Topic locked

Bank Of Beijing China Open Last 16 Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 26th of March - Sunday 1st of April at the Beijing Student University Stadium, China

After the Last 32 Mark Allen the World Open Champion is out but Marching on is Defending Champion Judd Trump and last years Runner up Mark Selby.

Also there is Defending World Champion John Higgins and 2010 World Champion Neil Robertson who will Play Stephen Hendry again after Welsh Open and World Open.

and Also still there after a well Quite Amazing Win from a Crazy Match is Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Who Will Progress to the Quarter Finals ?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Last 16 Discussion!!!!

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:Thursday 29th of March

7.30am BST

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Williams
Judd Trump v Stuart Bingham
Stephen Maguire v Ricky Walden
Stephen Lee v Graeme Dott

12.30pm BST

Mark Selby v Ding Junhui
Ali Carter v Lu Ning
Neil Robertson v Stephen Hendry
Peter Ebdon v John Higgins

Is that gonna be the order for the televised tables? Ronnie v Mark; Judd v Bingham; Selby v Ding and Carter v Ning?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I don't want to get ahead of myself but I think Ronnie has a decent chance to make the final now. He bottom half is loaded but the top one isn't that bad.

Williams - Maguire - Lee could be Ronnie's path to the final

I know it's outragous to talk about the final after such an performance but we all know what Ronnie can do ...

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I don't want to get ahead of myself but I think Ronnie has a decent chance to make the final now. He bottom half is loaded but the top one isn't that bad.

Williams - Maguire - Lee could be Ronnie's path to the final

I know it's outragous to talk about the final after such an performance but we all know what Ronnie can do ...

Lee will certainly have Judd in the quarters, no easy match for him at all.. i imagine Judd or lee will get into the semis, but my feeling is Judd will make it there and to the final, and if somehow Ronnie faces Judd in the semis, it will be very tough for him, but it´s early days to talk about that, still has Williams and next Maguire or walden first

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Too many wide open matches, can only see Lee, Trump, Robertson and Higgins definitely progressing.

Other matches are too close to call, and even with the four names I think will make it comfortably through I bet one or two of them will depart knowing me.

If Trump is to meet Lee, Lee is more than capable of beating him with his form. He is cueing nicely still, and yet again picked up a comfortable win yesterday. Dott hasn't been in the best of form, he usually leaves his heroics for Sheffield.

O'Sullivan, Trump, Walden, Lee, Selby, Ning, Robertson and Higgins are the players I see progressing.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Trump isn't in the same form he was a couple of months ago. He became very beatable lately, he even struggled against White.

Agreed. It'll be interesting to see how long it'll take for him to recapture that form. It was never going to stay forever, but he's proven his class. He's won tournaments. The big challenge for him now is working out whether he can recapture lost form.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Wild wrote:Thursday 29th of March

7.30am BST

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Williams
Judd Trump v Stuart Bingham

12.30pm BST

Mark Selby v Ding Junhui
Ali Carter v Lu Ning
Neil Robertson v Stephen Hendry

Is that gonna be the order for the televised tables? Ronnie v Mark; Judd v Bingham; Selby v Ding and Carter v Ning?

God, I hope so. Yesterday I'd have told you that Robertson vs Hendry a banker. But I'd love to see Ning on television again.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

David Hendon‏
O'Sullivan and Trump games at 7.30 BST; Selby and Robertson at 12.30

:grrr:

:grrr: Ronnie vs MJW I get, but why Mags vs Walden. I don't want to see a Trump rout.

Postby Skullman

Just seen the Higgins match and he seems to be playing better, although he is still making a few too many mistakes that the top players can punish unlike McLeod. Should be able to beat Ebdon thoughand he can always go up a gear. No one plays their best against McLeod.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 29th of March

7.30am BST

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Williams TV
Judd Trump v Stuart Bingham TV

12.30pm BST

Mark Selby v Ding Junhui TV
Neil Robertson v Stephen Hendry TV
Ali Carter v Lu Ning

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Any idea which channel each of those games are on? For recording purposes.

I would imagine that the ronnie game will be on eurosport 1, the trump game on 2, the selby match on eurosport 1 and the Robbo match on 2... I am certain it will be that way

Postby SnookerFan

I notice a lot of people have got Ali Carter to beat Lu Ning in the Prediction League today. I'm not sure. Ning played so, so well against Murphy. I'm really hoping it wasn't a one-off.

Carter fussed about discussing whether he was going to come or not this week, and whether he should retire or not and gave several :zzz: twitter rants, whereas Lu Ning looked in every way Shaun's superior yesterday.

Of course, he's 18 and an amateur, so experience/nerves might catch up with him. But he didn't look nervous at all yesterday. My first reaction after the match was; "Tournament winner". Maybe an overreaction based on one performance, but what a performance it was.

I really hope he can repeat it over Ali today.

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:I've gone for Ning :santa:

I saw that. :bowdown:

I have a horrible feeling he'll flop now I've raved about him. rofl

C'MON NING!

SnookerFan I went for your favourite too, he better not let me down :roll: you know how seriously I take prediction contests ;-)

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:I've gone for Ning :santa:

I saw that. :bowdown:

I have a horrible feeling he'll flop now I've raved about him. rofl

C'MON NING!

SnookerFan I went for your favourite too, he better not let me down :roll: you know how seriously I take prediction contests ;-)

If he plays anything like he did yesterday, he'll thrash Ali Carter. :D