Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open W C and Last 32 Discussion!!!

Postby jojo

when robertson first came onto the snooker scene he had curly ginger hair until a few years ago

he must have started using hair straightener and some kind of blond hairspray

i didnt see his match today i dont know what the fuss is all about his hair has always been like that it his real look

Postby SnookerFan

jojo wrote:when robertson first came onto the snooker scene he had curly ginger hair until a few years ago

he must have started using hair straightener and some kind of blond hairspray

i didnt see his match today i dont know what the fuss is all about his hair has always been like that it his real look

No, agreed. You watch snooker for the match, not personal grooming advice. It was just a surprise when he walked out like that. We're so used to seeing him look different.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Hendry 4-3 up now. Can he win this game? It'd almost be a famous victory. At this stage of his career, you don't expect Hendry to beat any top-16 player.

but he has beaten gould this season in the Aussie Open 5-3

Postby Wildey

this match typifies hendrys latter career he has been the better player but he just not killing off important frames and then he loses the match at the death.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:
Wild wrote:hendry somehow won the decider :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

he had his cue unscrewed and everything.

god when he missed a red to the corner i was livid as seen by posts

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Casey wrote:

There seems to be some talk that this was gamesmanship on the part of Hendry. Seems pushing it, if you ask me.

good

more gamesmanship the better

but its just not hendrys style he was just snake hissed off with in my opinion his worst frame of the entire match and just gave up as i had and i NEVER Give up.

Postby Roland

Not Hendry's style? He did it didn't he? I never thought Hendry would stoop that low. And for those that don't see anything wrong with it trust me, it's about the dirtiest trick you can pull towards the end of a match.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Casey wrote:

There seems to be some talk that this was gamesmanship on the part of Hendry. Seems pushing it, if you ask me.

Not sure about that, and personally dont think so.

In the end, it was that absolute sitter of a red that Gould missed that led Stephen to clear up the colours, and he duly did..

Although Robbo played nowhere near his best today against Cope, scrapping his way through that match, I think that Hendry will have to play a lot better to stand any chance against him, because Robbo tends to start slow and then catches fire as the rounds progress..

Of course Hendry beat him in Wales, bu lost in Haikou, so different day, different mindset, different level of play.

Postby Roland

Gould missed the sitter of a red. It wasn't that easy given the pressure of game ball, that if he missed it he would lose the match, and that his opponent was sitting watching with his cue in two pieces. That equals pressure, trust me.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Gould missed the sitter of a red. It wasn't that easy given the pressure of game ball, that if he missed it he would lose the match, and that his opponent was sitting watching with his cue in two pieces. That equals pressure, trust me.

Yes, you´re probably right, but i still think that it is no excuse at all for Gould missing that red.. he can only blame himself, and not Hendry, who was just frustrated with things... but yeah, that move from Hendry wasnt very sporting, should have just waited until Gould potted the frame ball, but anyway... it´s history now

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Not Hendry's style? He did it didn't he? I never thought Hendry would stoop that low. And for those that don't see anything wrong with it trust me, it's about the dirtiest trick you can pull towards the end of a match.

WHAT A bucking WALLY

YOU KNOW buck ALL JUST BECAUSE YOUR bucking BUM MATE LOST.

HE UNSCREWED IT BECAUSE HE WAS FED bucking UP WANTING TO GO HOME

Postby Roland

Who's the one defending his bumboy wild? There is no excuse for doing that, I don't care what you say. It's the dirtiest trick in the book, and even if he didn't mean it he shouldn't have done it.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Who's the one defending his bumboy wild? There is no excuse for doing that, I don't care what you say. It's the dirtiest trick in the book, and even if he didn't mean it he shouldn't have done it.

good on him

if it gives him more wins im all for it

i thought you loved psychology of the game dont make me laugh

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:Is Jimmy playing like a world title contender?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... sence.html

hes playing to well not to my bottom

i honestly dont think he will ever play at the crucible again he just cant sustain any sort of Stamina over Best of 19s

Yeah, but give it a few years, Hearn will shorten qualifiers to best of 11. rofl

pmsl