Topic locked

Re: China Open Qualifying Discussion !!!!

Postby JIMO96

GJ wrote: "saint" jim said i should be shot the other day on twitter for disagreeing with his money list article

:john:

Think you've got the wrong Jim pal. I don't use Twitter. Care to prove this accusation?

Postby Wildey

jim

im sorry but it just gets beyond a joke now.....

many think football is a boring old rubbish finishing 0-0 nobody trying to change that if you dont like it watch rugby.

Postby GJ

JIMO96 wrote:
GJ wrote: "saint" jim said i should be shot the other day on twitter for disagreeing with his money list article

:john:

Think you've got the wrong Jim pal. I don't use Twitter. Care to prove this accusation?

explain how some else on twitter was so passionate about your article to say i should be shot

Would have to be you or your twin as no one else woudl give a stuff to that extent
:gag:

Postby Skullman

Li Yan :hatoff:

A good young player that can handle the journeymen and slow players unlike his chinese compatriot Liang who's getting his bottom kicked by Ebdon.

Postby JIMO96

Wild wrote:jim

many think football is a boring old rubbish finishing 0-0 nobody trying to change that if you dont like it watch rugby.

I'll stick with snooker thanks, the game I love. Come on Li Yan, rapidly emerging as my favourite new player. :-D :-D

Postby GJ

Mate your wasting your time

Other bigger sports succeed with good variation but snooker wants to go down the road to pander to short attention span mugs i wont be part of it :grrr:

Postby JIMO96

GJ wrote:

Other bigger sports succeed with good variation but snooker wants to go down the road to pander to short attention span mugs i wont be part of it :grrr:

Other sports can maybe afford it with all the sponsorship and TV rights.....something snooker (sadly) seems to be lacking. Short attention span mug? Hilarious. Any evidence of this Twitter article yet?

Postby Skullman

JIMO96 wrote:
GJ wrote:

Other sports can maybe afford it with all the sponsorship and TV rights.....something snooker (sadly) seems to be lacking. Short attention span mug? Hilarious. Any evidence of this Twitter article yet?

Snooker is on its way up. I don't think snooker's success (or lack of) in recent years is because of negative play in the qualifiers, it's because the game was managed incompetently by the people in charge. Snooker had its golden age in the 80s when negative play was far mroe common.

Postby Wildey

JIMO96 wrote:
GJ wrote:

All the shot clock ive seen encourages Negative play not atacking snooker....you not got a chance to be creative you just play any old rubish before pips

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
JIMO96 wrote:
GJ wrote:

All the shot clock ive seen encourages Negative play not atacking snooker....you not got a chance to be creative you just play any old rubish before pips

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Skullman

Fergal levels the match. This will be a real test for Li Yan. Can he survive a comeback and push on after the interval or will he fall apart like the rest of the young players when faced with a little bit of pressure?

Postby GJ

Hope Hendo doesnt spoil the first of 2 matches between robbo and gould

Postby Skullman

Ebdon 4-0 Wenbo

:dizzy: who could have predicted that at the start of the match? Fair play to Peter though, he's been playing well, while Liang's brought his Welsh Open form with him.

Postby JIMO96

Skullman wrote:Jamie Jones 5-1 Marco Fu.

If you're good, you're good.

Well done for bucking the trend Jamie Jones.

Hope he does well on TV and he's gonna be a welcome fresh addition to the top 32.

Shame for Marco, and a pity Liang gets pumped by a player who couldn't buy a win before tonight.

Postby Skullman

JIMO96 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Jamie Jones 5-1 Marco Fu.

If you're good, you're good.

Well done for bucking the trend Jamie Jones.

Hope he does well on TV and he's gonna be a welcome fresh addition to the top 32.

Shame for Marco, and a pity Liang gets pumped by a player who couldn't buy a win before tonight.

Hasn't Peter qualified for Wales and Germany recently as well?

Postby GJ

He qualified for the welsh

Not sure on germany

Postby Skullman

:hatoff: Ebdon finishes off his whitewash of Liang Wenbo with a century. No grinding for him tonight.

Meanhwile, Li Yan pulls ahead of Fergal again. At least he isn't the type of player who folds when a minicomeback is made and loses five frames on the trot. Stills needs two frames though and I'm sure Fergal will try his best to make sure Li Yan doesn't get them.

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:He qualified for the welsh

Not sure on germany

Double checked. Peter made it to Germany before losing 5-3 to Bingham while 3-1 ahead at one point.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:He qualified for the welsh

Not sure on germany

Double checked. Peter made it to Germany before losing 5-3 to Bingham while 3-1 ahead at one point.

:-)

So much for him not winning matches :john: :? :chin:

Postby Skullman

Li Yan is 4-2 up on Fergal now. Just one frame away from reaching his second venue of the season. This win would also give him valuable ranking points, taking him from no71 up to 65.

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:Ebbo!

The comeback starts here!

lets hope so

hate the flak he gets

not only for his style of play (which is actually quite inventive and interesting) but for the misguided fools who think hes a runt. Trust me, ive met a good few of the players over the years and Peters up there among the best of them, a total gent and has time for the fans unlike plenty of others who shall remain nameless (well, apart from Higgins)

Infact it says it all that the times i met Alex Higgins he was more approachable and friendly than John :gag:

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:Until snooker acts to encourage positive shot selection from its players, this frustrating trend will continue evermore. And people like me, Witz etc will get more and more frustrated by it.

Basically translated

Until snooker bows down to thick people with short attention span's the following trend of intelligent and varied snooker will continue for a long time.

get real mate

thick people with short attention spans

i watched all of Davis - Lawler last night

i love all types of snooker

but i dont sit on the fence and say i like all players

theres a difference

with Wiggy and Jono im critical of them adopting "snooker" because they dont need to IMO, they are more than skillful enough and great potters to not have to compromise their own games to grind an opponent down.

Its the equivalent of Barcelona focusing on keeping it tight at the back and looking to nick a 1-0 when the reality is attack is their strength. Thats what i think with Wiggy and Jono, they have more then enough ammunition to dictate a match with positive play and scare opponents.

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:

lets hope so

hate the flak he gets

not only for his style of play (which is actually quite inventive and interesting) but for the misguided fools who think hes a baby kangaroo. Trust me, ive met a good few of the players over the years and Peters up there among the best of them, a total gent and has time for the fans unlike plenty of others who shall remain nameless (well, apart from Higgins)

Infact it says it all that the times i met Alex Higgins he was more approachable and friendly than John :gag:

<ok>

Ebbo is one of the few guys who brought some real personality to the game!

It takes class to appreciate class.

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:Until snooker acts to encourage positive shot selection from its players, this frustrating trend will continue evermore. And people like me, Witz etc will get more and more frustrated by it.

Basically translated

Until snooker bows down to thick people with short attention span's the following trend of intelligent and varied snooker will continue for a long time.

get real mate

thick people with short attention spans

i watched all of Davis - Lawler last night

i love all types of snooker

but i dont sit on the fence and say i like all players

theres a difference

with Wiggy and Jono im critical of them adopting "snooker" because they dont need to IMO, they are more than skillful enough and great potters to not have to compromise their own games to grind an opponent down.

Its the equivalent of Barcelona focusing on keeping it tight at the back and looking to nick a 1-0 when the reality is attack is their strength. Thats what i think with Wiggy and Jono, they have more then enough ammunition to dictate a match with positive play and scare opponents.

But they're smart enough to know if they can't outgun someone. Robbo couldn't keep up with Trump and Selby knows he can't outgun Ronnie. Plus sometimes frames just go scrappy or long pots just don't go in.

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

lets hope so

hate the flak he gets

not only for his style of play (which is actually quite inventive and interesting) but for the misguided fools who think hes a baby kangaroo. Trust me, ive met a good few of the players over the years and Peters up there among the best of them, a total gent and has time for the fans unlike plenty of others who shall remain nameless (well, apart from Higgins)

<ok>

Ebbo is one of the few guys who brought some real personality to the game!

It takes class to appreciate class.

:hatoff:

of all the snooker players ive met the only ones i can say were really nice to meet and not false are.....

EBDON
THORNE
ALEX
JIMMY
RORY
DAVIS
JOHNSTON-ALLEN
THORBURN
JOGIA

apologies to any ive forgotten about