Topic locked

Re: China Open Qualifying Discussion !!!!

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:In the battle of 'The Rigsby bashers', Pengfei leads Baird 3-0!

<cool>

they wouldnt stand a chance against you

your by far the best Rigsby basher :D

Thank you sir!

:hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 21st of February

6pm

Tian Pengfei 5-0 Sam Baird
Kurt Maflin 4-5 Cao Yupeng
Passakorn Suwannawat 4-5 Aditya Mehta
Yu De Lu 5-0 Kacper Filipiak
Adam Duffy 5-0 Lucky Vatnani

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:Tuesday 21st of February

6pm

Tian Pengfei 5-0 Sam Baird
Kurt Maflin 4-5 Cao Yupeng
Passakorn Suwannawat 4-5 Aditya Mehta
Yu De Lu 5-0 Kacper Filipiak
Adam Duffy 5-0 Lucky Vatnani

YU DELU :hatoff:

5-0. I'll raise a glass to that.

Postby Witz78

snooky147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Kacper really has been out of his depth this season.

I think he was far too young to be on the tour.

dont think you can say someones too young to be on tour, if theyre good enough there old enough as that saying goes.

i think the main factor is that hes just not good enough at the moment. This season will at least have been a learning experience for him, the same with Brecel. Im sure both will come back stronger in the future. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 22nd of February

10am

James Wattana v Liam Highfield
Andy Hicks v Luca Brecel
Barry Pinches v David Grace
Adrian Gunnell v Joe Swail
Liu Chuang v Andrew Norman streaming
Liu Song v Sam Craigie streaming

2.30pm

Michael White v David Gilbert
Li Yan v Ian McCulloch streaming
Peter Lines v David Morris
Ben Woollaston v Tian Pengfei streaming
Dave Harold v Alfie Burden

7pm

Tony Drago v Cao Yupeng streaming
Anthony McGill v Aditya Mehta
Mark Joyce v Yu De Lu
Xiao Guodong v Adam Duffy streaming
Jimmy Robertson v Rod Lawler

Postby daraghj82

Wild wrote:Andrew Norman 5-3 Stuart Carrington
Sam Craigie 4-2 Adam Wicheard
David Morris 5-4 Paul Davison

delighted davy won his match. hope he can go on a
good run

Postby daraghj82

anyone heard of tubberlad these days, i haven't seen him on here in ages

Postby Monique

About Joe Swail, Worldsnooker just put this on twitter
yes he conceded after 3 frames on medical grounds

as for Andy Hicks it seems he wasn't 100% neither see http://onqpromotions.co.uk/wp/2012/02/2 ... for-hicks/

and now it seems that Brendan Moore is ill as well.

And Judd Trump has got a bug but still hopes to be able to make it to Haiku…

Postby roy142857

Alex0paul wrote:Great win for Brecel over Andy Hicks

Some of the new players like Brecel just seem to be getting themselves to the level needed to compete well on the Pro Tour, shame a number of those will lose their tour places. Different next year but perhaps too much the other way, although is it only the Q School qualifiers who get two years, not say the nominated players? Anyone know?

Postby Wildey

James Wattana 2-5 Liam Highfield
Andy Hicks 3-5 Luca Brecel
Barry Pinches 2-4 David Grace
Liu Chuang 5-2 Andrew Norman
Liu Song 1-5 Sam Craigie

Postby Wildey

roy142857 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Great win for Brecel over Andy Hicks

Some of the new players like Brecel just seem to be getting themselves to the level needed to compete well on the Pro Tour, shame a number of those will lose their tour places. Different next year but perhaps too much the other way, although is it only the Q School qualifiers who get two years, not say the nominated players? Anyone know?

i think ALL New pros gets two years

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

dont think you can say someones too young to be on tour, if theyre good enough there old enough as that saying goes.

i think the main factor is that hes just not good enough at the moment. This season will at least have been a learning experience for him, the same with Brecel. Im sure both will come back stronger in the future. <ok>

Kacper was far too young. That "saying" is just nonsense. Competing professionally isn't just about knowing the shots. It asks for a psychological and emotional maturity that kids of 15 vey rarely have, even kids of 16 come to that. As for learning from the experience, that's still to be seen. Kacper has been beaten again and again. He's far away from his country and most of his family and friends. I'm afraid it has been a grueling experience for the kid and one that could leave scars that will never completely heal. Is is really worth destroying the mind and confidence of a kid just because some fans want to see them compete when they aren't ready for it? Would it really hurt anybody if they waited for another year? I think not.

Postby Alex0paul

It is a shame it is the top 8 on the PTC list that stays on rather than the one year list as players who are safe like Bedford and Poomjaeng arent entering these events as there is no point for them.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 22nd of February

10am

James Wattana 2-5 Liam Highfield
Andy Hicks 3-5 Luca Brecel
Barry Pinches 3-5 David Grace
Adrian Gunnell 5-0 Joe Swail
Liu Chuang 5-2 Andrew Norman
Liu Song 1-5 Sam Craigie

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul wrote:It is a shame it is the top 8 on the PTC list that stays on rather than the one year list as players who are safe like Bedford and Poomjaeng arent entering these events as there is no point for them.

TOTALLY

whats the point of these guys being "professional" snooker players if their ambition is to SURVIVE on tour via the PTCs only to then fo AWOL and not enter events. With an attitude like that, they are a waste of a tour place and should be chucked off. Why bother being a pro if you then dont play some events.

And i know Monique will come on with the money issue, but if these guys have decided they cant make money, then they might as well retire and let someone else have a go,

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

Kacper was far too young. That "saying" is just nonsense. Competing professionally isn't just about knowing the shots. It asks for a psychological and emotional maturity that kids of 15 vey rarely have, even kids of 16 come to that. As for learning from the experience, that's still to be seen. Kacper has been beaten again and again. He's far away from his country and most of his family and friends. I'm afraid it has been a grueling experience for the kid and one that could leave scars that will never completely heal. Is is really worth destroying the mind and confidence of a kid just because some fans want to see them compete when they aren't ready for it? Would it really hurt anybody if they waited for another year? I think not.

He might as well get his apprenticeship and beatings out of the way the now than a year or 2 down the line.

No-one forced him to come to the UK and play snooker.

If hes any serious ambition to be a pro snooker player then leaving his family and friends behind is a sacrifice he will have to make, and that goes for the rest of the tour too. The days of players having 3 weeks off every month top play happy families are long gone.

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:It is a shame it is the top 8 on the PTC list that stays on rather than the one year list as players who are safe like Bedford and Poomjaeng arent entering these events as there is no point for them.

TOTALLY

whats the point of these guys being "professional" snooker players if their ambition is to SURVIVE on tour via the PTCs only to then fo AWOL and not enter events. With an attitude like that, they are a waste of a tour place and should be chucked off. Why bother being a pro if you then dont play some events.

And i know Monique will come on with the money issue, but if these guys have decided they cant make money, then they might as well retire and let someone else have a go,

I'm not coming with anything because I don't know what is behind those players decision.

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:

He might as well get his apprenticeship and beatings out of the way the now than a year or 2 down the line.

No-one forced him to come to the UK and play snooker.

If hes any serious ambition to be a pro snooker player then leaving his family and friends behind is a sacrifice he will have to make, and that goes for the rest of the tour too. The days of players having 3 weeks off every month top play happy families are long gone.

The boy was only 15 Witz ffs! Do you really believe it was his decision only and that he knew what he was in for, especially considering he wasn't living in the UK and therefore had no experience of things like PIOS and UK pro-ams?
I'm all for young people to learn autonomy and take their responsibilities. But there are limits. Kids need to be supported and encouraged to take their life in their own hands, but they need to be protected also until they have the maturity to do it. Where do you put the limit?