Topic locked

Re: 888真人 Welsh Open Semi Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I can't believe this. Every single frame went scrappy, every single one. Selby also had a very good run of the balls. I don't think Mark played that much better than Ronnie.

But I'm very pleased with O'Sullivan attitude. He never gave up and tried his hardest up to the very end.

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:And there we have. A good win & performance.

if you call that a good performance i wouldnt like to see a BAD performance by Wiggy :irk:

Was a good performance mate. Proper matchplay today. Reminded me that Robertson is just a poor man's Selby, should go back to his attacking game.

Postby DavieMac

Witz78 wrote:

if you call that a good performance i wouldnt like to see a BAD performance by Wiggy :irk:

Wasnt good. It was great.

Ronnie couldnt pot anything over 4ft. Shaking in his boots he was.

Postby Andre147

Rocket_ron wrote:Thats it, ronnie's run is over. but he has done well this month

He has certainly... Selby didnt have to play at his best to beat a below par Ronnie, he just had too much of a safety and tactical game to Ronnie, who missed crucial balls when he should never have done... Almost every time Ronnie came at the table, he was tight in the baulk cushion, or snookered, with no shots on...

And Selby did have the run of the ball in his favour, although he still took advantage of Ronnie´s mistakes and punished him.. He had his game plan all along, didnt go for a single shot that he thought was dangerous, thats just the way he plays,hate it or love it, in my case, hate it :no:

I now want for Ding to beat him tomorrow, and thats not just because Selby beat Ronnie, but because I enjoy Ding´s game more Ding´s game than Selby's..

Postby GJ

Anyone who says that was similiar to robbo v trump really hates robbo

Witz siad that but robbo won most frames in 1 max 2 visits in masters semi

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:Thats it, ronnie's run is over. but he has done well this month

He has certainly... Selby didnt have to play at his best to beat a below par Ronnie, he just had too much of a safety and tactical game to Ronnie, who missed crucial balls when he should never have done... Almost every time Ronnie came at the table, he was tight in the baulk cushion, or snookered, with no shots on...

And Selby did have the run of the ball in his favour, although he still took advantage of Ronnie´s mistakes and punished him.. He had his game plan all along, didnt go for a single shot that he thought was dangerous, thats just the way he plays,hate it or love it, in my case, hate it :no:

I now want for Ding to beat him tomorrow, and thats not just because Selby beat Ronnie, but because I enjoy Ding´s game more Ding´s game than Selby's..

Ding only wins ranking events against all time greats, so Selby to win tomorrow for me.

Patterns <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

DavieMac wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Wasnt good. It was great.

Ronnie couldnt pot anything over 4ft. Shaking in his boots he was.

He potted loads of thin long reds, he struggled with the straight long pots.

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:Anyone who says that was similiar to robbo v trump really hates robbo

Think Robbo is capable of pulling off a performance like this, but doesn't need to go to such extremes with Trump.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I can't believe this. Every single frame went scrappy, every single one. Selby also had a very good run of the balls. I don't think Mark played that much better than Ronnie.

But I'm very pleased with O'Sullivan attitude. He never gave up and tried his hardest up to the very end.

Yes I agree too, although Selby did play slightly better than Ronnie. I also thought that in the end Ronnie would lose his head and just start playing left handed and smashing the balls all over the place, but he didint.

The problem was that Selby´s tactical game was just far far superior to Ronnie's... Ronnie never had a shot on that was over 5 or 6 ft.. and even when he did, they werent easy... fair play to Selby, tough matchplay snooker from him...

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:

Think Robbo is capable of pulling off a performance like this, but doesn't need to go to such extremes with Trump.

Robbo tends to maybe take a while on certain tough situations

But for me his match with judd was no where near as scrappy as this tonight every frame was scrappy in this one

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:

But for me his match with judd was no where near as scrappy as this tonight every frame was scrappy in this one

I know that, I watched it as well. All I said is that Robbo can do frames like this if he wanted to/needed to. It's a compliment.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

The matches went similar but the standard was MUCH higher in the Masters match. Ronnie and Trump were the favourites but struggled to get going and Robbo and Selby took full advantage and won.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:

I know that, I watched it as well. All I said is that Robbo can do frames like this if he wanted to/needed to. It's a compliment.

fair enough

Postby Andre147

And it´s amazing if you think that the players contesting this final are the ones who were just 1 or 2 shots away from being knocked out of the tournament...

They both grew on confidence after that, hope it is a good match tomorrow

Postby Rocket_ron

Andre147 wrote:And it´s amazing if you think that the players contesting this final are the ones who were just 1 or 2 shots away from being knocked out of the tournament...

Ronnie was nearly knocked out R1 German masters

Patterns

Postby Snooker Overdrive

DavieMac wrote:Run of the ball my bottom. Better player on the night won.

I dont find Selby boring but then again im not a Ronnie fan. He's a great break builder.

Willie Thorne said himself that Selby had a massive run of the balls today. Selby missed plenty and mishit safeties but he got away with it far more often than Ronnie.

Postby DavieMac

Andre147 wrote:And it´s amazing if you think that the players contesting this final are the ones who were just 1 or 2 shots away from being knocked out of the tournament...

Good point.

Same with Trump at the UK. Dom should've won but got a bit of bad luck then Trump stormed back.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I dont find Selby boring but then again im not a Ronnie fan. He's a great break builder.

Willie Thorne said himself that Selby had a massive run of the balls today. Selby missed plenty and mishit safeties but he got away with it far more often than Ronnie.

You act as if Willie is the paragon of impartiality (is that even a word?). He probably had a bet on. Anyway, I don't think it mattered. Ronnie's head completely went after the interval, even if the run was even he would've messed up somewhere.
Last edited by Skullman on 18 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby DavieMac

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Forgive me if I dont give a rubbish what Willie Thorne says.

Postby Skullman

DavieMac wrote:So Ronnie's inability to pot anything over 5ft was cause of Selby's run of the ball?

No wonder the runt was bankrupt with that logic.

Willie not your favourite then? :john:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

You act as if Willie is the paragon of impartiality (is that even a word?). He probably had a bet on. Anyway, I don't think it mattered. Ronnie's head completely went after the interval, even if the run was even he would've messed up somewhere.

His head didn't went. He played good controlled safeties up to the very end.

To the run of the ball issue: Mark 4-2 up, cuts the red in the corner and leaves it there but somehow Ronnie ends up being snookered on that red. This was 1 example and there were plenty of similar situations.