Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open W C and Last 32 Discussion!!!

Postby Skullman

The Cueist wrote:Dale has a chance with carter. <ok>

Dale hasn't been playing too well recently. Didn't he get whitewashed in Haikou? And he lost to Xiao Guodong, when Xiao had a broken hand in Galway. Plus he lost to Baird in Wales.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Can't see Carter beating Dale, if he does I will be very surprised.

Shame Allen v Walden isn't televised, could be an absolute thriller that could. Two of my favourite players at the minute.

Think all the well known names like Williams, Higgins and O'Sullivan will advance, but they might drop some frames.

Postby SnookerFan

Odrl wrote:Unfortunate choice of matches, as I thought Allen-Walden was the tie of the round. It would have been my first choice, even though we have two big names playing at the same time. :-)

It's a decent point. Today's televised matches are a bit :zzz: Whereas Allen vs Walden might be something decent.

I know Ronnie always gets on the telly, because he's Ronnie. But his match with Marcus Campbell holds no interest for me. Ronnie should beat him handily, and if he doesn't it's only because he's played badly. Either way, I'm not too interested in seeing either option.

John Higgins v Rory McLeod holds slight appeal as it's a match John could lose, as he's somewhat off-form and Rory could grind out an advantage. Problem is though, it's my birthday in October, so don't really want to get involved watching a Roy McLeod match at the moment.

So the matches I'll be watching are;
Mark Williams v Jin Long
Shaun Murphy v Lu Ning

It's always good to see lesser known players on TV, and all, but you don't feel it adds any variety to see a former World Champion vs Lesser known Asian player twice in a day.

I quite like Dominic Dale, so would've liked to see his match with Ali Carter. But I understand that's probably got zero interest from anybody other than the odd Dale fan. And Ali Carter's family.

Postby Odrl

Not much snooker this morning either, all finished in just over two hours. I think Higgins looks pretty good. He kept McLeod out of the balls for most of the match with some tight safety, so McLeod didn't really have a chance to force his own breakbuilding rhythm upon the match.

Williams was alright from what I've seen, but of course the big test comes tomorrow. :-)

Now, if only we could watch the ending of Allen-Walden now. ;-)

Postby Monique

Odrl wrote:Not much snooker this morning either, all finished in just over two hours. I think Higgins looks pretty good. He kept McLeod out of the balls for most of the match with some tight safety, so McLeod didn't really have a chance to force his own breakbuilding rhythm upon the match.

Williams was alright from what I've seen, but of course the big test comes tomorrow. :-)

Now, if only we could watch the ending of Allen-Walden now. ;-)

Mark J. was a bit inconsistent but then he had no pressure whatsoever and his concentration went wandering at times.
Last edited by Monique on 28 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I'm wondering if the Ronnie and Shaun matches will be over that quickly. :chin:

well Ronnie yet to enter the Arena who knows he might turn round during his walk and concede to campbell <laugh>

Postby Smart

Wild wrote:Ronnie playing like an bottom in that frame.

the blue miss from Marcus was very poor, but the blue pot from Ron when he misjudged the speed of the white off the cushion for the pink - that was a club standard error, and the black was just "could not give a rubbish", 2/10 success rate probably, played with his left hand from distance along the side rail. :hmmm: