Topic locked

Re: China Open Qualifying Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Monique

Barry Hearn is not running Child Minding.....

He Gives opertunities for players to play snooker and Believe Younger Teenagers deserve a chance then its up to the player and Guardians to make the decition...

its not as if we will ever have 9 year old pros....

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:Monique

Barry Hearn is not running Child Minding.....

He Gives opertunities for players to play snooker and Believe Younger Teenagers deserve a chance then its up to the player and Guardians to make the decition...

its not as if we will ever have 9 year old pros....

Give me a break wild with Barry Hearn here and Barry Hearn there … there are LAWS against making children work and at 15 Kacper wasn't of age. Those laws are regularly overlooked in sport but they should not be, ever. Don't be stupid and naïve. When you see very young sportspersons pushed, it's not for their own good. It's about MONEY (or national pride in some countries) and sod the kid's health and future. That's the truth and it's a very sad truth. And I'm sure that if you remove all barriers, you will have 9 year old "pros" in some sports. The ambition and greed of some parents or guardians know no limit. And - to make it clear - I'm not talking about Kacper case here.

Postby Wildey

Michael White 5-0 David Gilbert
Li Yan 2-3 Ian McCulloch
Peter Lines 5-1 David Morris
Ben Woollaston 5-3 Tian Pengfei
Dave Harold 4-3 Alfie Burden

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Ian McCulloch and Dave Harold are a joke, Ian McCulloch is possibly slower than Rory McLeod nowadays.

Nice win for Ben Woollaston, another one of our local lads from Leicester. Also would like to say get well soon to Joe Swail, such a talented player who's ranking has been plighted, has had some very good times but last two years he has been terrible, doubt he will find his form ever again, very sad really.

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:ffs tell that to tennis authorities regarding 13 and 14 year olds.....

Exactly. And young gymnast, especially the girls. When their "career" is over they are left with all sorts of injuries and many never develop to become full women. It's plain wrong. And it's not because other sports allow this to happen that snooker should follow the same patterns. Of course physical serious injuries are unlikely in snooker, but the mental and emotional pressure is very high. The possible harm done might be less immediately visible but is just as bad.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 22nd of February

2.30pm

Michael White 5-0 David Gilbert
Li Yan 5-4 Ian McCulloch
Peter Lines 5-1 David Morris
Ben Woollaston 5-3 Tian Pengfei
Dave Harold 5-3 Alfie Burden

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:McGill 0-1 Mehta

Adi :D

Meanwhile the match on Table 1 has finally ended, with Li Yan taking it. About time!

Indeed, a true marathon match that was.... now for the reverse, with Drago in action up next.. :D :D

Postby Witz78

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:McGill 0-1 Mehta

Adi :D

Meanwhile the match on Table 1 has finally ended, with Li Yan taking it. About time!

Indeed, a true marathon match that was.... now for the reverse, with Drago in action up next.. :D :D

DRAGO LOVES A MARATHON <ok>

showing my age, when did they become Snickers anyway, seems like a lifetime ago, ill hazard a guess at 1995, Simplefan am i right?

Postby Wildey

Tony Drago 1-1 Cao Yupeng
Anthony McGill 1-2 Aditya Mehta
Mark Joyce 1-2 Yu De Lu
Xiao Guodong 2-1 Adam Duffy
Jimmy Robertson 2-2 Rod Lawler

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Lawler's match quicker than Drago's!

:?

Table 1 started late because Yan vs McCulloch finished after 7.

Drago Match started about 7.45pm

Postby vodkadiet

Skullman wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Lawler's match quicker than Drago's!

:?

Table 1 started late because Yan vs McCulloch finished after 7.

I thought something must be up. Anyway Tony's match is ahead of Lawler's now!

That's a relief, I thought I had entered a parallel universe!

Postby Wildey

Tony Drago 3-5 Cao Yupeng
Anthony McGill 2-4 Aditya Mehta
Mark Joyce 2-5 Yu De Lu
Xiao Guodong 5-1 Adam Duffy
Jimmy Robertson 2-3 Rod Lawler

Postby Andre147

5-3 to Yupeng it is.. Very good match, Drago didnt do a lot wrong, was just outplayed by a superb Cao Yupeng who made breaks of 123 and 118 on his way.. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:5-3 to Yupeng it is.. Very good match, Drago didnt do a lot wrong, was just outplayed by a superb Cao Yupeng who made breaks of 123 and 118 on his way.. :bowdown: :bowdown:

fantastic performance

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:5-3 to Yupeng it is.. Very good match, Drago didnt do a lot wrong, was just outplayed by a superb Cao Yupeng who made breaks of 123 and 118 on his way.. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Didn't he make a third ton in the last frame? :bowdown:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:

Didn't he make a third ton in the last frame? :bowdown:

Yes, missed that one, was 107 in the last frame..... 3 tons in a best of 9 match... wonderful stuff from him :D :bowdown: :bowdown: