Topic locked

Re: 888真人 Welsh Open Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:World Open (75k to winner) > PTC Finals (70k to winner) > China Open (60k to winner)

money talks so thats how i rate these in priority.

between these 3 plus the World Champs thats a tasty £455,000 the players have left to aim for this season.

money means bucking marmite its about playing the sport winning matches being the best cash is a bonus buck all else and adds buck all to prestiege of a event.

when it goes to an order of merit money will matter even more

of course players would rather win a PTC Final which is a new event with 40k more prize money than the Welsh Open final which has been around for 20 years.

dont give a buck what money whores want to win that adds buck all regarding prestiege.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:SF,

did u speak to the CDL?

Briefly. I nearly banged into him, and said sorry to him. I must've used the term 'alright' for some reason, but the South Londoner came out in me and I pronounced it 'Awright' which made him fall about laughing, bless him.

Rob Walker had him up the front at one point before TV came on the air.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:SF,

did u speak to the CDL?

Briefly. I nearly banged into him, and said sorry to him. I must've used the term 'alright' for some reason, but the South Londoner came out in me and I pronounced it 'Awright' which made him fall about laughing, bless him.

Rob Walker had him up the front at one point before TV came on the air.

you were banging the CDL :limp: and speaking like Michael Barrymore :ymca:

oh god what did Rob Walker have him doing :emb: :blush: :gag: <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:

You know how sometimes before the matches, he gets some kids in the crowd to run down and pretend to be the players? For some reason, he got the guy to announce the kids coming in, instead of doing it himself.

He was pretty funny actually, he gave it some right welly. rofl

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

You know how sometimes before the matches, he gets some kids in the crowd to run down and pretend to be the players? For some reason, he got the guy to announce the kids coming in, instead of doing it himself.

He was pretty funny actually, he gave it some right welly. rofl

no i dont know :shrug: im always in the bar at that point <ok>

lucky it was in his homeland so at least most of the natives understood what he was saying :dizzy:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:paid a malu cachu yr albanwr dwl <doh>

gallwch gwthio eich cam-drin eich jacksie :grrr:

the correct reply i think your looking for is

gallwch gwthio fo i fynny'r pen ol .

Postby jojo

bit late but well done ding only saw the last four or five frames and it look like the quality was high

on this form both are contenders for the world title pleased for ding as in my opinion he far too good to win only five ranking events even though that include two uk titles and a masters on top

hard luck selby but well done ding following on from his crucible win over selby

Postby vodkadiet

The match remined me a lot of their World quarter last year when Selby couldn't quite get back at Ding after falling behind. He kept getting close but couldn't quite take the match by the scruff of the neck. I feel if Selby could get ahead of Ding early in a long frame match he could beat him quite easily.

Postby jojo

may sound strange but i still dont think ding is quite the same player since the match against ronnie at the masters he still carrying the scars i feel

yes he a more grittier player but not as clinical as he was before then but he could definitely win the world championship this year

Postby SnookerFan

jojo wrote:may sound strange but i still dont think ding is quite the same player since the match against ronnie at the masters he still carrying the scars i feel

yes he a more grittier player but not as clinical as he was before then but he could definitely win the world championship this year

His game changed, I feel. He was all attack in those days. I remember that torunament, he was winning frames in 8 or 9 minutes every time. But that loss harmed his confidence, I feel. And for a while it looked like he'd never recover. Remember when people though Liang Wenbo would overtake him as China's best player? rofl

He's gained more confidence and success now, but he doesn't try to pot everything. There weren't many frames won in 8 minutes by Ding when I was in Wales. But he seemed to compete better, played some good safety too.

Of course, he was lucky that guys phone went off when it did too. :-D

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:Robbo hasn't lost a final, everyone knows it. It's pretty desperate rooting through amateur, junior and pro-am career stats in order to prove otherwise.

:spot on: :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Stephen Lee on twitter;

"Off to hong kong tomorrow with mat stevens 12 hour flight nice...."

I hope nobody has a phone go off.

its obvious players just love to moan......if Barry had a Hong Kong open to play they would be saying ffs another laung haul flight again ive got nappies that needs changing.

hong kong next week staying for the World Open in 6 days or going to fly home and back again ?

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Sonny wrote:Robbo hasn't lost a final, everyone knows it. It's pretty desperate rooting through amateur, junior and pro-am career stats in order to prove otherwise.

:spot on: :bowdown:

a final is a final regardless of whether its World Final, PTC, Premier League week, pro-am etc,

once Jono loses what yous deem "a final" im sure the goalposts will be moved to somehow maintain his 100% record <doh>

soon as he loses a ranking final, itll still be a 100% record because all of a sudden only BBC events or Majors will count <doh>