Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Last 16 Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
John From London Town wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:I think JH might up the practice from now on in too... write him off for the worlds? No way.

Yeah I'm sound thanks. Hitting the beer later. :chuckle:
I just had another look at the draw. If he wins his first match he's got Stuart Bingham. If he wins that he's got Graeme Dott or Stephen Maguire. If he wins that he's got Judd Trump. If he wins that my auntie's got bollicks mate.

I think Higgins has a very good chance of reaching the semis, and then like you said might lose against Trump, because I reckon if he plays Judd in the semis Judd wont make the same mistakes he made against John last year, he has a better safety game now and will be bang up for it I´m sure.. Higgins couldnt wish for a better draw, at least until the semis

Draw or No Draw he has to pot the Balls and clear the Table who ever he plays he just has to play better its as simple as That or he will get stuffed.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
Wild wrote:who ever he plays he just has to play better its as simple as That.

You don't say. More wise words.

point is mr slightly on the thicker side of thick.

looking at draws mean rubbish you have to beat players no matter who they are.

Postby John From London Town

Andre147 wrote:I think Higgins has a very good chance of reaching the semis, and then like you said might lose against Trump, because I reckon if he plays Judd in the semis Judd wont make the same mistakes he made against John last year, he has a better safety game now and will be bang up for it I´m sure.. Higgins couldnt wish for a better draw, at least until the semis

You talk a lot of sense, I won't take that away from you. I know from years gone by that players have won the World's having done nothing all season.
My first thought was that it will be a Judd Trump & Neil Robertson final. Going on current form & the way the 'world' is playing including looking at the 2 weeks worth of work ahead of them, I'm still of the same opinion.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ronnie thrashed Williams once again, just like predicted and expected. Poor old Mark knows that he won't get past the last 16 in the Crucible once again. I didn't watch the match but I assume that Ronnie played proper snooker and was like always superior to Williams in the scoring department. Maybe Ronnie only flew to China because of Mark's tweets lately rofl

Ebdon :bowdown:

Higgins out early ONCE AGAIN. It said it all that he didn't even get a televised table after Selby withdrew. He's the World Champion on paper but fortunately not for long any more. No titles for Higgins in a season with more tournaments then ever. Not even a PTC or a invitational - says it all.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

boris_the_butcher wrote:A Robertson/Trump final seems too obvious. When was the last time we didn't have a final in which at least one of the players being there was a surprise?

I doubt Trump will get to the semi finals. His standard of play has dropped a lot after the Masters/German Masters. The pressure is getting to him at the moment.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:A Robertson/Trump final seems too obvious. When was the last time we didn't have a final in which at least one of the players being there was a surprise?

I doubt Trump will get to the semi finals. His standard of play has dropped a lot after the Masters/German Masters. The pressure is getting to him at the moment.

I think that loss in the German Masters against Maguire, when Mags won on the last black after coming back from 2 frames down i think, has affected Judd a lot, hasnt been the same player since, but i still think he´ll get far in the Worlds, and might even defend his China open title the way i see it, but still has very tough opponent in Lee, who since the masters has been the form player

Postby John From London Town

Depends what surprises you're looking for? In the last 14 years we've had 4 first time winners & only 4 players who haven't appeared in a world final before.
Not saying I disagree or your wrong becasue I understand your point, but I back on form & staying power, & the boys I mention have both.
My poke has started going on the pair of them the past month anyway & nothing of late has led me to believe that won't happen.

Postby Skullman

Am back from school. First session went as expected. MJW just can't beat Ronnie. His only chance to get to the quarters in Sheffield is if Ronnie gets someone like Walden first round and loses. Judd beat Bingham as expected, although Stuart looks to be palying better than he was before. Bit disappointed Walden lost, but I predicted Mags in the final and I like both players anyway. Lee continuing his good run and has a chance to get to another semi.

Shame Selby had to pull out, but at least he bothered to trun up and hope he's better by April twenty-whenever his first match is. Robbo won as expected and nice to see Carter get into his first quarter since China last year (I think?). As for Higgins I don't know if he played badly or Ebdon played well, but he only has a few weeks until Sheffield, so has to find something fast.