Topic locked

Re: 888真人 Welsh Open Final Discussion!!!!

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:Dene O Kane

you might as well include him too GJ

hes as good as Australian :D

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Postby DavieMac

Rocket_ron wrote:
DavieMac wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:Snookerfan got told off from a mod on TSF for saying "Honest John" lol

:stir:

Not at all, just thought it was funny

No no, i meant i must be stirring the pot.

Postby Witz78

Rocket_ron wrote:Snookerfan got told off from a mod on TSF for saying "Honest John" lol

about time that rubbish stirring slob got his commupence :spot on:

wonder if hes living it up in Newport as we speak rofl

Postby GJ

Rocket_ron wrote:GJ you still blocking me on twitter?

you unfollowed me first ;-)

i will unblock and follow if you do the same <cool> :hatoff:

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:

Witz, Whats your beef with snookerfan?

Postby DavieMac

Witz78 wrote:

SnookerFan > Gaddafi

Postby DavieMac

Rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

He rejected his advances... or so the rumur goes.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Selby to win, cap off a good weekend for Leicester sport in general.

I also like Ding Junkebab aswell though, but routing for Selby, but also wouldn't mind a Ding win just to see all his fans reactions, some will probably start crying.

I am going for 9-7 though to Selby.

Postby Witz78

Haha anyone see the boxing hoo hah there

the post fight press conferences there and Chisora threatens to shoot Haye then it all kicks off and Chisora goes to glass Haye and catches his manager instead busting him wide open haha

wonder if this is scripted so there feud leads to a fight between these 2 British flops

Postby Roland

Anyway knowing my luck he'll be reading and take issue with me so I've removed what I said. Also I can't remember exactly what he said that lead me to that conclusion and I can't be fussed raking through it again.

Postby Witz78

Rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

<doh>

thats like asking a Christian what is wrong with the Coliseum rofl

rofl

Sadsack is a fat hammer and if i see him at an event i will do a Chisora :hatoff:

Postby Roland

That is taken completely out of context. The press conference in question was after the world final against Judd. He was asked if he was tired and his reaction was to compare it with the 2007 final. In the final against Selby in 2007, Selby was shattered after a late night finish after he beat Murphy 17-16 from 16-14 down and both players were struggling on day 1 of the final through fatigue.

Higgins has said many complimentary things about Selby in other interviews and respects him very highly as a player.

Postby John From London Town

Mark Selby done a job on the fella, again! He's our #1 in the World, it's like dissing Steve Davis or the Great One. Why don't people like people who are #1 in in the World in their chosen profession? It escapes me at times.
I was practicing for 2.5 hours solid on my own tonight & Rah Rah Rah. :clap:
Enjoy it, while you can. You don’t have to like it, just enjoy it because it’s Snooker. :-)

Postby Witz78

from Twitter :D

Chisora and Haye are now yelling at each other. Incredible ... Chisora yelling "how's your toe" over and over. Now he's rushing Haye. they are brawling. ... Still brawling. Haye threw the first punch. ... Chisora: "I'm going to shoot you. I'm going to physically shoot David Haye." ... Chisora claiming Haye hit him with a bottle. ... Wladimir is standing on a chair laughing. Gives me two thumbs up. He's loving this. ... Chisora: "If David doesn't fight me, I'm going to find him on the street and kill him. I'll burn him." ... Adam Booth is beeding from a cut on his skull. Chisora telling him, "look in my eyes, I'm going to kill your fighter." ... Haye and Chisora are gone. A giddy Wladimir Klitschko is doing interviews. I don't think I've ever seen him have this much fun. ... I'm told that the police are waiting for Chisora outside. Don't know who called them, but they are here for them.

Postby Roland

Snooker Overdrive wrote:You say that Higgins meant that particular final was torture but not playing Selby in general?

:spot on:

Postby Wildey

witz

for christ sakes just because snookerfan lives a non dancing going head down in the gutter with a ladyboy lifestyle you lead doesent meen he is sadsack.....everyone is different.

Postby Skullman

Sonny wrote:Nice to see a good vibe among proper snooker fans in this topic, not getting trapped into the bull that was on twitter tonight. Selby deserves credit, he knows how to win a snooker match. If Ronnie found his game and started clearing up with every visit, Selby had plenty of gears left to step up and he would have done, make no mistake. Once it got to 3-2 and half way through the next, there really was only going to be one result.

I watched on BBC2 Wales and Terry Griffiths did an excellent summary and then Ronnie gave Selby due credit and said he played well, is number 1 for a reason and that he's really tough to beat, Selby said he was trying to win a snooker match and although he'd love it to have been loads of centuries it wasn't one of those matches and it was a clash of styles. All level headed stuff telling it how it is. Much like this topic.

Honestly though, I could write an article on this. The Ronnie/Selby thing is huge in snooker terms and is great for the game in that it shows diversity of styles. The way some carry on they really haven't got a clue. The funny thing is that in Power Snooker for example, something aimed at speeding up the game and bringing flair players to the fore, players like Selby - tacticians - will find a way to win going against the grain.

I love Ding but I hope Selby wins tomorrow to gradually increase his ranking event wins and get him that self-belief that yes, he really does deserve to be World Number One and the critics who say he'll never win a World Title and all of that jazz just don't get him or why he's a cut above and are talking out of their baboons shiny behinds. Of course he's capable. He could have two World Titles in the bag right now if it wasn't for a certain Mr John Higgins.

Sorry to bring this up again, would replied last night but fell to weakness and decided to sleep instead :-)

I totally agree with this. The only person I fear at the Crucible is Higgins. However, even during the years when Higgins is defending the title and gets knocked out of the second round, Selby didn't capitalise. Anyway, there's no point saying Selby could have had two World Titles, because in the end he didn't get them and you have to look to the future as a fan. The critics will still hate even he wins the title, because they'll say he hasn't won a Worlds or a UK yet.

As for Ding, he can win a World Title too. People say he's mentally weak, but he's no weaker in that department than Ronnie. I think he just needs to have the draw open up for like Robbo's did in 2010. Only an inspired Judd Trump beat last year, and this time he might not make it to the semis.

Postby Casey

Selby didn't play any mind games against Ronnie last night - if he wanted to he would have refused Ronnie the re-rack early on after only 2 shots.

Selby just played better, but overall they were two very disappointing SF's.

Postby Skullman

Just saw remembered what played said in their interviews.

:hatoff: Ronnie. Was gracious is defeat, unlike some of his fans although couldn't hear much as that's when my aunt decided to drag me upstairs to sort some silly problem she had. :irk:

:grrr: Ding. Selby plays slow does he? I personally hope that Selby plays in a way that would make Peter Ebdon walk out of the room in frustration.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:witz

for christ sakes just because snookerfan lives a non dancing going head down in the gutter with a ladyboy lifestyle you lead doesent meen he is sadsack.....everyone is different.

yeh ur right, everyone is different compared to Simplefan :roll:

thank god for that :clap:

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Nice to see a good vibe among proper snooker fans in this topic, not getting trapped into the bull that was on twitter tonight. Selby deserves credit, he knows how to win a snooker match. If Ronnie found his game and started clearing up with every visit, Selby had plenty of gears left to step up and he would have done, make no mistake. Once it got to 3-2 and half way through the next, there really was only going to be one result.

I watched on BBC2 Wales and Terry Griffiths did an excellent summary and then Ronnie gave Selby due credit and said he played well, is number 1 for a reason and that he's really tough to beat, Selby said he was trying to win a snooker match and although he'd love it to have been loads of centuries it wasn't one of those matches and it was a clash of styles. All level headed stuff telling it how it is. Much like this topic.

Honestly though, I could write an article on this. The Ronnie/Selby thing is huge in snooker terms and is great for the game in that it shows diversity of styles. The way some carry on they really haven't got a clue. The funny thing is that in Power Snooker for example, something aimed at speeding up the game and bringing flair players to the fore, players like Selby - tacticians - will find a way to win going against the grain.

I love Ding but I hope Selby wins tomorrow to gradually increase his ranking event wins and get him that self-belief that yes, he really does deserve to be World Number One and the critics who say he'll never win a World Title and all of that jazz just don't get him or why he's a cut above and are talking out of their baboons shiny behinds. Of course he's capable. He could have two World Titles in the bag right now if it wasn't for a certain Mr John Higgins.

The bulk of people defending Selbys style of play and spoiling tactics are either I am some twats just happy to see him lose by any means, or Jono fans who are used to watching this brand of snooker.

I think its widely recognised that events like Power Snooker and Sky Shootout are geared towards quick thinking and clever tactical players as much as flair players, infact moreso id actually say.

Could have! Jimmy could have countless World Titles if it wasnt for Hendry, Davis etc