Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open W C and Last 32 Discussion!!!

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Ali Carter‏@TheCaptain147Reply
Watching PTC final, love to see steve lee win.. I won't be going to china next week if I still feel like this!

Ali posted this on twitter on the 18th, so a while ago now, god knows how he will feel right now, but at this moment in time it seems he will be going. However there is no point for Ali to go, he won't win it under his conditions, so might aswell withdraw again.

He should wait until the World Championships, try his best(first round exit), than unfortunately probably retire from Snooker.

Can see Mark Allen winning this event, not being bias, China and him go hand in hand.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Skullman wrote:Mark Allen's won one tournament and one invitional. That doesn't automatically mean he will be brilliant every time he plays in China for the rest of his career.

Of course it does, just can see him doing well again. China often draws up strange results in the first one or two rounds. Williams, O'Sullivan, Allen, Dott, Maguire and Robbo all lost in the first two rounds last year. Also Judd Trump was unseeded, as he of course made his big breakthrough. In 2010 aswell, despite it being a Ding v Williams final both of them were ranked 14th and 15th for that tournament.

I can see another surprise winner, I believe the winner of Mark Allen v Ricky Walden will go far in China, both attacking players on good form. Lee and Maguire hitting consistency aswell, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them go far, or even win it.

Postby Skullman

nice_shoes_ken wrote:
Skullman wrote:Mark Allen's won one tournament and one invitional. That doesn't automatically mean he will be brilliant every time he plays in China for the rest of his career.

Of course it does, just can see him doing well again. China often draws up strange results in the first one or two rounds. Williams, O'Sullivan, Allen, Dott, Maguire and Robbo all lost in the first two rounds last year. Also Judd Trump was unseeded, as he of course made his big breakthrough. In 2010 aswell, despite it being a Ding v Williams final both of them were ranked 14th and 15th for that tournament.

I can see another surprise winner, I believe the winner of Mark Allen v Ricky Walden will go far in China, both attacking players on good form. Lee and Maguire hitting consistency aswell, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them go far, or even win it.

Or perhaps Mr Consistent himself Mark Selby? ;-) Although I wouldn't mind Walden doing well.

PS Did you mean for that bolded does to mean doesn't?

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Skullman wrote:
Or perhaps Mr Consistent himself Mark Selby? ;-) Although I wouldn't mind Walden doing well.

PS Did you mean for that bolded does to mean doesn't?

Course not I meant does 100% ;-)

I think the winner will either be, Allen, Walden, Maguire, Lee, Robertson or Selby.

Can't see any others winning it.

Postby Skullman

boris_the_butcher wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Trump will reclaim his title.

Then he will kick ass at the world championship. <ok>

lightning doesn't strike twice, i don't see him winning either.

Technically lightning hasn't struck once for him at the Worlds.

Postby Monique

Grove Snooker ‏ @grovesnooker on twitter about 1 hour ago
@judd147t is already in bj without his shoes. Ronnie is on the plane and hope he is well enough to compete this time #fingerscrossed

So we will be treated with MJW ass on show in Burtons shopwindow… :D

Postby Skullman

Monique wrote:Grove Snooker ‏ @grovesnooker on twitter about 1 hour ago
@judd147t is already in bj without his shoes. Ronnie is on the plane and hope he is well enough to compete this time #fingerscrossed

Those poor people in Cwm. (I'm assuming that's the Burtons he will be going to display himself in?)

Postby Alpha

Monique wrote:Grove Snooker ‏ @grovesnooker on twitter about 1 hour ago

O'Sullivan got on the plane to Dublin too.....

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie is on the plane. That's all I wanted to hear today.

he was on the plane to Australia Open decided to turn round half way over.

he was on a plane to ireland he didnt sit down.

sorry but Ronnie on a plane is no proof he will be playing.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie is on the plane. That's all I wanted to hear today.

Let's hope it's a direct flight then.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:

my gut feeling has always been he will be there.

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:

my gut feeling has always been he will be there.

We can never be sure until the match starts on Wedsnesday, but I also have a feeling that Ronnie will be there. Mind you, I had the eaxct same feeling for Ireland and he didnt turn up, so I never make high expectations of him attending the tournaments..

If he turns up, he turns up, if he doesnt turn up, then he doesnt, and I wont be too upset at all if he doesnt. he might even go out first round in China like he always does so wont be too bothered about that.. just hope he stays absolutely fit and ready for the Crucible

Postby Smart

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:

Unlikely to be direct, stop off in Dubai or somewhere else hot :gag:

Postby Monique

@grovesnooker on twitter an hour ago …

We are landed and heading to hotel. #sofarsogood
Private picking up from ronnie's sponsor K Boxing.

Burtons arseshow looks more and more on the cards … I wonder if they know about it? ;-)

Postby SnookerFan

1-1 in the Jimmy White match.

Both players making mistakes, this isn't one chance snooker.

In these matches where one player is lesser known and hasn't appeared on telly much before, the player with the experience gets over the line, because the lesser known player gets a lot more nervous if they get close to winning.

But at the same time winning a match at a tournament would be a big deal for Jimmy too. Will he start feeling it?