Topic locked

Re: 888真人 Welsh Open Final Discussion!!!!

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What will be Stephen Lee thinking right now?

IT WAS A QUALITY RING TONE

Postby Roland

Well played Ding! Great player and so endearing in the post match interview. Sets up a possible rematch in the Crucible quarter-final. Means we won't get another Judd/Ding semi which looked probable earlier in the day.

Has to be said, Judd has a path straight to the semis this year.

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:What will be Stephen Lee thinking right now?

IT WAS A QUALITY RING TONE

Apparently he said "Jesus. I thought I was the only one with that ring tone. Now I am gonna have to change it"!

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:Well played Ding! Great player and so endearing in the post match interview. Sets up a possible rematch in the Crucible quarter-final. Means we won't get another Judd/Ding semi which looked probable earlier in the day.

Has to be said, Judd has a path straight to the semis this year.

Now you say that he will suffer an early exit rofl <laugh>

Postby Skullman

:hatoff: Ding. Hoping for a Selby comeback but I can admit the better man who today. Of course Selby might get his revenge in Sheffield ;-)

As for Selby, I hope he doesn't take this final defeat too badly. Think his form is back and he still has another two tournaments before the Crucible. Would've have been nice to win, but the past is past and he should look to Haikou next.

As an aside, nice to see Ding look more confident in interviews and even joking! 5 rankers now and a Masters. Best title haul out of all the players after the class of '92 (excluding Robbo). Every tournament seems to show another contender for the Crucible coming into form. Who'll be next, Dott? Stevens? :chuckle: Carter? :john:

Postby Roland

I see it as a stepping stone for Selby. Bad choice to stun the black for 3-1, bad red off green spot and a few loose safeties cost him. He started to look good at the end with the 145 which was classic Selby in a final session form. Just didn't get the nudges in the last frame but to be honest if he wasn't going to win it I wouldn't have liked to see Ding throw it away.

Postby GJ

Who after 100 % robbo has the best conversion rate in ranking finals in top 16 ?

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote::hatoff: Ding. Hoping for a Selby comeback but I can admit the better man who today. Of course Selby might get his revenge in Sheffield ;-)

As for Selby, I hope he doesn't take this final defeat too badly. Think his form is back and he still has another two tournaments before the Crucible. Would've have been nice to win, but the past is past and he should look to Haikou next.

As an aside, nice to see Ding look more confident in interviews and even joking! 5 rankers now and a Masters. Best title haul out of all the players after the class of '92 (excluding Robbo). Every tournament seems to show another contender for the Crucible coming into form. Who'll be next, Dott? Stevens? :chuckle: Carter? :john:

Id rate Ding ahead of Jono in the best of those after the class of 92

Ding has 3 majors and Jono has only 2 plus Ding is only 24 whilst Jono is 30

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote::hatoff: Ding. Hoping for a Selby comeback but I can admit the better man who today. Of course Selby might get his revenge in Sheffield ;-)

I agree :spot on:

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Just thinking about it, wouldn't it be funny if Selby would end Robbo's "unbeaten in finals" streak?

GOOD ONE rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby GJ

witz

If robbo gets world title number 2 this year and im very confident he will he is the ahead of ding irrelevant of age gap

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:

I marginally prefer Robbo, but I said best title haul, not best player. Ding obviously has more time and should over take him at some point.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Robbo is ahead of Ding right now but it will be only a matter of time until Ding will overtake him, it's inevitable.

Robbo is a late developer and will be about for along while yet

williams is still there and is 7 years his senior

<cool>

Postby vodkadiet

Can anyone remember what frame Junhui fluked a snooker behind the green early in the frame, and forced an error from Selby?

Postby Skullman

vodkadiet wrote:Can anyone remember what frame Junhui fluked a snooker behind the green early in the frame, and forced an error from Selby?

Frame six I think. Any reason you want to know?

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:Who after 100 % robbo has the best conversion rate in ranking finals in top 16 ?

Bingham: 100%

who cares about silly percentages

GJ would rather Jono never made another final than won 2o more rankers but lost 1 final <doh>