Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Last 16 Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

The Cueist wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:
The Cueist wrote:
Wild wrote:
John From London Town wrote:Serious dish from Robbo this will be if he does it. I wouldn't worry too much about the missed black tho, the Great One looks like he's getting pretty close to being back in the zone.

yes overall his game does look like its slowly coming together again....to much to ask it reaches its 90s standard but im happy how hes playing just needs a run to get some confidence.

90's standard=90's tables,These tables are more difficult in to play. :sad:

Behave yourself are they. You only have to flick off the pack and the reds break like a starburst.

Wild,If you play snooker you would know that they are trying to achieve two ball control on a virtual sheet of ice with the knowledge that if the shot is not cued and timed right it rattles in the very tight pocket.

Real knowledge,Not assumed. ;-)

i did say cueball control is hard but ask these players if they want 90s tables they would say NO.

Postby Wildey

Robbo proved to strong for Hendry after Hendry Came across a straight Red in to the corner and Missed after a Pressure Long Blue that was disapointing to say the least.

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:Robbo proved to strong for Hendry after Hendry Came across a straight Red in to the corner and Missed after a Pressure Long Blue that was disapointing to say the least.

Yes, but still Hendry played well, was unluckt at some times when he pots some good long pots only to be on no colour, so had to be play safe. Robbo was too good for him in the end, much better than his match against Cope.

4-3 to Higgins, but Ebdon about to draw level.. honestly didnt expect Ebdon to be so challeging against John, but in a way it´s no surprise given John´s form this season

Postby Andre147

Decider in the Higgins v Ebdon match... Dont know who´s got more chances of going through, though I always fancy John in a decider, although he has proved this season that he isnt as clinical as he used to be in deciders.. we shall see

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wild wrote:Robbo proved to strong for Hendry after Hendry Came across a straight Red in to the corner and Missed after a Pressure Long Blue that was disapointing to say the least.

Yes, but still Hendry played well, was unluckt at some times when he pots some good long pots only to be on no colour, so had to be play safe. Robbo was too good for him in the end, much better than his match against Cope.

4-3 to Higgins, but Ebdon about to draw level.. honestly didnt expect Ebdon to be so challeging against John, but in a way it´s no surprise given John´s form this season

yes that was a good match from Hendry normally in recent times when one or 2 things goes wrong his head and composure goes to pants but he Kept it together well i thought.

yes John not at the races Really itll be interesting if he comes through how he will play vs Robertson.

Postby Wildey

Ebdon could snatch victory in the decider after being 3-1 down at the interval :shrug: hes been rubbish all season but somehow he always has one good event in him per season.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:My question is did Hendry actually play well or has he finally learned to dig in?? The latter would be better for his career, he'd soon be back in the top 16...

the 3 frames he won was the type he hated he actually won one needing a snooker but he just looks more capable ie Body Language than he has Looked for a very long time.

i think being out of the top 16 has relaxed him a bit he just needs confidence but a Run is the only thing that will give him that.

Postby John From London Town

gallantrabbit wrote:Tears beginning to well from Peter? Honestly though we need the odd oddball like Ebbo. Gotta love him. Cmon get over the line!!!

Trust your well gallant mate.
Mental isn't it. Come the World's Peter Ebdon always start practicing & putting the work in again. Hard nut to crack when he's on his game, eh?
What about John Higgins tho? Where's he provisionally ranked I wonder? He'll be the next player everyone will be talking about questioning his Top 16 place. Is he any good? :chuckle:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:I notice a lot of people have got Ali Carter to beat Lu Ning in the Prediction League today. I'm not sure. Ning played so, so well against Murphy. I'm really hoping it wasn't a one-off.

Carter fussed about discussing whether he was going to come or not this week, and whether he should retire or not and gave several :zzz: twitter rants, whereas Lu Ning looked in every way Shaun's superior yesterday.

Of course, he's 18 and an amateur, so experience/nerves might catch up with him. But he didn't look nervous at all yesterday. My first reaction after the match was; "Tournament winner". Maybe an overreaction based on one performance, but what a performance it was.

I really hope he can repeat it over Ali today.

you tosser pmsl

Postby Andre147

John From London Town wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Tears beginning to well from Peter? Honestly though we need the odd oddball like Ebbo. Gotta love him. Cmon get over the line!!!

Mental isn't it. Come the World's Peter Ebdon always start practicing & putting the work in again. Hard nut to crack when he's on his game, eh?
What about John Higgins tho? Where's he provisionally ranked I wonder? He'll be the next player everyone will be talking about questioning his Top 16 place. Is he any good? :chuckle:

He is still well and truly safe in the top 16, even if he goes out first round in the Worlds.. if next season John has a similar one to this then he can start worrying, but at the moment he shouldnt be too concerned about that.. I still think he has a few 2 or 3 titles left in him, he is far too good a player not to.

Postby gallantrabbit

I am well mate and you? Ebbo looks like he's going to tumble, but you know he takes everything in life seriously so you just don't write him off easily. I do think he should be a little less intense about every ball and relax a wee bit.
I think JH might up the practice from now on in too... write him off for the worlds? No way.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Bingham not pleased;

Stuart Bingham‏@Stuart__Bingham Got out lucked again by the Trumpster! He's 1 lucky f****r! Even worse is that I'm stuck out here till Sunday! Can't wait to get home! :-(

what a terrible thing Twitter is, absolute ass-hole convention <ok>

Postby Andre147

gallantrabbit wrote:

I am well mate and you? Ebbo looks like he's going to tumble, but you know he takes everything in life seriously so you just don't write him off easily. I do think he should be a little less intense about every ball and relax a wee bit.
I think JH might up the practice from now on in too... write him off for the worlds? No way.

Exactly, the Worlds is a totally DIFERENT tournamnet to the rest, and John had a very similar season in 2006/2007.. Didnt win anything up until the Worlds, and then came out all guns blazzing and won his 2nd World title. He can still turn his season around by winning the Worlds, and if h practices hard and is in the right frame of mind, I think he can do it

Postby Wildey

Higgins Gets the snooker needed but it was invain as Ebdon wraps up the victory and reaches the Quarter Final with a 5-4 victory

Postby Andre147

Well done Peter :happy: :D :happy: from 3-1 down, dug in deep and recovered well, and fully deserves his victory.. now earns a match with Robbo..

Higgins just has the Worlds left, but as I said before, dont discount him, as it is a totally diferent tournament to the rest

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Online for the first time today. Shame Mark had to withdraw and Walden was beaten in a decider :(

Lu Ning looked nothing like yesterday, Carter actually did a good job on him. Good to see Ali winning matches again.

And now I see Ebdon is the last match to finish of course, and he pulls a very good win out of the bag.

Still think Lee or Robertson will claim the title now though, O'Sullivan aswell now looks very good haha.

Postby John From London Town

gallantrabbit wrote:I think JH might up the practice from now on in too... write him off for the worlds? No way.

Yeah I'm sound thanks. Hitting the beer later. :chuckle:
I just had another look at the draw. If he wins his first match he's got Stuart Bingham. If he wins that he's got Graeme Dott or Stephen Maguire. If he wins that he's got Judd Trump. If he wins that my auntie's got bollicks mate.

Postby Andre147

gallantrabbit wrote:I think JH might up the practice from now on in too... write him off for the worlds? No way.

Yeah I'm sound thanks. Hitting the beer later. :chuckle:
I just had another look at the draw. If he wins his first match he's got Stuart Bingham. If he wins that he's got Graeme Dott or Stephen Maguire. If he wins that he's got Judd Trump. If he wins that my auntie's got bollicks mate.

I think Higgins has a very good chance of reaching the semis, and then like you said might lose against Trump, because I reckon if he plays Judd in the semis Judd wont make the same mistakes he made against John last year, he has a better safety game now and will be bang up for it I´m sure.. Higgins couldnt wish for a better draw, at least until the semis