Topic locked

China Open Draw

Postby Skullman

While World Snooker are being their usual efficient selves in putting up the draw for the final stages, it looks Matt from ProSnookerBlog has managed to find out who's playing who.

Link: China Open Draw

Re: China Open Draw

Postby GJ

Great opener for robbo

Either an over the hill scot or his bunny who he always beats

:hatoff: <cool>

Postby Skullman

While Selby has an early chance for revenge against Ding in the last 16, before he beats him at the Crucible.

But first he has to beat that CDL Holt.

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:Great opener for robbo

Careful GJ, he has lost against an over the hill Scot recently ;-) .

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:Great opener for robbo

Careful GJ, he has lost against an over the hill Scot recently ;-) .

revenge is coming for that this coming week at world open

:spot on: :hatoff:

Postby Casey

Another Williams v Ronnie second round lineup - that's 4 events in a row.

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:Another Williams v Ronnie second round lineup - that's 4 events in a row.

Maybe World Snooker didn't want to take any chances and keep giving him easy players so he advances further. :john: Plus he was meant to face his other bunny Carter in Germany. It is odd he never seems to get Robbo, Selby or Higgins in his second round. :chin:

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:
Casey wrote:Another Williams v Ronnie second round lineup - that's 4 events in a row.

Maybe World Snooker didn't want to take any chances and keep giving him easy players so he advances further. :john: Plus he was meant to face his other bunny Carter in Germany. It is odd he never seems to get Robbo, Selby or Higgins in his second round. :chin:

Williams aint an easy player

not Ronnies fault he keeps beating him

Williams need to drag his lazy ass off Twitter and take a long hard look at himself

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Williams aint an easy player

not Ronnies fault he keeps beating him

Williams need to drag his lazy ass off Twitter and take a long hard look at himself

Williams isn't an easy player, unless he's facing Ronnie. Everyone knows that, including the people who make the draw. Like I said, its funny he's been getting his bunnies in draws since Germany and not players like Robbo, Selby or Higgins.

Postby Witz78

his only real bunnies as such are Selby, Higgins and Trump (before Wales)) and hed had Trump a few times.

But the law of averages suggest that hes only going to draw a bunny once every 5 tournaments in the 2nd round so cant see your point.

Robbo keeps on drawing Gould now, thats the ultimate bye

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:his only real bunnies as such are Selby, Higgins and Trump (before Wales)) and hed had Trump a few times.

But the law of averages suggest that hes only going to draw a bunny once every 5 tournaments in the 2nd round so cant see your point.

Robbo keeps on drawing Gould now, thats the ultimate bye

I still it's a bit dodgy that Ronnie draws William four times in a row. It's either very unlikely (1 in 4096) or someone at World Snooker really wants Ronnie to have a bye into the quarters. Btw Gould is a bye for any top8 player not just Robbo.

Postby Witz78

your odds are way out

its actually 1 in 50,625 chance of drawing Williams 4 events in a row in 2nd round.

pretending its a mythical bet with a stake of £1

once = 14/1 odds (15 potential opponents for Ronnie in 2nd round so 14/1 that Williams is the opponent) so you win £15
twice = 15*14 = £210 + £15 stake = 225
three = 225*14 = £3,150 + £225 stake = 3,375
four = 3,375*14 = £47,250 + £3,375 stake = 50,625 return so deducting the orginal £1 stake from the win the odds are 50,624/1

Postby Skullman

I meant the chance of Williams being his second roundseededopponent four times. Which would (1/8)^4 = 1/4096.
and if we used your betting scenario, with a £1 return, the odds would be 4,095/1. No miscalculations here, just a misunderstanding. :-D

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:I meant the chance of Williams being his second roundseededopponent four times. Which would (1/8)^4 = 1/4096.
and if we used your betting scenario, with a £1 return, the odds would be 4,095/1. No miscalculations here, just a misunderstanding. :-D

fair enough

cant argue with a fellow number cruncher <cool>

Postby Monique

Skullman wrote:While World Snooker are being their usual efficient selves in putting up the draw for the final stages, it looks Matt from ProSnookerBlog has managed to find out who's playing who.

Matt probably had access to the players package that WSA sends to the players and their managements. The draw was in there and has been known for a while although not made public. That's all.

Postby Wildey

it beggars belief WHY ? its not made Public...

is it confidential Information for the security of Britain ??

Postby Skullman

Monique wrote:
Skullman wrote:While World Snooker are being their usual efficient selves in putting up the draw for the final stages, it looks Matt from ProSnookerBlog has managed to find out who's playing who.

Matt probably had access to the players package that WSA sends to the players and their managements. The draw was in there and has been known for a while although not made public. That's all.

Thanks, I didn't see anywhere else that had the draw up, so I thought I would link it. No good to us inside the players pack. Although I wonder why it hasn't been released to the public yet.

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:it beggars belief WHY ? its not made Public...

is it confidential Information for the security of Britain ??

<laugh> Well if it is, I'm screwed. If I don't post for a few days, you'll know MI5 has got me.