Topic locked

Bank Of Beijing China Open W C and Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 26th of March - Sunday 1st of April at the Beijing Student University Stadium, China

Judd Trump is Returning to the scene of his maiden Ranking Tournament win hoping to successfully defend his title.

Question is after his recent no shows will Ronnie O'Sullivan be there to Try and stop him ?

but definitely there will be Former Champions Stephen Maguire,Mark Williams,Graeme Dott,Ding Junhui and Even Peter Ebdon who Qualified after some Poor Run of Results of Late.

Who will Capture the 2012 Event ?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open W C and Last 32 Discussion!!!

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:I doubt Ronnie will play - Lee to keep up his good form. However I can see Ding, Selby, Higgins or Allen winning this.

well Higgins Main Ranking Results This Season reads

Last 32
Quarter Final
Last 16
Last 16
Last 16
Quarter Final
Last 24

PL 14
WON 7
LOST 7

not the performance of a World Champion.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:I doubt Ronnie will play - Lee to keep up his good form. However I can see Ding, Selby, Higgins or Allen winning this.

well Higgins Main Ranking Results This Season reads

Last 32
Quarter Final
Last 16
Last 16
Last 16
Quarter Final
Last 24

PL 14
WON 7
LOST 7

not the performance of a World Champion.

Not everybody who become World Champion has played like it on the season leading up to it.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:I think last season was the exception rather than the rule. He's getting old and isn't as good or consistent as he was.

True, but he should have made a lot more this season.. last season he was sort of in an high because he felt that with his ban and his father death he had something to prove, and he duly did by winning virtually anything after coming back to the sport in late November.. Now that he hasnt got that hype anymore, he sort of relaxed a bit, and he himself has admited this season that he hasnt practiced that much, wanting to spend a bit more time with his family.. he has said he put in a snooker table in one of the rooms of his house, and maybe he hasnt fully got used to the fact that he now practices more time alone than with his usual practice partners...

Maybe this season he wont win anything, but I reckon he still has a few more titles in his belt, he´s far too good a player not to...

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:I think last season was the exception rather than the rule. He's getting old and isn't as good or consistent as he was.

True, but he should have made a lot more this season.. last season he was sort of in an high because he felt that with his ban and his father death he had something to prove, and he duly did by winning virtually anything after coming back to the sport in late November.. Now that he hasnt got that hype anymore, he sort of relaxed a bit, and he himself has admited this season that he hasnt practiced that much, wanting to spend a bit more time with his family.. he has said he put in a snooker table in one of the rooms of his house, and maybe he hasnt fully got used to the fact that he now practices more time alone than with his usual practice partners...

Maybe this season he wont win anything, but I reckon he still has a few more titles in his belt, he´s far too good a player not to...

Never said he couldn't. Ronnie and MJW are getting old too, yet Ronnie won in Berlin this year, while MJW has been in a total of five finals over the last two years. I just don't see them being the ones to beat anymore and I'm not sure they'll be consistent enough to get another major. Even last year, Higgins didn't look as good as some of the younger players, and it was only his matchplay that got him through.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Never said he couldn't. Ronnie and MJW are getting old too, yet Ronnie won in Berlin this year, while MJW has been in a total of five finals over the last two years. I just don't see them being the ones to beat anymore and I'm not sure they'll be consistent enough to get another major. Even last year, Higgins didn't look as good as some of the younger players, and it was only his matchplay that got him through.

Yes the problem with them 3 is that they cant keep their consistency over a long period of time like they used when they were young. But thats all part due with their age... of the 3, Higgins is definately the one I think will have more titles when he retires from the sport.. he has 24 now, I can see him having maybe 26 or 27, or even more, depends on him... MJW is on a slide right now, but he just has to get some confidence, and maybe an easy draw to start with, and I think he can still win a couple more.. as for Ronnie... well... it all depends on him.. if he wanted, he could still win most events, but he lacks consistency and motivation for the game, but he is never to be disconted, let´s see if he can get over this glandular fever quickly and get ack to winning ways..

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

That is why in Snooker beating Journeyman is Hard for young players because their Matchplay so good over many years perfecting it.

No Other Sport benefits Experiance over youth in the same way snooker does.

Postby SnookerFan

boris_the_butcher wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm hoping Jimmy White comes through the Wildcard Round. How special would Judd Trump vs. Jimmy White be? :-D

A 5-0 special.

Oh very true. But imagine the speed they'd play it at. They'd get through those 5 frames in 27 minutes, including the mid-session.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm hoping Jimmy White comes through the Wildcard Round. How special would Judd Trump vs. Jimmy White be? :-D

A 5-0 special.

Oh very true. But imagine the speed they'd play it at. They'd get through those 5 frames in 27 minutes, including the mid-session.

what century you in ?

jimmy is like a burp today rather than a whirlwind <laugh>

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:wrong. 3-cushions billiard is even more about accumulating experience.

<doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

What do you know about that game wild? Did you ever try it? Did you ever watch it properly?
It IS a very skillful game where players often peak late because precisely there is a lot of experience accumulations that comes into the equation.

You know nothing about it, so - for once - shut up.

Postby Andre147

boris_the_butcher wrote:without meaning to sound condescending, the significance of a Trump v White match would be lost on a chinese audience. It'd simply be Trump against an old man named after a colour.

rofl rofl rofl

Postby Andre147

Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:wrong. 3-cushions billiard is even more about accumulating experience.

<doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

What do you know about that game wild? Did you ever try it? Did you ever watch it properly?
It IS a very skillful game where players often peak late because precisely there is a lot of experience accumulations that comes into the equation.

You know nothing about it, so - for once - shut up.

You´re absolutely right Monique, 3 cuhion billiards is essencially a game of pure skill and very tactical, so older players have a clear advantage over younger ones because they can read the table and various shots better. Even though experience always counts on snooker, in 3 cuhion billiards it counts as double

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Official warning given to Wild for abuse.

Edit - banned until tomorrow for abusive PM

Some people clearly havent learned how to respect others, and probably never will..

Even if you dont agree with other´s opinion, it doesnt mean you start calling him names or anything of the sort..

learn how to respect for christ sakes...

Postby JIMO96

Good call Sonny. I saw his reply to Monique and sincerely hope she didn't. Perhaps he'll use his "banned" day to go and get a job or something, instead of growing old sitting at a computer screen, attempting to have the last word in every discussion.

Postby Roland

Ah now you've got to know with Wild he can't work and he sees red far too quickly and your post would produce a barrage of abuse because of the phrase "get a job or something". I've known him online for years, he's a good guy but he doesn't half know how to make it hard for a forum admin when he can't count to 10. There is no excuse for his earlier post or subsequent abuse.

Postby JIMO96

Fair enough if he can't work, but someone like him should put his time to better use and learn some manners, some basic grammar and DEFINITELY some anger management. I know he's a massive snooker supporter and hugely knowledgable on the sport. He even has some intelligent ideas that I agree with(!) But there's no excuse for shouting down people just so he can have the last word.

And I've had the barrages of abuse from him for a lot bloody less than "get a job"!