him just irks me.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Robbo or Mags for me. Nothing against Ding, Carter, Ebdon or Lee.

rofl rofl So I assume by not putting Ronnie or Trump on that list you have something against them.. too bad..

I know the feeling... I feel the exact same thing about Higgins and your beloved Selby.. although my reasons are pretty clear..

Postby Muppet147

Andre147 wrote:I know the feeling... I feel the exact same thing about Higgins and your beloved Selby.. although my reasons are pretty clear..

I agree wholeheartedly about those two. I can't stand Robertson either. It has something to do with their approach to the game. Trump and O'Sullivan, by contrast, are a joy to watch and I'm looking forward to their (possible) semi-final in this tournament.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think the winner of Maguire/Ronnie will make the final in the top half, in the bottom half I strongly fancy Ding.

Not too sure about that, if Judd comes through his match against Lee, mags or most possibly Ronnie will have it very tough against Judd.. I do honestly hope youre right though, a Ronnie v Ding final in china would be quite something

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I know the feeling... I feel the exact same thing about Higgins and your beloved Selby.. although my reasons are pretty clear..

I agree wholeheartedly about those two. I can't stand Robertson either. It has something to do with their approach to the game. Trump and O'Sullivan, by contrast, are a joy to watch and I'm looking forward to their (possible) semi-final in this tournament.

I like Robbo very much though, one of my favourites.. I like Trump when he doesnt play Ronnie of course, because when those two meet I will be always backing Ronnie to win.. yeah a semi between them would be great.. but both have tough matches, espeacially Judd, as lee is the man of the moment since the Masters I reckon.. he has been really really strong since then

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think the winner of Maguire/Ronnie will make the final in the top half, in the bottom half I strongly fancy Ding.

Not too sure about that, if Judd comes through his match against Lee, mags or most possibly Ronnie will have it very tough against Judd.. I do honestly hope youre right though, a Ronnie v Ding final in china would be quite something

What about Robbo in the bottom half? Ding won't have it easy against him.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I know the feeling... I feel the exact same thing about Higgins and your beloved Selby.. although my reasons are pretty clear..

The thing is I have absolutley nothing about Ronnie or Judd's style of play. I'm know why I don't like Ronnie, I'm just not sure why I dislike Judd.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yes you´re absolultely right, how could I forget it <doh> <doh> Robbo, along with Judd, were my finalists precdictions, so yeah Ding will have it very tough if both come through their respective matches, as I´m sure they both will.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

The problem with Robbo is that he ALWAYS struggles outside the UK. Look at the players he has beaten and the scoreline:
5-4 Cope, 5-3 Hendry not very convincing.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

The problem with Robbo is that he ALWAYS struggles outside the UK. Look at the players he has beaten and the scoreline:

:shrug: He made the semis in Shanghai and only just lost out to Williams when he was still playing well. Plus Robbo's the type of player who improves every round and by the semis is hard to beat.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

:shrug: He made the semis in Shanghai and only just lost out to Williams when he was still playing well. Plus Robbo's the type of player who improves every round and by the semis is hard to beat.

:spot on:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:

A Trump v Ronnie semi could be a classic but Lee is probably the most consistent player of the world right now and Judd is struggling a little bit at the moment.

In a Lee v Ronnie semi I can't see Stephen winning.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

That's correct but besides that he did very little in proper ranking events outside the UK (that means no Bahrain Championship).

Look here

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:That's correct but besides that he did very little in proper ranking events outside the UK (that means no Bahrain Championship).

Look here

Why exclude Bahrain? It was a ranker, and outside the UK. Anyway before this season Robbo had never made it past the quarters in the UK/Masters and was a semi finalist/winner. Patterns are there to be broken and he has a decent chance to make another semi.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:That's correct but besides that he did very little in proper ranking events outside the UK (that means no Bahrain Championship).

Look here

Why exclude Bahrain? It was a ranker, and outside the UK. Anyway before this season Robbo had never made it past the quarters in the UK/Masters and was a semi finalist/winner. Patterns are there to be broken and he has a decent chance to make another semi.

I exclude Bahrain because Ding, Ronnie, Higgins and Selby couldn't participate.

Also I fancy him to make the semis but I'm pretty sure Ding will be way too strong after that massive boost in round one.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Look here

Also I fancy him to make the semis but I'm pretty sure Ding will be way too strong after that massive boost in round one.

Don't know how helpful that will be to be honest. If Ding had blitzed Selby, I'd be more worried about Robbo, but Ding hasn't played since Tuesday and has lost a bit of momentum. Ronnie didn't just win because of the Higginson match, he had time to build himself up and gain some momentum beating Perry and Stevens.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Look here

Don't know how helpful that will be to be honest. If Ding had blitzed Selby, I'd be more worried about Robbo, but Ding hasn't played since Tuesday and has lost a bit of momentum. Ronnie didn't just win because of the Higginson match, he had time to build himself up and gain some momentum beating Perry and Stevens.

That's a decent point. Let's see what happens but it's not only Robertson who gets stronger at the business end of tournaments, Ding has that winner mentality also.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Look here

That's a decent point. Let's see what happens but it's not only Robertson who gets stronger at the business end of tournaments, Ding has that winner mentality also.

I agree.. For me, the perfect semis line up would be Ronnie v Trump and Ding v Robbo, both on paper could be absolute crackers. but first they have to get past their opponents, and in Trump´s or Ronnie's case, not easy

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:That's a decent point. Let's see what happens but it's not only Robertson who gets stronger at the business end of tournaments, Ding has that winner mentality also.

They've only met at the business end of a ranker once (2009 Grand Prix) and Robbo destroyed Ding.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

A Trump v Ronnie semi could be a classic but Lee is probably the most consistent player of the world right now and Judd is struggling a little bit at the moment.

i dont think trump is strugling players just lifting their game against him hes still playing to a high level of play and will have to much for Lee tomorrow.

Postby The Cueist

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

i dont think trump is strugling players just lifting their game against him hes still playing to a high level of play and will have to much for Lee tomorrow.

I think not. :hmmm:

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

People thought that Robbo had too much for Lee in Galway and looked what happened. Trump's level has dropped slightly and that has been enough for the top players to exploit.

Postby hendry_fan

:-D Good morning all,rise n shine!. :-D

Judd Trump v Stephen Lee

What a tough one to call,i would,nt even bet my garden shed never mind my house on this one!. :-D

Stephen Maguire v Ronnie O'Sullivan

NNNNNNNNNNNo,not agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain!!!. :irk: :roll:

This ones even harder to call!!. :dizzy: :roll: :mood: <laugh>

Maguire would be better gettin on the plane home this morning,he,s gonna get beaten like he always does when he plays Ronnie!. :zzz: <laugh>

Ding Junhui v Ali Carter

:clap: To Carter for even gettin this far after all he,s been through!.
.i won,t be surprised if Carter was to go even further in this tourney and beat Ding today!.

Neil Robertson v Peter Ebdon

Good to see Ebdon in a 1/4 final,it seems donkeys years since he got this far.

Come on Peter,send that aussie with "the extraodinary hair" back to the hair dressers!!!!. ;-) <laugh>

Postby Roland

Up early so watching the snooker. Wonder if Maguire can put the German final out of his mind or rather, if he can play to the same level and ask the same question of Ronnie.